Make A Name For Yourself

Chapter 75

"Brendon, I'll only be gone for a few weeks maybe." I said to the phone. He had called me the second I got off the plane. I had to work with my band. We were planning on getting another album out this year. I fumbled with my keys and found the one to Dan's apartment.

"I miss you already."

"I have to go. I'll call you soon."

"Love you."

"Love you too." I opened the door and the whole apartment was dark. I walked into the living room and turned on the lights. There was a mob of people in the kitchen and they all screamed out 'SURPRISE!'. I stumbled back with a big grin.

"Welcome home Alexis Adams!" Andy Hurley said.

"Is this really for me?"

"Yes it is. We used the good surprise on you." Dan grinned.

"Thanks everyone!" I was near tears. They were tears of happiness. They had ordered pizza, and they had gotten a 'welcome home' cake. There were streamers and balloons everywhere. It was wonderful.

As everyone got pizza music began blasting throughout the apartment. I had just finished my first slice when Shannon walked towards me and put her arm around my shoulders. She had a proud smile on her face.

"I'm glad you did it."

"Went to Nevada?"

"Everyone knew that you two were perfect for each other."

"Thanks. How about we start recording?"

"Another album?" She asked.

"Yeah, like soon." Shannon searched the crowd of familiar faces and found Pete. She motioned for him to come over by us.

"Alexis is ready for another album." She told him. His eyes brightened up and he nodded.

"When?"

"I have all the songs written. I can show them. I have chords and stuff too."

"You were working your ass off out there weren't you?" He asked me.

"Yes I was." I smiled.

"Yeah, when she wasn't banging her boy toy," Dan piped in. I slapped his arm and he fake pouted.

"We can get you guys in the studio next week." My eyes widened in excitement.

"That would be amazing Pete."

"But the studio's in Vegas."

"I would love to go to Vegas!" Shannon cheered. Pete smiled and stood up on one of Dan's dining room table's chair.

"Everyone, I have an announcement." Pete yelled getting everyone's attention.
"The band Forever and Ever will be heading into the studio next week to begin working on their sophomore album." Everyone began clapping and cheering. Pete looked down at me and smiled.