Make A Name For Yourself

Chapter 29

"That's not what I meant."

"Well sure sounds like it." I snapped, got up, and went to the bunks shutting the door.

Minutes later we arrived outside the airport's pickup lane. I picked up a small bag I had packed. I got off the bus without anyone seeing me, and walked to Pete's bus. I knocked on the door, and Pete opened it soon after. He looked at me surprisingly and let me in. Pete grabbed my bag and placed it down somewhere.

"What's wrong?" He asked concern etched in his face.

"Nothing, don't worry." He still looked at me confused. "I just need a break from everyone."

"Dramz going on over there I'm guessing."

"You could say that."

"Wanna watch TV?" I gave him a weak smile my mood slowly rising,

"Sure," He smiled brightly grabbed my hand and showed me to where their HD widescreen TV was.
"Luckies! I would love to have this TV."

He laughed and we sat down. He put his arm around my shoulders, grabbed the remote, turned on the TV, and handed me the remote. I flipped through the channels and finally found something to watch. Underworld was on TNT. We watched it in silence. We both heard the bus's door open but ignored whoever entered the bus.
On the screen blood spurted from one of the werewolf's necks which made me quickly turn my head to Pete's chest.

"You baby," He said softly. I lifted my head.

"No that was just ew." He hugged me tightly and we continued watching the movie.

Suddenly we heard someone clear their throat. Pete and I looked behind us and saw Ryan standing in the doorway.

"What are you doing over here?"

"I'm just spending some time here. Chill Ryan."

"It looks more like that to me." Pete took his arm from around my shoulders and got up.

"Dude chill, we're just watching TV. What has gotten into you?"

"Nothing! You know what forget it. I just wanted to fix things but obviously you around here doing other things. Stay over here if you want to, I don’t care."

"Ryan!" I said also getting up with tears forming in my eyes. He just gave me a look of disgust and stormed off the bus. I wanted to go after him and fix things but my legs wouldn’t let me. I fell to the floor seeing my world fall apart. Jeez when I get so mushy and breakable.

"Lex get up." Pete said lifting me up. He sat me down on the couch and held me for god knows how long.
"Don't worry about him. He's being an asshole right now."

"Okay."

"Cheer up! You are way cooler than him."

"If I am so cool how come I'm in this position?"

"You need to think more before you go into a serious relationship."

I opened my mouth to talk back, but thought about what he said.

He was right.