Make A Name For Yourself

Chapter 64

My eyes opened. The bright light that greeted me burned my retinas. I quickly had my eyes shut, and I groaned out in annoyance. You would think they would paint the walls black for people like me. I opened them again. I was hooked up to machines, I had IV's in, and I didn't want to know what I looked like. The door opened and someone walked in. He had a cup of coffee in his hands. He was gorgeous. He noticed me awake and instantly smiled. He had to have been in the wrong room. I didn't know who he was.

"Lex, you're awake." He knew my name.
"How are you feeling?" I looked at him confused.
"Let me go and get the doctor. I'll be right back." He left and then re-entered with a doctor.

"Well Miss Adams it's nice to see you awake." I nodded my head at him. He continued to talk as he checked different things.
"How are you feeling?"

"Good, I guess."

"All your friends have been worried sick. This guy has been sitting here the whole time."

"Who?" The doctor pointed to the guy with the gorgeous eyes. I looked at both of them without words. I didn't know him. The guy furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why can't she remember me?" He asked the doctor.

"The memory loss could easily be because of the crash."

"How much has she forgotten?"

"Do you know her well?"

"Yeah."

"Ask her some questions. Then we'll know." The guy looked at me with a forced smile.

"What's your name?"

"Alexis."

"Do you have any siblings?"

"Yeah."

"Name?"

"Shannon."

"How old are you?"

"Nineteen."

"Where do you live?"

"Chicago, Illinois."

"Where are you now?"

"Chicago." He frowned.

"What day is it?" I shook my head at him.
"What month is it?"

"June." He sat back in his seat.

"I'm done." He left the room in near tears. I sat wondering what I did wrong. The door opened and Jon, Dan, and others I didn't know entered the room.

"Oh Lexi," Jon said and hugged me as soft as possible.
"We're so glad you're okay."

"Who are they?" I asked.

Dan looked at them and said, "The doctor said she may or may not remember you guys. We also don't know when or how she'll get her memory back."

"Lex, these amazing dudes are Spencer and Brendon. Also I'm not sure if you'll remember him, but Pete will be here in like thirty seconds."

"Pete Wentz?"

"Yeah."

"It's nice to meet you two." I told Spencer and Brendon. Brendon's eyes were bloodshot, and he obviously had been crying. I gave him a weak smile. There was a knock on the door, it opened, and Pete walked in.
"Hey Peter Panda," I smiled at him.

He smiled too and gave me a hug.

"How are you doing?"

"I'm good."

He looked at Jon and Dan and said, "We have to tell her."

"What?" I asked.

"Lexi baby," Pete started.
"It's September. We just got off tour. You were coming back from the VMA's and got into an accident."

"No, that's not possible." I shook my head in disbelief.
"We haven't even finished our album."

"It was released last month." Pete told me handing me the album. The artwork looked familiar. I opened the case and looked through the booklet. I looked at the people I thanked and noticed a name of someone I did not know.

"Who's Ryan?"