Make A Name For Yourself

Chapter 66

"Do you know what really bugs me Brendon?"

"What Lexi?" He laughed. Ever since I woke up we have been talking nonstop with each other.

"Everything I can't remember."

"I'm sure you'll remember soon."

"Usually in movies there's a person that makes the person remember everything or a story. Like in the notebook, she remembered everything after hearing the story."

"Too bad this isn't the Notebook." Brendon laughed.

"Thanks for being here. You're really cool."

"We were great friends before you got into the accident." He told me.

"I believe that." There was a knock on the door. Ryan opened it and smiled.
"Hey Ryan."

"I brought someone here for you to meet."

"Who?" Brendon looked out the door and saw someone. He furrowed his brows.

"Do you think this is smart?" Brendon asked Ryan.

"Yeah, her name is Keltie." The name sounded familiar. He opened the door all the way, and a thin girl came in. She was pretty, I guess you could say.

"Hey, I'm Alexis."

"Nice to meet you Alexis," She grabbed Ryan's hand. They were dating. It was obvious by the way he looked at her. She looked at him, stood on her toes, and she kissed him.

It was at the instant that the past came flying back into my memory. I could see everything so clearly.

I turned my head and noticed Ryan standing a corner of the room. He was talking to someone, but I couldn't tell who. I grabbed Brendon's hand to stop him from walking. I pointed Ryan, and Brendon and I looked at him. We walked slowly closer to them. We could soon see he was talking to a petite blonde, and I instantly recognized her as one of the dancers from earlier.

Then both Brendon and I watched what happened next. We were only a few feet away from them, and I could see everything clearly. Ryan leaned in and kissed the girl. She kissed back and I could feel my heart shattering. I watched as his arms wrapped around her, and she smiled. The image burned into my mind, into my memory.

"Lexi," I heard Brendon speak softly, but loud enough for the pair to hear. Ryan broke away from the girl and looked towards us.

"You said…"I trailed off.

"Alexis, I can explain." I could feel fire burst throughout me.

"Explain what?" I yelled. Ryan stepped towards me reaching for my hands.
"Fuck off!" I screeched and pulled away.


I remembered.

"Brendon," I whispered softly.

"What is it?" He asked grabbing my hand.

"He cheated on me."

"What?"

"I remember now. I remember everything." I said tears forming in my eyes. I looked at Brendon as his eyes held concern.

"Are you alright?"

"I just want to go home. Can you ask them to leave?" He nodded his head and stood up. He whispered into Ryan's ear. Keltie left the room, and Ryan walked up beside me. He leaned down and gave me a hug.

He whispered in my ear, "I'm sorry."

I nodded, and he left the room. I would be out of the hospital the next day, and I would be on my way to Chicago. Brendon let me sleep, and so I laid on my side and went to bed.

I woke up in the middle of the night wishing there was someone here for me. I was lonely. Remembering everything kind of put me under a depression. I wasn't happy anymore. I needed to get away from the fame for a little while. I went back to bed, and this time I didn't wake up until I was ready to be discharged.