Make A Name For Yourself

Chapter 71

After dinner, Spencer, Ryan, and Jon insisted on me listening to some of their new stuff. They drug me down to the basement, and they all set up. Brendon looked unhappy with what he was about to do. He probably wanted to be anywhere but here.

Ryan signaled that he was ready, Spencer did too, and also Jon. Brendon cleared his throat and forced a smile. The boys started playing their instruments. I liked their new sound, but I was blown away when Brendon started singing.

The song finished, and I couldn't stop smiling. They played me a few more songs, and they were all so good. I clapped after every song. They all started getting goofy, and Brendon sung the theme song to Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. I laughed, and they kept it going.

It was nearly three in the morning when we had decided to finish. I stayed down in the basement and played around with Ryan's acoustic guitar. I was trying to think of new music. Seeing the boys play made we want to get back out there and release something new. Our first album had been doing great since it was released. It was doing better than expected.

With no luck of coming up with a new song that night I started playing old songs I knew and loved. I started playing Creep by Radiohead and sung it.

"But I'm a creep; I'm a weird-o." I stopped and laughed.

"I wouldn't say you're a creep, but you are a weird-o." I turned around and saw Brendon standing by the stairs.

"What are you doing down here?" I asked.
"I thought you would be sleeping."

"I couldn't. I haven't been able to get to sleep lately." I put Ryan's guitar away as Brendon watched me. We both walked to his room together. We entered the room. I wasn't ever very good with words, but I knew it was now or never. He went to turn off the lights, but I stopped him.

"Brendon," I said quickly.

His head snapped up, and he was about to ask me what was wrong when I jumped from my bed, wrapped my arms around his neck, and brought him in for a kiss. I pushed him against the wall, and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I pulled away and saw he was smiling.

"Brendon, I think I love you too." He picked me up and brought me to his bed. He laid me down and went in for another kiss. I played with the bottom of his shirt and tried getting it off. He pulled away only to get his shirt off. He ran his hands up my shirt, and the feeling of his hands on me felt great. I felt tingles throughout my whole body.

"Alexis, I love you too." I he told me, and I felt great.