Status: Completed!

Caught up Between Two Loves

Chapter Ten

While driving home, I hear my phone ringing. Without looking at the caller’s ID I answer it with an annoyed tone. “What?”

“Whoa! Calm down, it’s just me.” That voice belonged to Fernando.

I sighed and soothed hearing his voice. “Sorry, I was just pissed about something.” Or rather someone.

“Oh, how about we go have lunch and you tell me all about it. I’ve just finished talking to the coach and heading home.”

I giggled softly still finding his accent kind of cute. “Alright, I’ll see you then.”

I hung up and sped up wanting to make it home before him. Finally, I arrived no longer than a few minutes and stepped in. Fernando wasn’t home yet so I plopped down on the couch waiting for him.

I still wasn’t sure if I should tell him about Cristiano and Sir Alex’s offer. I might just skip the Ronaldo part and tell him about the job request. It was a tough decision, I mean how would the Liverpool fans look at me when they find out I’ve moved to work for Manchester United. I would be known as a traitor and the media is the last thing I needed.

I groaned not knowing what to do. Just then I hear Fernando’s car and got up. I grabbed my purse and headed out. He was leaning against the car waiting. I gave him a small smile while approaching. He returned it with a grin and opened the passenger seat door.

“Come on let’s put a big smile on that pretty face.” I blushed and sat down.

The car ride was silent though it wasn’t an awkward one. I kept arguing with my conscience and suddenly called out “I can’t!”

That made Fernando glance at me with a worried and confused look. “Are you ok?”

“Yeah I’m fine.” I answered looking out the window.

I felt him grab my hand and turned my head. “I’m here for you, Rach. You can tell me anything you know that, right?”

I nodded slowly and my lips curled into a real smile. I sighed feeling nervous as we arrived at a small restaurant.

He kept my hand in his while sitting at a table for two. I quickly grabbed the menu not wanting to start the topic right away. Finally, I settled down on some fried chicken. I looked up to see Fernando staring back at me obviously waiting for me to start talking.

I bit my bottom lip looking down and getting tensed by the second.

“So mind sharing what’s been bothering you?” He started and I kept quite. Fernando lifted my chin lightly to meet his gaze.

I cave in and decided to tell him. “I met up with Sir Alex Ferguson today.” I looked at his face to see a surprised expression but said nothing other than “Go on.”

“H-He asked me to work for him…as a doctor.” Before he could say something I added “But I didn’t accept it nor did I declined…He gave me two weeks to think about it.”

I sighed relieved for getting that out, though I knew this wasn’t over yet. Fernando was silent as if he was letting it sink in. “Nando?...Say something!”

“I don’t know what to say. It’s obvious that you want to work there.” He said with a sad tone.
I looked down knowing he was right. “God! This would’ve been easier if I wasn’t a big fan of them.”

“I know.” He said chuckling lightly. “So what are you going to do?”

“I don’t know. I really want the job, but it would affect us and I don’t want the media nagging especially the fans.” I had my head in my hands feeling angry and upset.

“Well, you have two weeks to think about so stop beating yourself about it.” Fernando said rubbing my arm.

He was right though, I had time to think. The stress slowly went away and I felt somewhat content. I gave him a grin and he returned it.

“See I told you I would put a big smile on that beautiful face.” I playfully slapped his arm and ate lunch in peace.

Once done we headed back home and sat down on the couch with the TV on. The whole day I never stopped to think about the job or Cristiano. I had a great time spending it with my boyfriend not worrying about a thing. Though deep inside I knew I had to soon enough.