Make A Name For Yourself

Chapter 57

I stared at the bowl filled with Ramen noodles in front of me. I ate slowly listening for Brendon to walk through the door. I had left the store telling Brendon I wasn't feeling too well, and that he should just spend the rest of the day with his new girlfriend. He looked hurt, but I was hurt.

Ryan was in his room, talking on the phone with someone who was helping with their performance at the VMA's. He had been in there for nearly forty minutes. I picked up the bowl and put it on the counter. I didn't feel like eating. I drug my feet to the living room and sat on the couch. I turned on the TV and flipped through the channels. I wasn't really paying attention to what was on TV. My mind was somewhere else.

I heard the door being unlocked, and heard it open. I forced myself not to look at Brendon as he walked through the door and into the living room. He cleared his throat, and I gave in and turned my head.

"Oh, hey Brendon, how was the rest of your day?" I asked.

"It was good."

"That's good."

"Are you feeling better?" He asked setting the bag in his hand down.

"Yeah," I answered almost too quiet to hear.

"I'm taking her to the VMA's." He told me, and then there was more stabbing in my stomach.

"Who?" Ryan asked coming out of his room.

"Someone from my school," Ryan nodded his head and sat next to me.

"Are you feeling better?" Ryan asked kissing the side of my head.

"Much better," I smiled at him.
"When are we leaving for New York?"

"Tomorrow night," Brendon quickly said.

"Exciting, I think I'm going to go sleep. I'm tired and I want to be well rested for our adventure to the airport tomorrow." I got up from the couch and headed to Ryan's room. I was already in my pajamas so I just sat in the bed before completely falling asleep. There was an almost silent knock at the door.
"Come in."

The door opened and Brendon slowly walked in. He shut the door behind him and kept his eyes at the ground. He looked up and walked to the foot of the bed. He looked at me and cleared his throat.

"I'm sorry about today."

"What?"

"I didn't expect Chelsea to just pop up, and I should have told her you and I were together…that I was with you…no…that we were spending the day together."

"It's alright Brendon. Don't you fret about it," I told him and smiled. I got up and gave him a reassuring hug. He smiled and quickly kissed my forehead.

"I'll let you sleep now."

"See you later." He left the room and I fell asleep quickly.

I woke up mid-afternoon. I could hear noises coming from the living room. I stretched my legs and arms. I took in a deep breath and rolled over. I felt myself fall off the bed and hit the floor. Every noise in the living room disappeared. It was dead silent. The door flew open, and Ryan was at my side. I opened my eyes and saw Brendon standing behind Ryan with a cane in his hands.

"What is Brendon doing with a cane?"

"I thought someone was trying to steal you."

"When are we leaving?"

"In like a half hour."

"Should I get ready?"

"I believe you should." Ryan joked. Ryan helped me off the floor, and the both of them helped me find my things that were lying around the apartment. It took less than fifteen minutes to pack everything.

"I want coffee." I yelled standing in the middle of the living room.

"If we leave now we could stop at Starbucks before we get to the airport." Brendon suggested.

"Please please please!" I begged.
♠ ♠ ♠
so who knew that mr. ryan ross was single? i had no idea. i could have sworn he would have been to married to keltie by now. i must be living under a rock since it happened the day after valentine's day; i've heard.
as of right now i don't believe what keltie is saying. being a girl, i'm sure she could have made any part or everything up to make herself look like the victim. don't throw stones at me. that's what i think as of now. i really don't see Ryan as the cheating type, but i could be wrong.