Vampire Auction

Chapter 4

After saying goodbye to Jade, I started walking to the school a little irritated by the way James had shoved me out of my room. Don’t get me wrong. I’m still scared shitless in his presence, but that doesn’t mean I still can’t be irritated and annoyed by the way he’s taking over my life. Ordering me around like some sort of maid servant… threatening me when I stand up to him…annoying the hell out of me whenever he gets the chance…argh! I can’t take this anymore! I don’t care about what he’ll do to me, I’m going to smack him over the head next time he gives me orders.

I approached the school gates and stopped. I wondered if anyone would actually be here on a Saturday. I probably should have asked Jade if her school would be open, or just have at least thought about it. Oh well, nothing to be done now, Sighing, I pushed on the gates and it swung open. Yep. Someone was here all right. I walked down the open hallway and walked through the open double doors that led to the office and approached the front desk.

“Hello? Is anyone there?” I called.

I saw Mr. Fisher’s head pop out from the doorway of his office. He welcomed me with a smile when he recognized me. “Hello Beth. You’re here early. Really early in fact. Did you need help with something?”

I opened my mouth to reply, but closed it sharply as I looked pass Mr. Fisher’s head and saw James’s face through the window. He grinned wickedly at me and waved. I just stared.

“Beth?” He looked at the window, but James was already gone.

I looked at Mr. Fisher. “Uh…I need to know what I’m going to be doing for my…er… community service.” I was still a little shell shocked. James was serious when he said he would follow me!

“Oh, of course! I had forgotten to tell you. Let’s see…you like to work at the hospital, right? You can do your community service there. Besides, I think Cameron needed more volunteers anyway.”

It took me a long moment to remember that Cameron was the head doctor at the small hospital next to the neighborhood. “Oh, um…sure. Th-thanks, Mr. Fisher. So…uh, do I just walk in or should I call or…” I trailed off for Mr. Fisher to finish my sentence.

“I’ll call him. Just show up on time and don’t keep Dr. Cameron waiting.” Mr. Fisher confirmed. Oh, right. Cameron and Mr. Fisher were good friends.

“Thanks again, Mr. Fisher.” I turned to leave, eager to get away.

“ No problem at all.” Mr. Fisher called after me.

I hurried out the exit and quickly closed the gates behind me. I half ran, half walked off the school campus, just so I could get as far away from James and the school as fast as possible. But before I reached the sidewalk, familiar cold hands covered my eyes, making me stop. So much for my attempts at escape.

I waited for James to make some snide and annoying comment like, “Guess who?” or something along those lines. But he didn’t say anything. I got impatient.

“You can let go of me anytime now, James.”

“I’m not James.” Responded a very unfamiliar and very deep voice. That, most definitely, was not James O’Dell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mwahahahahahahahaha! No chapters for months and now TWO chapters in one day! Hahahahahahahahaha! So, sorry if it's short. This was supposed to be part of the third chapter, but then it would have been too long. So I kninda cut it. I'm working on the 5th chapter and it's coming along greatly. So, I'm hoping this chapter will come out in another few days or so. That's my goal. So please be patient again. And thank you for sticking with me!
~Kitty-Chan