Make A Name For Yourself

Chapter 28

He smiled and jogged to catch up to me.

"How have you been?"

"I'm good and yourself?"

"Pretty good you could say. You guys are getting pretty well known."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, people are already doing little 'I love Dan' clubs. Funny stuff," He said nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

"Ha, that's funny. I'll tell him about that later."

"I'm sorry, you know for all the shit I said, and for the asshole comments." He said as if he has a burst of confidence run through his veins.

"It's fine. Don’t worry about it okay?" He showed a small smile.

"Thanks."

"Alexis come on!" I heard Ingrid say in a sing-song voice.

"Well I guess I have to go."

"Let's keep in touch."

"Sure. I got a new phone." I grabbed a sharpie from my back pocket. I took his hand and wrote my number on it.
"There ya go." I laughed. "Bye Brent."

"Bye Lex," I got onto the bus, and shut the door.

"So how is Lil 'Ol Brent?" Brendon asked while playing with his girlfriend's hair.

"Good I guess."

"Brendon, you bathroom is way too small." Audrey started complaining.

"What?"

"I have to take out my extensions and re-dye my hair." She said grabbing her hair from Brendon's hand.

"I don’t know what I'm supposed to do about that."

"Forget about it. You obviously don't care about my needs."

"What?"

"Forget it," She got up and stormed to the bunks. Wow. I looked at Brendon, my eyebrows arched.

"She's just down cause of her friend."

"Sure."

I picked up my new journal off the counter, and sat down at the table. I opened it and started writing down random lyrics circling in my head. I was also writing so I could gather my thoughts. Brendon the dumbass, Ryan the lover, Shannon the hater, and Brent the…forgiving?

What was up with Brent anyways? He seemed sincere, but I'm not sure. I'll trust him for now.

Shannon…what's up her butt? She hasn't been like how she has been recently acting for a long time. Does it have something to do with Jon? Probably does. She was always somewhat jealous of Jon and I's relationship.

Ryan. I love him. I truly do with all my heart. Right? Yes.

Brendon is a no good, rotten, stupid…boy.

I felt the seat next to me sink in. I looked up and saw Dan with a wide smile.

"Yes?"

"Lemme see!"

"Okay," I passed him the journal. He skimmed over them, the smile on his face growing.

"I like."

"Really?"

"Yessir, have any chords in mind to make some new beautiful music?

"Yeah, a few, you all could help too."

"We will. I wanna play this miracle soon." I let out a small laugh.

Audrey walked out of the room with a hideous fur jacket on, a Moltey Crue t-shirt under it, and black tights. I looked at Dan who exchanged the same expression. The shirt and tights weren't bad, but the jacket needed to be burned.

She cleared her throat and said loudly, "Brendon can we take a little detour?"

I heard a loud groan from the other room, and Brendon appeared in the doorway soon after.

"No."

"But we have to pick up Zui!"

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"I asked her to fly out here. She's gonna be at the airport around here in 20 minutes."

Brendon took out his phone and called Pete I assume. I could tell Pete was yelling because I could hear his voice from where I was sitting. Ryan came into the room and sat down next to me after Dan had gotten up.

"Hello sweetie."

"Hey."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just annoyed by the fake pink haired monster."

"Give her a chance."

"You’re on her side too. When she first came here you didn’t like her either!"

"I'm not on her side. I just think you shouldn’t judge people so easily. Give people a chance."

"So you don’t think I give people a chance?"