Make A Name For Yourself

Chapter 6

"Hummer!" I shouted from the driver seat.

"NO!" Dan shouted back.

"No shouting while I drive!" I laughed looking at Dan through the rear-view mirror. "Um Lamborghini?"

"Right you are." He winked. I rolled my eyes and looked back at the road.

"Dan, you do know those are 250,000 dollar cars."

"Yes Ingrid…your point?"

"You would never be able to afford it!"

"When we're all rock stars we'll be able too."

"And if you're not?" Ryan said joining the conversation.

"I'll just steal all your money." Dan smiled thinking he had won.

"What money?" I smiled and looked over at Ryan who started laughing. Ryan's gaze lingered on me like mine was on him until I focused back on the road. We are currently driving to the airport to pick up our fellow rocker Jon Walker. He has been playing bass for years now, and he's super amazing at it. I remember picking up the phone and dialing his number. His tired and lazy voice answered the phone with his usual 'why are you wasting my time?' tone. Boy did that tone change when I told him Panic! At The Disco wanted him to be the replacement bassist. Sure he wouldn't be the actual bassist in the band, but he would be the replacement, which to him is just as good.
So like I said before, now we are driving to the airport and his flight lands in a good 20 minutes, and unlike Pete and the rest of the guys, we won't be late.

"So how long have you known Jon?" Ryan asked.

"Long long time," Shannon smiled.

"Still like him Shan?"

"NO…well I mean…not exactly…you…forget it." She said her face turning a nice shade of rose.

"Ha ha. You do don't you?"

"Shut up Lexi! It's not funny."

"Yeah Lexi, It's not funny." Ryan said mimicking Shannon. I burst out laughing and almost missed our exit.
Ryan's sidekick started ringing and he flipped it opening putting the caller on speaker.

"Yo."

"Wass up Retro Ryan?" Said a voice which was clearly Brendon's.

"Retro what? Anyways, why you calling?"

"What? I can't call my best friend or something?" Brendon said fake hurt playing in his voice.

"No…"

"Just kidding, don't cry. Where are you?"

"In a car."

"Doing what exactly?"

"Flashing all the pretty ladies that come by." I couldn't help but let out a little laugh.

"Does Alexis know you're doing such things?"

"No, you see she's driving the car while I do this, but she has no idea."

"Are you on crack?"

"Possibly, but I gotta let you go, since we're at the airport and they're selling free porn."

Then he hung up, but not before we heard Brendon yell out:"Damn you! Get me so-"

We all burst out laughing when Jon entered the car with a confused expression written on his face.
"I didn't think I was that funny."

I looked at him then said, "What are you talking about?"

"You are very confusing lovely Lexi. Especially in bed."

"Oh god Jon," I said starting to blush. I put my hands to my face hoping no one would really look at me.

"Wait, did you guys really do it? I thought, Lexi, you said you both didn't do it." Dan and his stupid questions got all eyes on me. Jon looked shocked, and Shannon looked pissed.

"What are you talking about," I laughed trying to get rid of some of the tension. "Why would you doubt what comes from your best friend's mouth?"

"I don-"

"I see how it is. You don't trust me do you?"

"I ne-"

"Nope, there's nothing you can do now. You just messed up our used to be friendship." All the color was drained for Dan face, he was lost for words. I mean, what could you really say to that? We got to a red light and I turned and looked at Dan with the most serious look on my face. Which turned into a wide ass grin. He looked at me and instantly grew red.

"You jerk! I thought you were serious!"

"And I can't believe you all fell for that. Priceless," We all laughed for what seemed like forever until we met the rest of the guys back in Brendon, Ryan, and I's hotel room.

"Pete, Spence, and Brendon, this is my good friend Jon Walker. Jon, this is Pete, Spence, and Brendon." I introduced Jon to the rest of the guys.

"How good of a friend?" Dan asked bringing up the subject once again.

"Dan will you ever give it a rest?" Ingrid asked.

"Never! Did you, or did you not sleep with Jon?" All eyes were on me once again. Oh boy did I hate this.

"I told you I didn't!"

"Well, I don't believe you."

"Then why'd you ask?"

"To see if you'd tell me the truth."

"And I did!"

"Dude, Dan leave her alone. It is the truth." Jon finally spoke up.

"And he finally speaks!" Shannon said not too happily. We all looked at her, and then I turned to Dan with an "I told you so" look.

"AW!" Dan let out.

"What?"

"That means our little Lexi is still a virgin!"

I turned deep red, "Oh god."

I left the room to go somewhere away from Dan and his random unnecessary outbursts. I went down near the lobby and not long after I arrived two arms wrapped around my waist. I turned and looked Ryan in the eyes. I saw nothing but affection in his eyes. He closed the gap between us with a sweet kiss, and once we parted he brought me into a hug. He had to be sensing I had a bad day I guess. We went back up to the room hand in hand saying nothing.

It wasn't an awkward silence; more like a no word could define how happy I'm feeling right now silence.
We got to the room and talked for a while, mostly about random things doing whatever to get to know each other better. I found we don't have as much in common as we had hoped to have. Let's just hope that doesn't interfere with our relationship, because I really like him, and by Spencer I've found out he really likes me too.