You Saved Me

Romeo? No. Charming actually.

Bzz. Bzzzzz.

What the hell?

Brittany stirred in her sleep and looked at her alarm clock that was sitting on her night stand right next to her bed.

1:23 AM

She then heard the vibration from her night stand as well that was coming from her phone.

Bobby had given back her phone to her Wednesday after school because he wanted her to call him whenever play was over to make sure that she was on her way home instead of sneaking over to a friends house.

And since he never took it back whenever she got home, she’d always be texting people. Well, not people. More like Steph and Joe. That wasn’t technically talking to them. It was typing. So he couldn’t get too mad at her.

She reached for her phone and opened it, the bright light that emitted from it washing over her and causing her to flinch a little bit before having her eyes adjust in order to read the screen.

Joe.

Figures…except…what is he texting me at 1:30 in the morning on a Saturday…oops…Sunday now, for?

Flick on your bedroom light twice.

What the heck is this kid talking about?

She sent him a quick text just asking him, “What?” and received one back almost instantly.

Just do it.

She sighed a heavy sigh before pulling her comforter off of herself and making her way towards her door where the light switch was stationed.

She flicked her bedroom light on and counted to 2, before turning it back off and then flicked it back on again for another count to 2 before turning it off.

After that, she walked back to her bed and snuggled into her comforter and pillow, letting a small smile come across her face from her comfiness.

Until she heard it.

Clink, Clink.

She snapped her head towards her window since that was where the source of the noise was.

What the hell?

Clink. Clink.

She continued to stare at her window, letting a few clink’s happen before she got up from her bed and slowly inched her way across the wall to the window.

Once next to it, she peeked her head around to see outside and she saw a figure who continued to throw something towards her window which she figured where rocks from the noise it made against the glass.

She quickly unlocked the window and hoisted it up while she leaned her body somewhat out of it.

“Hey. Romeo! Cut it out. People are trying to sleep here.” she ordered with a harsh whisper.

“It’s Charming actually. But nice to know that you don’t like to be romanced. I’ll stop.” she heard his too familiar voice say with a hint of playfulness to his whisper along with a laugh.

“Well my bad.” she shot back sarcastically.

She knew that now she was up, she wouldn’t be able to go back to sleep for the next couple of hours…and that kinda sucks considering it’s a Saturday nig-nope. Sunday morning and your banned from TV.

Yeah. Besides the whole cell phone thing, Bobby was being a stickler to the rules he set for her. No TV. No ‘talking’ on the phone and defiantly No friends. Yep, her week was really fun. Doing nothing but homework and memorizing lines. She’d even asked some of her teachers for some upcoming assignments that would be due since she’d gotten everything else finished so quickly.

They must’ve thought she was a freak, but gave her upcoming homework and projects nonetheless.

“Hey…do you want to have fun tonight or not?” she heard him whisper back to her while he stepped into the moonlight, causing her to catch her breath.

He is way to perfect.

His dark, raven black hair, shined in the moonlight as it fell messily around his beautiful face as he smiled up at her, his pearly white, straight teeth showing clearly.

Ugh. I hate his smile. It makes me want to do anything to make him happy so I can see it again.

“No. I don’t want to get caught and then re-grounded for the rest of the school year.” she snapped back at him and started to close her window but stopped when he said his orders.

“You know that’s not gonna make me leave. I’ll throw rocks at your window all night until you come out. Now put on some clothes and get your cute butt down here.”

She couldn’t help but whisper laugh at his order and then after a few minutes of deliberation, deciding which would get her in more trouble with Bobby, having him wake up from hearing rocks against glass or the chance of him checking up on her and seeing she’s gone, she told him to wait a few minutes so she could change.

Bobby never really came into her room at night to begin with. He’d only done it twice as far as she knew and that was when she had nightmares the first couple of nights that she was there.

And…

When’s the last time I had a nightmare? Maybe like a week ago? Maybe? Yeah….no…it’s gotta be shorter than that…it’s gotta. Maybe being around Joe has something to do with it. No! That’s ridiculous. Man this is hard!

Getting dressed in the dark was as difficult as you’d think. But she managed by finding some shorts and a t-shirt and then locking her bedroom door…for ‘just in case’ purposes before brushing her hair quickly and popping a piece of gum in her mouth before going back to her window and seeing the next obstacle to her escape.

“How am I gonna get down?” she asked as she looked around the premises.

Her room was on the side of the house that didn’t have the garage, so it wasn’t like she could climb onto the top of it and then jump from that. She was royally screwed now and her adrenaline that had coursed through her body a couple minutes ago from the thought of sneaking away into the night with Joe, was gone.

“Hold on. I got it all under control. Your man comes prepared.” he whispered to her and she saw him pull a backpack off his back and set it on the ground to pull something out of it.

My man? Did he just call himself my man? Wow.

“Catch this.” he whispered to her from below, cutting her from her thoughts of his word choice a few seconds ago to see him throwing something at her that looked big and bulky and around the shape of a rectangle.

She caught it, silently praying that it wouldn’t hit the side of the house or something and opened it up to see thin pieces of wood and rope.

“It’s a rope ladder. Latch on onto the window and throw it down. I’ll catch the bottom of it before it hit’s the house.” he responded to her silent question and she nodded her head in understanding.

Wow. He does think of everything.

She quickly positioned it before counting to three and dropping it to him and he caught it like he said he would.

She smiled brightly at him for being sneaky about all of this and quickly grabbed onto the side of the window, cast a quick nervous glance at her door, before pulling herself through it and shut it halfway behind her and then started to climb down.

“How many times have you done this before?” she asked once she was safely on the ground and wrapped up into a giant hug from him.

“That’s for me to know and you to never find out.” he said back to her playfully before grabbing her hand and pulling her towards his car that was sitting in front of her neighbors house.

“I can’t believe you did all of this just to have a few hours with me.” she said exasperated once they were in the car and on their way to who knew where.

“Well, it killed me not seeing you at all today, and since this is the last weekend before it’s crunch time, I figured, who cares if your grounded, you gotta have fun and live a little. And that’s when I came up with the ‘stealing you for the night’ plan. And I really hope your not too mad at me for waking you up. Cuz I have a plan to make you not mad at me.” he stated as he drove a familiar route towards his house.

“Well, am I gonna like this plan for me not to be mad at you?” she asked playfully from next to him.

She saw a small smirk come across his face before he looked over at her and said, “I really hope so.”

“Well then…” she sighed out and looked out her window for effect before looking back at him. “I guess I’m a little mad at you. So what’s your plan?”

His smile grew wider from her response as he continued to drive towards his house.

“Well I can’t do it right now. It’s gotta be perfect cuz let’s face it, you deserve the best.”

She bit her bottom lip and looked out the window again, only this time to hide her blush that was creeping up her neck and onto her cheeks. Not that he could see it anyways since it was dark outside but still. It’s the thought that he might catch her made her look away.

“Is someone blushing?” he asked playfully to her, taking a hand off the steering wheel and grabbing one of her hands.

“No.” she snapped at him, still keeping her head faced away from him to try and hide her smile that was now even wider on her face.

“Well then…how about now?” he asked and brought her hand up to his face and gave it quick kiss.

All the air in her lungs left her instantly as she snapped her head towards him to see a big toothy grin across his face as he continued to drive.

She took a big gulp and let her eyes fall down to her lap where she wanted to tangle her hands together out of nervousness, but Joe still had her one hand in his, resting in the middle of them on the center console.

“Yeah. I guess.” she said softly, feeling her cheeks now grow hot from all the blushing she was doing in front of him for the last 10 consecutive minutes.

“I thought so.” he laughed lightly as he said it, but continued to hold onto her hand as the two now sat in comfortable silence as they made their way, where she assumed, to his house.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I know it's really short....but what I have planned will be pretty long. So....wait for it. The next one will pick up later on in the night. You'll see! : )

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone again who commented and subscribed! This story is up to 8 stars now! Wo-Who!