Make A Name For Yourself

Chapter 19

Image

(Brendon's Point of View)

I walked into the so-called living room on the bus. Everyone was there watching TV or sitting silently.

"Hey," I said, and Ryan, and Jon looked at me.

"What's up?"

"Nothing."

"Is she up?" Ryan said cutting to the chase.

"Yeah, she's in the shower."

"Okay. She okay then?"

"Yeah, If she wasn't I wouldn't so calm."

"Can I talk to you?" Ryan asked. "Alone."

"No Ryan," He looked at me confused. "I will not have sex with you."

Relief spread across his face. "God Brendon, I thought you were being serious for a second."

We walked to the bunks, and I sat down on the bunk I had just been sleeping in, Alexis's bunk.

"So what's up?"

"Well I have to ask you a question."

"Shoot."

"Do you like Lexi?"

"As…?" Ryan sighed.

"Like more as a friend?"

"Uh…" I couldn't lie, and say I didn't. Over the past weeks we had really grown to become really good friends. And I couldn't lie and say I didn’t wish we could be something more.
"Well…um…I-"

"You do don't you?"

"Yeah," I said feeling my cheeks burn. Ryan looked at me not knowing what to say or do. "Ryan…you still like her a lot don't you?"

"Kind of," I knew he liked her a lot more than he led on.
"But, I think you two would be good together."

I smiled. "Really?"

"As long as you promise not to break her heart," I felt relieved that Ryan didn't want to beat the shit out of me for liking her.

"Thanks." I smiled which Ryan returned.