You Could Be a Princess, You Could Be a Working Man

3

Kacey came over and we went outside. My backyard had one of those chair swing things. We plopped on that and talked about stuff.
"So, be jealous. Guess who got the locker next to me," I smirked.
"Um, Benji?"
"Ha! No i wish. Guess again."
"Um ..."
"BILLY!" I screamed his name out. She started to laugh uncontrollably.
"So? Guess who's my lab partener?" she smirked.
"Who? Benji?!" I jumped!
"No, but close. Joel."
"Joe-Joel?! So ... how is he?"
"Really nice actually. And funny. Nicer than Benji, you should go googoo over him."
"No, there's something about Benji ..."
"Kids! I have Lemonade and nachos!" my mom called from inside. We went in and enjoyed a lovey snacks.

Benji POV

"Skipping?! Again?! On the first day of school?! Come on guys!" My mom yelled. We got caught cutting. By Josh.
"But moooooooooooom ..." Joel started.
Our mom narrowed her eyes at him. "You guys know it's hard to get a job without a college diploma, but its impossible without a high school education. Do you always want to be living like this?" she pointed to our small house, with the little food.
"Poor?" Our little sister, Sarah, walked in.
My mom just shook her head. "Benji, I'm taking your guitar away until you get your grades up and stop cutting. And Joel?---"
"She's taking your hair products away!" Our brother Josh laughed from the other room.
"No, Benj's the one with the hair fasicination." Joel laughed.
"Joel? I'm taking away your cds, cd player, and any other source of music," our my mom. "Now room, both of you!"

in their room.

"I can't believe this!" I said. My guitar was my lifeblood.
"Wow, there's more to life than music." Sarah said, her feet dangling off Joel's bed.
"Maybe for you. But us---" I started.
"Benji? You want your guitar back right?" Joel cut me off.
"Yepp."
"And you need good grades, right?"
"What you getting at Joel?"
"Well my new lab partener, Alica---"
"Alica? Like Kacey Alica? Like rich girl Roseanna friend Alica?"
"Yes Benji," he rolled his eyes. "Anyway, she says that Roseanna---"
"Oh! No way! I'm not letting Rich girl tutor me!" I waved my hands infront of my face.
"You want your guitar back by first term?" Joel raised an eyebrow.
"... Yea but come oooooooooon," I whined.
"Then you need her to tutor you. And fast."
I sighed and plopped on my bed. Not fair.

next day My POV

I got to school pretty early, so I decided to go to my locker.
By my locker, I saw some guys picking on Billy. Ramon was one of them.
"Hey Freshman," Chris sneered.
"Know what we do to freshman?" Ramon smirked.
"I'm guessing it's not the greatest thing, is it?" Billy shrugged.
"DOn't be smart!" Reggie snapped, grabbing Billy by the collar of his shirt. Billy flinched.
"Hey guys!" I piped up. Everyone turned to me.
"Hey Roe, we're kinda busy," Ramon said.
"Guys put him down," I said.
"Why?" Chris asked.
"Yea, what's he to you?" Reggie added.
"He's my friend so put him down," I said. They all gave me looks, even Billy.
"... Fine. Go freshman," Reggie put Billy down. He, Chris, and Ramon left.
"Um thanks Roe. Why did you help me?" he asked.
"Cause, I'm a nicer person!" I smiled alittle goofy.
He laughed. "Thanks."
"BILLY!!!" a girl ran to him.
"Hey Linzi. Wassup?" he said.
"Outside. PaulBenjiJoel. Vandalism!!!!!!" she gasp-laughed. "Come on!" She grabbed his arm, and he grabbed mine.

outside Benji POV

I finished my design on the car. Mr. Waterbuckets' car to be exact. I smiled at my work. I signed it "Kid Vicious".
"Done," Joel aka Sickboy grinned.
"I think I'm done," Paul shrugged. He couldn't sign his artwork since his nickname would give him away.
"Wow," I heard Billy say.
"Coo-cool guys," Rich girl Roseanna said shakingly.
"Scared Rich girl?" I smirked.
"No! But you guys should be?" she said.
"Why? Come on guys, we're gonna be late for first period," Paul said.

1st period

"Haha, so you need Rich girl to tutor you," Paul teased.
"Yea yea," I looked to where Roseanna was sitting. She was in the front. I sighed My luck, I gotta be tutored by Rich girl.
[{End-o-period}]
Err, now or never. "Rich gi---I mean Roseanna!" I called her when the bell rang.
"Umm ... h-hi Benji," she said.
"Look, my mom said I have to pick up my grades and i heard you're pretty smart. So ...?" I said. I'm so gonna regret this.
"I'll tutor you!" she smiled.
"Alright, I'll be at your hous at 5:oo,okay?"
"okay!