Make A Name For Yourself

Chapter 67

I stepped off the plane with Dan. He flew out and stayed in New York until I was better. He was a true friend, and that's why I am moving in with him. I would move in with Jon, but he was always going to be out of town with Panic. I wanted someone to talk with. We got into his car that he had parked at the airport.

We listened to the radio as we drove home. Ingrid and Shannon had done the kind task of moving some of my things to Dan's house while I was at the hospital. We parked in the apartment complex's parking lot. He opened the front door and led me to his apartment. He was such a good friend, but I had only been to his place in a total of three times. Not to mention it was months ago I had been there.

Inside his place looked pretty neat. There weren't any clothes on his floor. The place even smelt clean. I didn't know Dan was such a clean freak. He showed me to my new room.

"Here ya go." He opened the door. The walls were white and plain. There was a queen sized bed against the wall, and a small TV on top of the dresser. There was a DVD player hooked up to the TV. There was also a small closet. The room was perfect. I looked at Dan and smiled.

"Thanks so much for letting me stay here."

"Not a problem Lexi. You had to get out of your parent's house sooner or later." He laughed.

"That's true."

"I'm going to order pizza. Is there anything special you want?"

"Nah, whatever you get is fine."

He nodded, and he left me alone in my new room to get situated. I unpacked all my clothes and put some in the dresser, and put some in the closet. I found a Terminator 2 DVD and put it in the DVD player. I watched it as I unpacked everything. There was only one last box when the movie ended. I couldn't unpack it just yet. I needed to get a bookshelf pronto.

I left the room and went to the bathroom. After that I went to the living room where Dan was with the pizza. It still looked like it was piping hot.

"Did it just get here?" I asked. He had told me he was ordering pizza almost two hours ago.

"Well, I didn't order it right away. I knew you wouldn't be done with your room soon." He smiled.

"Aw, thanks." I grabbed a piece and sat down with him. We watched old episodes of Wild Boyz. It felt good to be back in Chicago. There was a knock on the door, and I got up to get it. I opened the door, and my adorable dog attacked me with kisses.
"I have missed you baby! I was wondering when you were coming!" I hugged him. I looked up at Shannon with all his stuff.
"Hey there," I smiled at her.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

"I'm feeling as good as new." We walked into the living room. I brought all of Choi's stuff into my room. I turned to leave and saw Shannon there.

"I'm sorry I didn't come out to New York when you were in the hospital."

"It's alright. Don't worry about it."

"I feel like I should have been there. I am your twin sister."

"It's fine. It's hard to get halfway across the country." She still looked upset.
"Don't worry about it. I mean it. I love you Shannon."

"I love you too Lex."