Make A Name For Yourself

Chapter 31

We all got into the rental car that was already there for us, and went to the club called Jumpin' Start. Yeah, that's not corny at all. We got in instantly and headed to a back table. A waitress came up and started hitting on Ryan. Not like I cared or anything.

"Hello sweetie, what would you like?"

"I'm fine with just a coke thanks." He said smiling at her. I still don't give a flying crap.

"Anything for you, what would the rest of you like?" She took all out orders and left giving Ryan a small wink. No, I wasn't mad. I was furious. It wasn't like we broke up or anything.

"Brendon, I don't understand why I couldn't get anything with alcohol in it."

"I just don't think you should be drinking right now."

"I'll get what I want." She got up, "Come on Zui." Oh her friend is here. I didn't even notice. I looked at Pete as the waitress came back with our drinks.

"Here ya go handsome." She continued smiling at Ryan. "Everything you order is on the house."

"Why thanks. May I get your name?" He did not go there.

"It's Stacy." Shit he did.

"I'm Ryan." He said shaking her hand. She left once again to go and do her job.

"Pete, I'm going to go…somewhere else." He nodded and got up to let me out. I walked to the bar, but this time knew not to let anyone buy me a drink. I just sat on a stool with my head in my hands. I saw Audrey from the corner of my eyes with her friend. I made them think I wasn't paying attention.

"Zui I don't understand how you could do this to us."

"Audrey I don't understand why you are back with Brendon. He seems miserable now."

"And you think I'm doing that."

"You are using him for your own popularity gain."

"You're acting just like Jac."

"Vanek?"

"Who else?"

"Well it is true, and I'm sorry that this happened to me."

"I can't model with a pregnant person."

"I'm sorry you feel that way."

I felt like zoning out now. I've heard enough. Audrey was a gold digging bitch. That was all I needed to know. They walked away, and on to the dance floor.

"Hey Alexis." I looked up and turned around. A part of me was hoping it was Ryan apologizing.

"Hey Brendon."

"I don't know why Ryan is acting like this."

"He saw Pete and I watching a movie, and thought we were doing more."

"Did you tell him there wasn't anything going on?"

"Well duh, but he didn't want to listen." Right then and there he hugged me. Not some poor pathetic hug, but a true comfortable one.

"What was Audrey telling Zui?"

"Oh, that she was disappointed in her for getting pregnant and stuff."

"Nothing about me?"

"Well…"

"Tell me, I can take it." He said nudging my shoulder.

"That she is just using you for her own 'popularity gain.'" I said using air quotes. He looked down in sadness.
"I'm sorry."

He looked up at me and into my eyes. As if he was searching for something.

"Alexis."

"Brendon."

And that is when he crashed his lips against mine, and I kissed back.
And lights flashed that weren't from the club.