Vampire Auction

Chapter 2

I was walking to an unknown destination. I knew where I was, I was walking on down my street. But I didn’t know where I was going.

Then I heard one word that struck an instant fear through my body: vampire. The street disappeared and my world turned black. Ahead I saw a pale figure with the back side turned to me. Abruptly, but gracefully, it turned to my direction. I froze in absolute fear as I recognized him.

I turned around and ran away as fast as I could. But my legs wouldn’t move fast enough. He appeared in front of me and I stopped. A cruel smile spread over his face as I stepped back, away from him. He followed my movement with his hand out stretched toward me. Still smiling evilly, he said, “Don’t worry, I won’t hurt you.” I screamed.

My eyes flew open. I took in my surroundings as I tried to slow my heartbeat down. I was in my bed, with my comforter laying over me. I looked at the clock standing on my desk. It was 5:00 in the morning. I sighed in relief as it registered to me I just had a nightmare.

A nightmare about a vampire.

My relief left me quickly as the memories of last might flooded back into my head. Was it all a dream? Was Dead Guy a dream? I looked around my room, half expecting to see a pale figure in one of the corners, laughing at me. But no one was in my room, except for me.

My eye caught a shape next to my dresser. It was the coffin from the auction. How did it get up here? I don’t remember bringing it up to my room. But then again, it proved last night was not a dream.

I flipped my comforter off of me and got off my bed. I was still in the clothes from last night, but I had a white bandage tightly wrapped around my right wrist. The swelling went away from my broken wrist, and I felt no pain whatsoever. I wonder who fixed it?

Oh well, I slowly walked to where the shiny black coffin lay and stared at it, not sure whether to open it or not.

“What are you doing?” I heard a horribly familiar voice ask me.

My yelp of surprise was muffled by a cold white hand. “Now, now. You don’t want to wake the neighborhood up, do you?” And there he was, the nightmare straight from my dreams.

I pulled back from his hand. “You’re actually real?” I hissed.

He snorted. “Of course I’m real. Do you think you imagined me? Don’t flatter yourself, your imagination isn’t that good.” I shivered in anger rather than fear. Why? Why did Dead Guy have to be real?

“Are you always this rude to everyone you meet?” I asked through clenched teeth.

“Hmm…yeah, pretty much, especially to very ugly people.” I resisted the urge to slap him for that last comment.

“Can you leave now? You’re really pissing me off.” I didn’t know what to if he refused, since threats seem useless with his strength.

He shook his head disapprovingly. “That’s not a nice thing to say to someone who treated your broken wrist.”

My mood changed from angry to confused. He’s the one who put the bandage on? I looked at my wrist as smirked at my half shocked, half disbelieving expression. “So, you going to thank me this time?” We asked, with that smirk still on his face.

I avoided his question with one of my own. “Why did you do it?” I frowned in confusion and suspicion.

“I want to see you swallow your pride.” He shrugged as if the answer were obvious.

I considered what he said. Well, he did help me. I took a deep breath and reluctantly gave in. “Fine, thank you very much for bandaging up my wrist.” He looked surprised that I really swallowed my pride. I can’t believe it! I mean, come on, I’m not a complete asshole.

He controlled his expression and stood up stiffer than usual. “Whatever. Your blood tastes better than you look, so I guess it wasn’t a complete waste of time.” When he said blood, my fear overrode all my other emotions.

I took a cautious step back, hoping he wouldn’t notice. He noticed anyway. “You scared?” He chuckled.

Hesitantly, I spoke. “You’re really a…a…va- va- vampire?” I could barely say the word.
“What else do you think I am?” He walked up to me, while I backed up until I hit the wall. He put his face so close to mine, it was a hair’s width away. His brown eyes captured my and I couldn’t look away no matter how hard I tried. “How about I help you fall asleep again?” His breath left my breathing hard. He ignored that and brought his lips to my neck, brushing my hair out of the way gently with his hand. “Don’t worry, I won’t take too much.” I froze as I grasped what he was about to do.
I cried out as I felt his teeth break into my skin, but my cry was silenced by his free hand. As I felt my blood being taken, I fell into unconscious.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter is short, but I couldn't figure out a better way to end it. Hope you have a good time reading it! And sorry for taking awhile, I got a new book and had to read it all first before I did anything else. Really sorry!