Rosary Tucked Inside Her Lingerie

Chapter Seventeen

@Brendon's House [6:oo, saturday]@

me and Brendon were in his room watching Battle Royale. some japanese movie about a class of 9th graders trapped on a derserted island and have to kill eachother.
watching Nanahara protect Norkiko from their classmates made me think of Brendon. will he protect me? from who? my stepdad? Brent? is he willing to kill someone for me? okay maybe thats stretching it, but you get my point.
"Candy?" Brendon looked down at me.
"yeppers?"
"wanna get a smoothie?"
"um okay."
"alright. after the movie."

@after movie. [8:3o]@

"to the Smoothie Hut! and onward!" Brendon laughed as we walked to the hut of smoothies.
"Brendon ..." i said.
"yahuh?"
"i wanna banana smoothie."
"heh alright."

jumping in time! Feburary 6th.

@Spence's basement. 5:oopm.@
"wheres Liana and Brendon?" Ryan asked.
"dunno." i shrugged.
"what?! you left those two alone?!" Karina yelped. gawd i so hate her and her preppy-nesss and bitcharella attitude.
"so?" Spence said.
"they could be doing anything! drinking! smoking! or cheat---"
"or right here. whats makes you think we are doing all that?!" Liana narrowed her eyes at Karina.
"well have you seen your friends? you know those druggies who sit in front of the candy store?" Karina snapped.
"so?! leave my friends outta this!"
"birds of a feather flock together!" Karina jeered.
Liana was shaking. she looked like she was about to rip Karina's spleen.
"i. am. gonna---"
"gonna what? slit your wrists? please stop the helpless emo girl act. its pathetic." Karina sneered.
"wait, what?" Spence said.
"come off it everyone knew! just like everyone knows the only reason Spencer is dating you because he feels sorry. i bet if it wasnt Kacey, he wouldnt even know you existed." Karina smirked.
oh thats so uncalled for. Liana stopped shaking. if it was a good thing or a bad one, i didnt know.
"fine!" Liana spun on her heel and started out the door.
"wait Liana!" Spence started after.
"get away Spencer" and she left.

next day lunch.

"but why is she mad at me?" Spence asked.
"because you didnt defend her. she feels like what Karina said is true---" Kacey started.
"but it's not!" Spence cried.
"i know. i know. but she doesnt." Kacey shook him.
"and now she wont even talk to me." he sighed.
"sorry Spence." Brendon said.
"yea sorry." Ryan sighed.
"my question is: why did Karina flip on Liana?" i asked.
"dunno. maybe Liana had some blackity-blackmail on Karina." Brendon shrugged.
"like what?" Ryan asked.
"dunno." Kacey said.
"ill be right back. bathroomness." i said. baby's pushing on my effin bladder.
i walked into the girls and saw Liana.
"LIANA!" i smiled.
she looked at me and then back to the mirror.
"+sigh+ stop the bitch look, Karina does it better." i joked. she gave me a look. "hey, come on you know i hate Karina as much as you do."
"then why did noone say anything?! not you, not Kacey, and not Spencer!" Liana looked back at the mirror.
"we were all just letting you two agrue it out. i never really butt into others battles." i put a hand on her shoulder. "and by the by, Karina's was just trying to piss you off. whatcha got on her?"
"... really wanna know?" Liana asked.
oy vey she does got dirt! "yes! yes!"
"okay i saw Karina cheat on Ryan." she whispered.
"what?!" i yelped.
"shh and theres more ... with" she made sure everything was clear "BRENT!"