You Only Get One Shot

Dream Job, Dream Girl

There it was, the entrance to my dream. The entrance to Hollywood records. I had sent in my demo a few months back and they finally replied back with a contract offering. I took the offer and now here I was standing in front of my new work place. How amazing is that!

“Hello, I’m Jessica.” I looked the lady in the front desk.

She flipped through some papers and smiled up at me. “You go to recording studio. Take a left at the end of the hall, and you’re in room 3”

“Thank you so much.” I made my way to the end of the hall and turned left looking for room 3.

“Hi there, you must be Jessica.” A man with blondish hair greeted me.

“Yeah, how you doing.” I shook his hand and set my things down.

“I’m Jake, your tech for the day.”

“Oh okay” I looked around at all the equipment.

“The record label arranged you with some pritty good producers, there gonna be running a little late but they said to warm up and start.” He fixed something’s on the sound as I got in the booth.

I handed Jake my demo CD. “Track 9 please.” I did some practice war scales.

“When you’re ready.” Jake said trough the speaker. I smiled up at him and gave him a thumbs up.

The music started playing and I was ready to start.

Knew where I was going when you left the room
You're the kinda guy who makes wanna follow through, do you
I've been trying to leave here for the longest time
The second that I saw you I just knew I found my ride, bye


I looked up and couldn’t believe my eyes. The Jonas Brothers were right in front of me. I noticed Nick looking at me and then whispered to his brothers.

I like it, I like it, I like it
I like it, I like it, I like it

I wanna crash, I wanna fall
I wanna be somewhere in the middle
Somewhere in the middle of something
It's better than nothing
I just need a little, I just need a little
And I don't wanna be nowhere
Something's making me go there
Somewhere in the middle with you

I like it, I like it, I like it
And I like it, I like it, I like it


I looked intently at Nick as I sang my heart out. I knew who they were, I mean who doesn’t and I have to admit I did have a crush on Nick Jonas.

Losing my direction, that's the way it should be
Feeling a connection when you're standing next to me
I wanna be rolling, I just wanna be rolling with you

All of the things you say
I like it, I like it
Taking me far away
And I like it

I wanna crash, I wanna fall
I wanna be somewhere in the middle
Somewhere in the middle of something
It's better than nothing
I just need a little, I just need a little
And I don't wanna be nowhere
Something's making me go there
Somewhere in the middle with you


Nick was looking at me and I felt butterflies in my stomach. He smiled at me and I felt my face go red. I wonder what there doing here?

Maybe you'll save me
You're gonna take me from this
Crazy I've been craving
Cause I just need a little
I just need a little
Somewhere in the middle with you

Crash, I wanna fall
I wanna be somewhere in the middle
Somewhere in the middle of something
It's better than nothing
I just need a little, I just need a little
And I don't wanna be nowhere
Something's making me go there
Somewhere in the middle with you

Crash, fall
I like it, I like it
Somewhere in the middle with you

Crash, fall
I like it, I like it
Somewhere in the middle with you
Middle with you


The song ended and I took the headphones off. I was picking up my papers when I heard the speaker click. I looked up a little and noticed Nick sitting with his back to me. I looked away quickly.

“She’s beautiful.” Nick's angelic voice ran from the speakers, I didn’t look up I couldn’t.

“Is she who where working with?” Joe asked

“I think her name is Jessica,” Kevin said as he walked over to some papers and lifted them up.

They were my producers? God really does love me! I laughed to myself as I realized that Nick was sitting on the speaker button.

“Guys she’s the girl from my dream!” Nick suddenly shouted. I was still in shock of them being my producers. Could he be talking about me?

“What are you talking about?” Kevin asked giving him a puzzled look.

“The voice the hair everything’s the same. I just couldn’t see her face, but I’m sure its her, it has to be.” Nick looked over his shoulders. I looked up and meet his gaze.

I decided enough was enough. I got up and walked into the room. The boys didn’t say anything as I walked in. I smiled at them and walked up to Nick. I smirked as I realized he stopped breathing.

“Nick,” I said sweetly

“Y-yeah?” He looked at me and I smiled.

“You’re sitting on the speaker button.” He turned red and looked up.

Sure enough the light was on. Kevin and Joe busted out into fits of laughter. I smiled at Nick who just looked embarrassed.

“I’m Jessica…The girl of you dreams.” I whispered the last part and smiled at him and he smirked up at me.

“Well, would my dream girl like to come on a date with me, tonight at 7?” he asked and smiled.

“It would be a dream come true.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if it sucks! *Hides behind pillow* "Dont hate me!"
For Jessica