Take A Sad Song and Make It Better

It's not my fault!

[Alanna's POV]

I sat at the table while Jac and Travis went to get drinks. Matt was eying me from across the table. I coughed.

"I'm, uh, going to the bathroom." I mumbled, getting up.

I limped slowly to the ladies room. Once inside, I sighed with relief. I checked underneath the stalls to make sure no one was in here.

"What am I suppose to do." I said to myself, fixing my hair in the mirror.

"Can't just blow him off cause Jac told him I like him and I don't, I sorta like Der..and Ah, this is not how I planned for this to happen."

I slammed my fists down in frustration.

I heard the door bang open.

"Alanna?" I heard someone call.

Jac turned the corner.

"Oh, hey." I muttered, turning back to the mirror, pretending fix my make up.

"What are you doing? You've been in here forever."

"Oh just freshening up."

"Oh. Well come on." she grabbed my arm dragging me out of the bathroom and to the dance floor were all the guys were dancing.

I began to enjoy myself until I felt someone slip there hands around my waist. I turned around to see Matt smiling at me. I laughed trying to push him away. In the corner of my eye I could see Derek's shocked expression.

"Ah! I can't do this." I screamed.

I pushed Matt off me, walking out of the club. I pulled out a cigarette lighting it. I sat down on the curb, sighing.

"What a wonderful night this has been."

"Alanna?"

I looked up to see Travis.

"Hey."

He sat down next to me.

"Are you okay?"

"No, I-I'm really.. con-confused."

"About what?"

"Well. For one. Matt likes me and I told Jac that I liked him but I really don't I just didn't want to hurt his feelings. I have feelings for Derek and he saw Matt all over me in the club and I'm just so frustrated I don't know what to do!"

"Well. Maybe if you got to know Matt then you'd like him."

"Yeah, maybe, but what about Derek? I don't want to lead him on."

"I'll take care of him, you just..go fix things okay?"

I nodded.

We both got up, dusting off our pants. I walked up to the table and slid in next to Matt. He looked at me, frowning.

"Matty." I whispered.

"Yeah."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to push you away. It was just kind of sudden."

"It's okay." he said, a small smiled spread across his face.

He grabbed my hand, squeezing it lightly. I bit my lip. I knew what was coming. He leaned towards me.

"Will you..be my girlfriend?" He asked.

I closed my eyes.

"Y-Yes." I replied.

He pulled back, smiling.

"Really?"

I nodded.

He lifted my hand to his face, placing soft kisses on it. I giggled. He pulled me closer to him, I buried my face into his neck.

I got myself into this mess. No way out now. I'll just have to see where this takes me.
♠ ♠ ♠
No one reads this story I pretty much write it to keep me sane while I wait for Derek to update. But until then they'll be no updates on any story but this one. Sorry. :(