Make A Name For Yourself

Chapter 78

"Brendon come with me." I told him grabbing his hand.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I want you to do something for me."

"If it's killing a spider or something, you don't need to be spazzing out like a little freak." I stopped walking and stared at him.
"It's not nice to stare."

I lightly hit him and started dragging him to where I had originally wanted to bring him. I walked through the doors to my studio, and no one was in there. Perfect. I sat down in the chair in front of all the gadgets and such. Brendon sat in front of me in his own chair.

"What's up?" He asked me.

"We're recording a song."

"What?"

"You know that song we wrote back in the cabin?"

"Yeah, I remember. It has to be the best song of all time." He smiled.

"I want you to do guest vocals on it." I smiled.

"You do?"

"Of course, there's no one better for the part than the person who helped me write it in the first place." He grabbed my hand and smiled. He leaned in and kissed me passionately. With my other hand I brought it to his shoulder. He left go of my hand and wrapped both his hands around me. I brought my other hand to his other shoulder. I pulled away and smiled.
"Come on, let's record."

"Why now?" He whined.

"This is the best time to do it." I smiled.

"It's midnight." He looked at his phone.
"Correction, it's 1:30."

"Oh boo hoo." I dragged him into the studio, and we began working.

Even though he was complaining earlier, he looked like he was having fun. I was having fun too. The song was a fun song, and we nearly had as much fun recording it as we did when we were writing it. I was currently sitting on the other side of the glass as Brendon recorded his guitar part. I smiled at him the whole time, and he had a smile on the whole time.

We were now both sitting and listening to the track. Once it finished I sat back in my chair. I looked at Brendon and smiled.

"I love it." I told him.

"I love you." He stood up and faced me. He got down on one knee. I felt my stomach do flips as my mind predicted what was going to happen next.
"Alexis Lynn Adams, we had a bumpy start. As time passed though, we were the best of friends. You were always there for me, and you showed me so much. I've loved you for so long. When you were with Ryan and I was with Audrey I couldn't help but think of you. You are always on my mind. I never want to lose you. Alexis, will you marry me?"

He had a small velvet box in his hand. He opened it and inside there was a gorgeous ring. I nodded my head. I couldn't find the one word. I was too overcome with happiness. He immediately pressed his lips to mine as he slid the ring on my finger. It fit perfect. He pulled away and pulled me up. Our lips met again, and I wrapped my arms around his neck to pull him in closer.

He pulled away and whispered, "Let's go home."

I smiled and nodded my head. We burned a copy of the song onto a disc and left the studio. We were outside his apartment, and he was having trouble finding his keys.

"Did you leave them at the studio?" I asked.

"I had them with me I swear."

"Only you would have two separate key rings for your apartment key and your car key."

We went back down to his car, and we searched the vehicle inside and out. His keys weren't inside. I checked my cell phone for the time. It was almost five o'clock. We got back into his car. We drove back to the studio, and the sun was nearly up. We managed to get inside, and we found his apartment keys lying on the chair he was sitting in.

"Nice one Urie." I joked.

"What time is it?" He asked.

"It's almost six. There's no point in going home now."

"Why's that?" He asked wrapping his arms around my waist."

"Everyone's coming at seven to finish stuff up."

"Well I'm sorry for being a complete idiot and leaving the keys here."

"Don't worry about it."

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked. I laughed and looked into his eyes.

"How about," I stopped and looked my engagement ring.

"Let's talk about the wedding that we have yet to plan." He smiled. He read my mind.

"What kind of wedding do you want?"

"Well, I've been thinking about it."

"You're such a girl." I joked.

"Shut up," He smiled.
"I was thinking we could do something small."

"Like a secret wedding?"

"Like an elopement." I looked at him confused.

"Like really small." I laughed.
"Are you serious?"

"It was just an idea. If you want a nice big wedding-"

"I don't care how the wedding is. We could get married at one of those drive thru wedding places for all I care."

"Really?"

"Well not the drive thru ones. As long as it means we're getting married I don't care." He smiled.
"Let's do the elopement thing."

"Are you sure it's alright with you."

"It's perfectly fine with me. I would rather have a super small wedding that a big one anyways."

"When do you want to get married?" He asked.

"Soon."

"Next month?"

"Let's do it."