Give Me Faith

Chapter 3

Chapter 3
It was Monday again. The school’s corridors were filled with students. Justin was running towards the library. He knew he would see Maya there.

Library
“Mrs. Scott where’s Maya?” Justin asked catching his breath.
“She’s in the 9th book shelf.” Mrs. Scott replied looking at him so intensely.
“Hey!”

“Hey you.” Maya said.
Justin smiled at her and he suddenly took her hand and ran out to the corridor.
“Where are you taking me anyway?” Maya asked while being dragged by Justin.
After 10 minutes of running they got to the back of the school’s gym.
“What are we doing here?” She asked panting.
Then Justin went to his pocket and got a blue box. “Open it.”
But Maya didn’t touch the box. She thinks that it wasn’t right at all. She was scared of what might happen if she opened that box.
“What’s wrong? Why won’t you open it?” he asked.
She simply handed it back to Justin. “I’m sorry but I can’t take it. It’s too much.” She apologized.
Tears welled up in Maya’s eyes. She knew that if she do this she’ll break Justin’s heart.
“But… it’s a gift from me not from somebody else. Please take it. I’m begging you.” He begged Maya but she won’t budge. She doesn’t want to take it but Justin knows that deep inside her heart she wants it because it came from the person she loves the most.
“If I accept it what would I mean to you?” she asked while tears keep on falling from her eyes.
“Why are you asking me that kind of question? You know of all people how much important you are to me. I would give up my whole life for you. But why are you refusing my simple offer Maya?” Justin asked Maya.
Maya was just standing there without saying anything to Justin.
“It’s not that simple Justin! It’s not. Even though you haven’t told me your offer yet I know what it is already. From the looks in your eyes I know that you’re going to ask me to be your girlfriend but why, Why me, Justin?”
Justin took her hand and told kissed it. “It’s because you’re different from them. You’re not ashamed of what you really are and who you’re with. You let them see the real you. The real Maya Faith. The Maya that I fell in-love with 3 years ago. You encouraged me once, you know that. Do you still remember when you did a speech about life 3 years ago and the Mrs. Williams told us that after writing it we should read it in front of the class?”

Maya nodded, “Yeah I still remember.”
“Your speech said, ‘Before you walk, you ought to know what comes before that. You crawl then learn to stand on both your feet. You might fall and get bruises but there’s no sense in giving up when you know that you can do it. It’s the same in life; you get problems, the hell with it. You’ll solve it but it might punch you a little hard.’ That’s what your speech said isn’t it. Not giving up on life well that’s what I’m doing right now. I’m fighting for something real in my life. And that’s you, Maya.”

Maya began to cry but Justin held her tight saying that there’s no need for tears because he’ll always be there for her.
“Now, will you be my girlfriend, Maya Faith?” Justin kneeled and asked.
“Yes. I would love to be your girlfriend, Justin.”
Justin placed the bracelet around Maya’s left wrist and kissed her.
He hugged Maya again.

“I love you so damn much. Thank you.”

To be continued…