Make A Name For Yourself

Chapter 44

The room was crowded, and it was a true party. Basically everyone was drinking, and chatting it up with people. I had yet to find Ryan. I was still with Brendon, and we were finding the drinks. He seemed so alive today.

"Did anything happen today Bren?"

"No why?"

"You seem very cheery."

"I'm in a good mood." He handed me a glass of gin and tonic.

"Thank you, and that's good." We drank without talking for a few moments.
"Do you know where Ryan is?"

"He left halfway through your guy's concert."

"Do you know why?"

"He said he wasn't feeling good or something."

"Oh," Brendon lifted me chin.

"Don't worry about him."

"I try not to." He pulled me into a hug. I couldn't stop thinking about it. We went back out to the party. Pete came up behind me smiling.

"Your album is doing good."

"Is it?" He nodded his head.

"It is doing very good." He turned to Brendon.
"May I steal her away?"

"I don't know Pete. I hoping to have her the whole evening."

"I'll give her back." Pete begged. I just stood there as they talk about me.

"I guess." Pete grabbed my hand pulled me into a nice secluded area where there was no one else. I sat down on the couch, and Pete sat next to me. He looked me in the eyes.

"You've come so far as an artist."

"Thanks." He held my hand.

"I just can't get the one thing you said out of my head."

"What?"

"You were totally in love with me. How do you feel now?"

"I still think you're amazing Pete." He started running his fingers through my hair, and I have to admit I liked it, but I knew it was wrong.
"Peteā€¦I'm with Ryan."

"I know." He looked down.

"I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry. It's just you're so beautiful and talented." He smiled again, and stood up.
"Be careful of Brendon. He's out to get you."

"Thanks." He helped me up, and we walked back out. Out of my luck Ryan was standing next to Brendon. They were both looking directly at us, and I could tell the worst possible scene was playing in Ryan's head.