You Only Get One Shot

Cup Of Love

It was a cloudy day, like most days in London, as Julia Renee Barker made her way off the tour bus. Yes as in Travis Barker -Drummer for Blink 182- Barker

Blink had recently reunited and were on tour to promote their new music. Julia had recently turned 21 and decided to tagged along with her older cousin as a sort of gift from him to her. She was the only child in her family and always looked up to Travis as an older brother. Despite the 12 year difference they were very close.

“Guys I’m going on a coffee run!” Julia shouted excitedly as she walked into the venue were the boys were rehearsing their set for the night.

Travis stopped his drumming and looked at his younger cousin. “Can you get me a plain coffee, two cream, and sugar please!”

Julia just nodded her head as she went around taking orders. She had somehow turned into the bands personal assistant in a way, but she didn’t mind at all.

“Be back then!” Julia left the venue and double checked to see if she had her pass so she could come back into the venue.

She walked down the street in her dark blue skinny jeans, and one of the new Blink shirts. It was black and had the bands new logo on it. A smiley with 6 arrows instead of 5. Her long brown hair was down and it blew gently as a light gust of wind hit in her direction. She smiled at nothing in particular and pushed her thick rimed glasses further up the bridge of her nose. She pulled her iPod out and put it on shuffle. She walked towards Starbucks as Christofer Drew’s angelic voice filled her ears.

Dougie poynter made his way into Starbucks for his daily dose of caffeine. He waited patiently in line for his turn to order. He Tweeted while he waited. Twitter was one of his new addictions, but he wasn’t as far gone as his fellow band mate Tom Fletcher.

“Hello what can I get ya?” The boy asked, making Dougie’s attention leave his mobile for a minute so he could order.

He sat at a table Twittering away waiting for his name to be called. He looked around the Starbucks and noticed it looked kinda dead today. He felt his mobile buzz indicting that he had gotten a new call. He looked at screen as it flashed Judd.

“Hey Harry, what’s up?” Dougie answered his mobile with a smile.

“Hey Dougie, What you up to?”

“Nothin’ just getting some coffee.” He shrugged even thought Harry couldn’t see him

“That’s cool, so anyways I called to see what your up to later?”

“Why? What you got planed?” Dougie asked as he looked up to see if his name was called.

“I scored us some tickets for the Blink gig tonight!” You could hear the excitement in Harry’s voice.

Dougie couldn’t help the smile that was forming on his lips. Blink 182 was one of his favorite bands, he was so happy when they announced their comeback.

“Hell yeah I’m up for it!”

Harry laughed on the other side of the mobile. “Great, the guys and I will pick you up later then, See ya!”

“Okay, see ya later!”

Dougie went back to his mobile, Twittering the Blink news. He never did notice the door chime indicating a new customer had entered the Starbucks.

Julia stepped in to the Starbucks and the smell of coffee filled her nose. She walked up to the counter pausing her music briefly just to place her order. As soon as the boy turned to make her orders she pushed play on her iPod She walked aimlessly to a table. She wasn’t really paying attention to where she was going. She felt her body hit something and then the faint sound of something falling. She pulled the ear piece out of her ears an looked at the boy who she had ran into.

He had the most amazing blue eyes she had ever seen. His blond hair fell delicately over his eyes. She scanned him without realizing it. He had some skater shoes on. His jeans clung tightly to his muscular legs, yet they were lose at the same time. He had a Hurley hoodie on him. He had a shocked expression on his face and Julia soon realized why, He had spilled coffee all over himself.

“Oh my god! I’m so, so sorry!” Julia reached over to the counter and grabbed some napkins dabbing them on his hoodie in attempt to make the coffee come off.

Dougie looked dazed. The girl who had ran into him had the most vibrant green eyes he had ever laid eyes on. He watched her dab the napkin on his torso making a light shade of pink form on both of their face.

“Its fine.” he looked at her and smiled sincerely

“No its not…” She hesitated as she picked up the coffee cup from the floor. “at least let me buy you a new cup” She mumbled as she stared at the empty can in her hand.

Dougie just smiled and looked over the girl, who was only a few inches shorter than he was. She was definitely beautiful. Her Blink 182 shirt caught his attention.

“You like Blink?” He asked her, as soon as the words left his mouth he felt like a complete idiot. Obviously she likes them, why else would she be wearing their shirt. Way to impress Dougie. his inner voice spoke to him.

Julia only blushed and smiled. “Hells yeah!” She said

What a cliché way to meet. They both thought as they smiled at eachother.

“Julia” the boy at the counter called her name. She turned around an retrieved the coffees and lattes. The boy handed her a drink tray and she placed the drinks inside.

She turned around to Dougie. “Now you know my name, what yours?” Julia was never usually this forward, but something about Dougie just made her want to know more about him.

Dougie smirked. “My names Dougie, Dougie Poynter.” He was expecting a scream even a squeal from Julia. He was Dougie Lee Poynter,-Bas player For McFly one of the most well known bands in England- after all.

“Well its nice to meet you.” She smiled at his name. It wasn’t a very common name back in California.

Her phone stated ringing indicating that she got a new text. It was from Travis.

what’s taking so long? The Shows gonna start in a few hours.

“I’m sorry Dougie I Gotta get going, Sorry bout the hoodie. Bye!” Julia rushed out of the Starbucks with her little cup tray full of cups.

Dougie smiled after her. She defiantly was different than all the other girls he had met, and he like it. He watched her run down the street. Then it hit him he never asked for her number. Great…

Julia ran to the venue and stopped at the door. She fished for her pass in her jean pocket. She showed to the guard at the door who only smiled and waived her in. She walked backstage and knocked at the boys dressing room.

“Are you decent? Cause I’m coming in!” Julia shouted as she barged into the room.

“There you are” Travis greeted her as he grabbed his coffee off the tray. “What took you so long?”

“Oh you know I was being clumsy.” Julia sighed.

Travis raised his eyebrow. “What do you mean?”

“I spilled coffee all over a gorgeous boy!” She groaned and shoved her face into a pillow on the couch. “I mean its not like I’m ever gonna see him again right?”

Dougie walked back to his flat with a bitter sweet smile. He had meet an amazing girl that day, but he wasn’t sure if he would ever see her again. He quickly entered his flat and headed strait to the bathroom to take a shower. He knew the guys would be there soon to pick him up for the gig. Then it hit him Julia liked Blink, maybe she would be there tonight.

One hour later they guys picked up Dougie and they headed to the venue. Since they were well known they got to hang out backstage and see the show from the side stage if they wanted. Dougie took the chance to look for Julia. Hope filled his eyes as he scanned the crowed of waiting fans. Blinks opening act had just finished and now it was time for the main event.

Julia wished the band good luck and hugged them before going on stage. She stood at the side stage watching as the crowed cheered when Blink 182 did their big entrance. She subconsciously scanned the crowed looking for those amazing blue eyes. He had said he liked Blink right?

Faith was spinning in both of the their direction. They were a few feet away from eachother the whole night, yet they had not realized it.

McFly made their way to Blink’s Dressing room. “I cant believe we are gonna meet blink!” Danny squealed like a fan girl.

They knocked on the door an exchanged a few words with the band. They talked about touring, the fans, and just overall music. Just then the door burst open drawing all the attention to a smiling Julia.

“You did amazing!” She congratulated the boys on their show.

“Thanks, Oh yeah this is McFly.” Travis introduced the boys who were standing in the room.

She looked them over and couldn’t help the blush from creeping up on her face when her eyes landed on the boy from earlier. “Dougie?”

The McFly boys all soon had a smirk on their faces when they heard Julia call Dougie’s name.

“So is she the Julia you couldn’t stop talking about?” Tom asked Dougie.

Now both Dougie and Julia were blushing. The room got quiet and Julia looked at Travis for help.

“Oh, um hey, you guys wanna come check something out, um over there?” Travis tried, as he pointed outside the room.

Everyone understood what he was getting at and they all agreed in response. Soon they all made it out of the room leaving Dougie and Julia there.

“Hi” Julia smiled shyly at him.

“Hey” Dougie sighed. “I was wondering, You know if you weren’t doing anything later, um you and me could go out for some coffee? Um if you wanted?” Dougie asked her nervously with hope in his eyes.

Julia only giggled at the mention of coffee. “I would love to” She smiled at him, then quickly added. “and I promise not to spill any on you this time.”

Sometimes the most cliché things can turn out to be a pritty good thing too.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it Julia
Sorry if it sucks! hahahaha I tried! Let me know what you think!!