Make A Name For Yourself

Chapter 70

I had given the cab driver in Nevada the address to the cabin. It wasn't very late by the time I got there, and that was probably because of the four hour time difference. Hopefully they would be around there. Hopefully they wouldn't be in town or something.

When they decide to seclude themselves from the rest of the world, they did a good job at doing it. I would have never guessed they would be here in the middle of nowhere. Anticipation bubbled in my stomach as the cab driver told me we were getting closer.

When we finally got there I got out of the cab, and the driver got my stuff from the trunk. I asked him how much it would be, and he told me the amount of money that was due. I gave him the cash and a tip too. I grabbed the handles of my suitcases and took a deep breath as the cab drove off. One step at a time I walked up to the front door. I dropped my luggage on each side of me. I brought my fist to the door ready to knock. I was very nervous. Would they reject me being here and send me away? I sucked it up and knocked on the door.

I waited for a few minutes before I knocked again. I was afraid they weren't home. If they weren't home I wouldn’t know what to do. I could wait on the doorstep, but how long would they be gone? I knocked again, and Jon appeared at the door. He face broke out into a smile before he opened the door.

"Lex! What are you doing here?" He asked bringing me into a hug.

"I missed you all." He brought me inside, and all the guys were in the living room. They all noticed me and smiled.

"What are you doing here?" Spencer asked.

"I needed to see you all." I smiled and gave each one of them a hug. Ryan and Brendon's hug was stiff. I didn't like that and I needed to talk to both of them.
"Ryan, can I talk to you?" I wanted to talk to him first. He agreed and we went into a separate room.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked me.

"I just wanted to let you know that I don't care anymore about what you did. I don't want things to be awkward between us. You're a great friend, and I want it to stay like that."

"You mean you're not mad about Keltie?"

"I don't care anymore. What's done is done. Sure I would have preferred if you had not cheated on me, but I can't change the past." He smiled at me, and brought me into a hug. It was the kind of hug I had wanted in the first place.

"You're the best Lex."

"You better not screw things up with her." I joked and hit his arm. He play pouted, and we left the room. I just needed to talk to Brendon. I wasn't sure if I was ready yet though. I'm thinking I will wait until a little later.

They were all about to start dinner when I asked, "Where am I going to be sleeping?"

"The only room that has an open bed is Brendon's room." Spencer informed me. My stomach dropped. I guess I was going to have to talk to him sooner than planned. I believe the only reason I was afraid to talk to him was because the possibility of rejection. I deserved it if I got it.

"Could you show me where it is so I can put my stuff in there?"

"Brendon can. Brendon, show Lex where your room is so she can put her stuff in there." He looked up at us. He looked like he was having a battle inside his head. After a long pause he got up.

"Sure, come this way." He led me through the house, and he turned into a room.
"This is the room. Your bed is right there."

"Thanks," He nodded and left. I felt sick to my stomach. I don't think he loved me anymore.