Status: Completed!

Caught up Between Two Loves

Chapter Twelve

"Not really, just cleaned the house. It was a mess!" I said trying my best not to sound weird or nervous. I wasn't even lying to him. I did clean the house, but that wasn't the whole truth. "I also talked to my sister and brother. How about you?"

"Nothing. Met up with the guys earlier and planned on seeing you, so here I am." Fernando grinned patting my thigh.

I smiled back and looked at the clock as it was almost dinner time. Funny enough, I heard his stomach growling. "I'm guessing you're hungry. What do you want for dinner?"

"Hmm...I was thinking of cooking this time." He said slowly getting up after letting me go.

"Really? You cook?"

"Don't act surprised, I'm a very good cook thank you very much. It runs in the family." Fernando winked before heading to the kitchen.

I followed him and was about to speak when he cut me off. "Mind telling me where the stuff is? I'm in the mood for some lasagna!" He clasped his hands together and rubbed them.
I couldn't help but chuckle and respond "Sure." So, I told him where the ingredients were and everything. I was about to help Fernando when he slapped my hand away. "No no. I'm doing the cooking. You cleaned all day so just go and relax. Don't worry, I won't set the kitchen on fire. Trust me." He said after seeing my worried expression..

I smiled and kissed his cheek. "You're too sweet to be real!" I said half joking and half meaning it.

"Believe it mi amor, I'm real along with all this."He said gesturing to his body and I shook my head. "That's my cue to leave." And I left the kitchen in the hands of Fernando.

What was I supposed to do till he was done? I walked around the house a bit; making sure everything was in its right place. After a while, I got bored and decided to check on Fernando. I walked back to the kitchen to see him already into cooking that he hadn't noticed me coming in. "How's everything going so far?" He had his back turned to me and I walked up trying to peak and see what he was doing, but he blocked my view.

Fernando shook his head saying "Tsk tsk. No peaking. What did I tell you? Stay out of el Nino's kitchen."

"Last time I checked this is my apartment and my kitchen!"

"Well, it's mine now so run along. I'm giving you a chance to relax here and let me do all the work." He said softly.

"I only, but..."

"But nothing. Now, go back to whatever you were up to and let your man take care of you tonight." He whispered in my ear which sent shivers and kissed my neck before ushering me out of my own kitchen.

I huffed and decided to do what he said and relax. So, I went up to my room and laid down on the bed. It had been forever since I read a book and it sounded great right now. I grabbed one from the bookshelf and started to read. Halfway through the tenth page I fell asleep.

A delicious smell woke me up. I opened my eyes trying to remember what had happened. Just then Fernando walked. "Hey, how's my princessa doing?"

"She's doing great, fell asleep while reading a book actually and that wonderful smell woke me up." I said smiling.

"Well, come on then. Dinner is ready. I already set the table, so we're ready to eat."
I nodded getting up and following him down the stairs. I was a little sleepy, but that problem was solved as my eyes widened at the sight before me. It was a little too beautiful! Fernando had set the table with candles and rose petals on it with a big bottle of red wine on the side.

"Wow, how long was I asleep?" I laughed and turned to him. "Thank you this is amazing, though you didn't have to do all this..Hopefully that lasagna is as good as the decor."

"You're welcome. I can't wait till you get a taste of my art." He smirked and pulled out the chair for me.

"Art?" I giggled. "Well the smell was delicious. Let's see if the taste matches."

I licked my lips as he placed dinner on the table. I went to the wine bottle, but he stopped me. "I'll take care of that."

I frowned slightly crossing my arms. "You're not going to let me do anything, are you?"

"Nope." He answered placing some lasagna on my plate. I went to take a bite and it was delicious! I let out a moan to let him know that I loved it. He grinned while pouring the wine. "I'm glad you like it! See, I told you I can cook."

I nodded giving him a thumbs up while carrying on eating. He wasn't the only one starving. Throughout dinner we made small talk and Fernando kept asking about my family and past since I never told him about it. You could say that night we got to know each other more, I knew nothing about his family and background but now I did.

I asked him about how he arranged the dinner. He didn't tell me how he made the lasagna since it was an old family recipe. I nodded at that and he carried on. "It took me forever to find where you put the candles and I found the roses in the vase and took two or three. Sorry about that."

"Oh no it's fine. As long as you didn't use them all." I said burying my face in the glass and finished my drink.

"Good, besides if I had used them all I would've gotten you even more than you had."
It's not like I cared about the roses, but for some reason it bothered me that he tore the petals. Shaking that thought out of my head, I grabbed my plate and his but yet again his hand stopped me. "No, Nando let me do the dishes. It's the least I can do."

Feeling defeated, he sat back down and sighed. I smirked then headed to do the dishes.

"Alright, but I'll dry it." I let him do that knowing he wouldn't give up.

"I forgot to ask, um...why is there a box of chopped chocolates in the trash?" He asked putting a plate away.

I was caught off guard by the question and nearly dropped the glass. I opened my mouth to talk, but couldn't figure out a reason. "Was it that bad that you threw it away?" He joked.

"You could say that. I had the box since forever and saw the expiry date and threw it away." I sighed relieved.

"Then why was the box open and the chocolates cut?" Fernando asked curiously hanging the towel.

Come on, think of something Rach and fast!

"Well, I wanted to check if the expiry date was correct sometimes they're not and was craving for some chocolates so I took a bite." I responded looking away.

"A bite of each?" He laughed.

"Yeah." I shrugged.

Fernando just shook his head and grabbed me by the hips. "You're so weird, but I still love you." He blushed realizing what he had said. Did he just tell me he loved me? Oh my God! I love you too! Wait he didn't hear that, let me try again. However, he interrupted noticing my wide eyes "I didn't mean it like that...No, I do mean it but..." I was confused. "It just slipped out, sorry. I know it's still early to say it and..."

"I love you too!" I blurted out before he continued.

"You do?" Fernando asked shocked.

I nodded. "Yes, I love you."

He picked me up and twirled me around and my head started to turn. "Nando stop! I'm already dizzy from the wine!" He stopped and kissed me hard while stroking my cheeks. After a minute, he pulled away and was met by my groan. "As much as I would love to kiss you more, I have to go it's getting late and you have work tomorrow."

"Ugh! I hate it when you're right." I said yawning and my eyes started to close; wine had a huge effect on me.

He chuckled and picked me up bridal style. "Let's get you to bed first." While making his way up the stairs I started to count the freckles on his cheeks and linked them as if trying to get a shape out of it. I giggled once I linked them it with my finger, it took the shape of a star. Fernando looked confused. "What?" He then noticed what was I up to and laughed. "No more than 2 glasses of wine for you."

He placed me on the bed and I thanked him. "Want me to change your clothes?" He asked smirking.

I playfully slapped his arm and shook my head. "No, I'm fine and comfortable in these."

"Alright." Fernando tucked me in placed soft kisses on my lips while saying "Good night, sweet dreams. I love you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Yakitori for the comment! <3
I think I'm gonna focus on this story for now.
So, please comment and tell me what you think :)