Make A Name For Yourself

Chapter 61

"Has anyone seen Ryan?" I asked our table.

"Has anyone seen Chelsea?" Brendon asked after me.

"I'm sorry Brendon, but I believe my lost person is more important."

He shook his head and I mimicked him. He laughed and put an arm around my shoulders. I asked our table once more in they had seen Ryan anywhere. I finally got an answer from Spencer saying Ryan has a phone call and went to answer it. I thanked Spence and walked off with Brendon. We decided to look for our missing people together.

As we searched I tried calling Ryan, hoping he would pick up the phone. Brendon found no reason to call Chelsea. I asked him why, but he gave me no answer. We kept looking in silence. The only noise that could be heard was of the crowds around us. I decided to break the silence.

"So are things getting serious between Che-?"

"No, no."

"Oh…" I continued looking around the room as our conversation became nothing. I dialed Ryan's number for the last time. After that I was going to give up calling him. The phone rang a few times before I finally got an answer.

"Hello?"

"Ryan?"

"Oh hi, I can't talk right now."

"Where are you?"

"I'll see you soon, bye."

"Love yo-" The phone call disconnected before I could finish. I looked at Brendon, and he was looking at his phone. I fought back any girlish tears.
"What's up Brendon?"

"Jon just texted me saying he saw Chelsea leave with some guy."

"Oh Brendon I'm sorry."

"It's alright, like I said earlier, it was serious or anything. Have you heard anything from Ryan?"

"Yes, he's busy." I said shortly.

"Doing what?"

"I don't know." I walked away and Brendon followed.

"Where are we going?"

"I need to get some air."

"Can I come with?"

"Yeah that's fine Brendon. I would prefer if you were with me." I smiled at him. He smiled back and walked closer to me.

We were close to the doors when I noticed someone from the corner of my eye. I turned my head and noticed Ryan standing a corner of the room. He was talking to someone, but I couldn't tell who. I grabbed Brendon's hand to stop him from walking. I pointed Ryan, and Brendon and I looked at him. We walked slowly closer to them. We could soon see he was talking to a petite blonde, and I instantly recognized her as one of the dancers from earlier.

Then both Brendon and I watched what happened next. We were only a few feet away from them, and I could see everything clearly. Ryan leaned in and kissed the girl. She kissed back and I could feel my heart shattering. I watched as his arms wrapped around her, and she smiled. The image burned into my mind, into my memory.

"Lexi," I heard Brendon speak softly, but loud enough for the pair to hear. Ryan broke away from the girl and looked towards us.

"You said…"I trailed off.

"Alexis, I can explain." I could feel fire burst throughout me.

"Explain what?" I yelled. Ryan stepped towards me reaching for my hands.
"Fuck off!" I screeched and pulled away. I turned away from the three and ran from the building. I made it to the street and called for a taxi. One pulled up only seconds later, and I got in as I heard Brendon calling for me.