Make A Name For Yourself

Chapter 24

Image

(Alexis's Point of View)

Did I really want to try again? It didn't work last time, but we didn't even try. I looked down at the ground focusing on the small rocks that littered it. I could feel his heart breaking as every moment of awkward silence passed. I looked up at him pain etched across his face.

"I would love to try again." I said smiling. The pain was swept from his face and replaced with happiness.

"Really?"

"Do you think I would be joking about this?" He shook his head, and hugged me so tightly I thought I would collapse.
"Ry I can’t breathe."

He let go of me, "Sorry."

"Wanna go back inside?" He nodded his head, grabbed my hand, and led me back inside.

As we walked in Brendon directed his attention to us. I saw his eyes look towards our hands, which we still held, and then back up to us.

"Dating again?" He asked motioning to our hands.

"You bet." I said smiling like there was no tomorrow.

"Oh."

"Why is that a problem?" Ryan asked his eyebrows arched.

"No. Not at all," He looked hurt, but shrugged it off.
"I'm going to the airport now. I'll be back later."

"Bye Bren." I said.

I found the digital clock on the stove, which read 1:45. Damn, I have to start getting ready.

"I have to get ready Ryan."

"What time is it?"

"Almost two."

"Really, wow okay." He looked hesitant but leaned in and kissed me softly. Oh how I've missed those lips.

I grabbed his shirt pulling him closer to me. He ran his tongue over my bottom lip hungrily asking for entrance. I opened my mouth wide as he explored my mouth, and I explored his. I jumped up and wrapped my legs around his waist as he brought us to the bathroom.