Status: Completed!

Caught up Between Two Loves

Chapter Twenty-Three

Now with Portugal out of the Cup, I stopped worrying about Cris which made me feel a lot better and to focus on my relationship with Fernando. However, we never got to have any alone time or spent some time together because Del Bosque always made the team train and the only alone time we had was when he took a break. I did mind that a bit, but knew that it was all for winning the Euro Cup.

All those training paid off when they played against Italy and won with penalties. I couldn’t be more proud of them. Three days later in the Semi-Finals they won against Russia by 3-0. By winning all those matches you’d think it would boost their ego and they’d boast about it, right? Well yes it did boost their egos because they are men; that’s how they are. However, they showed off just proud of themselves as much as their fans were.

28 June 2008, it’s their day off right before the Finals against Germany. Del Bosque thought they should relax before the big game. That made us spend some alone time and in my head I yelled out ‘Finally’.

We drove off some place quiet over the hills where no one would find us. It was a deserted place and I had no idea how Fernando found this place and I hoped we wouldn’t get lost.

“Are you sure we’re not lost? We’ve never been to this country and driving off to some isolated place. I’m scared, Nando let’s just go back.” Paranoia took over me. One of my fears was getting lost so that explains my reaction.

Fernando laughed and squeezed my hand reassuring me. “Don’t worry, I asked at the hotel for a place like this and they gave me directions. I know where we’re going, relax.”

I sighed still not convinced, but slowly let it go. After a couple of hours, we had arrived. Like described the area was abandoned, grass covered the ground and one small hill a few kilometers away. The thing I most liked about it was how calm the environment was. Everything was so peaceful, that’s what the team needed to relax before the Finals.

“So…” I started once we found a nice spot to sit down. “How are you feeling?”

It took him a while to answer, but eventually he did. “Nervous, definitely nervous. I’m not sure if we can win it, but I know that we will all give our best.”

I got up and sat behind him and started to rub his shoulders. “I can’t tell you not to be nervous, because you won’t do as I say. But try to at least relax; you picked a great place to hang out. And let’s not talk about tomorrow, we’ll worry about it then, ok?”

Fernando just nodded and I could feel him relax as he leaned back and I wrapped my arms around his neck from behind. “But I just want to say one more thing about tomorrow…I made a bet with the guys. If we win we’re going to have a two weeks’ vacation at the beach in Ibiza. You’ll get to see wonderful Spain and you’ll love it trust me.”

I smiled at that. I always wanted to go to Spain. Then I chuckled lightly saying “I thought the bet would be something more like dangerous dares…”

“Yes, I know. We couldn’t come up with anything. I’m not done yet though. If we win and I score…well sadly I can’t tell you that, because it’s a surprise.”

By now he had turned around facing me with a smirk.

“What have you got planned in that head of yours, Nando?”

The smirk grew wider which made me scared.

“Ok. That’s creepy, stop that!”

Fernando laughed and pushed me lightly on the soft grass and hovered over me. “I just have to score and win the Cup so you could find out.”

“As if you’re going to score and win the Cup, Nando like it’s so easy.” I half joked.

The smirk came back on his face again and I got scared. “Nando...”

He cut me off by tickling my sides. I kept yelling for him to stop, but that just made him tickle me harder. A few minutes later, I was out of breath as he stopped and laid down beside me.

“I don’t know how I’m going to live without you in Liverpool.” He said after a long silence.

“Fernando, you worry too much. We came here to relax and have fun.” I said kissing his cheek.

“So, you’re not the least upset or concerned about leaving?”

I frowned thinking how he could say that. “Of course I’m upset. I didn’t want to leave in the first place, but you encouraged me to. Let’s not start another argument about this. It’s decided I’m going to Manchester; we’ll get to see each other whenever we can. I’m going to avoid Ronaldo as much as I can and live my dream. I love you and I would never cheat on you, that would never even cross my mind you know that.”

“I’m sorry. It’s just going to be hard, you know? We’re used to seeing each other every day.”

He sat up on one elbow and leaned to peck my lips. “I love you too and I would never do anything to ruin this relationship that we have.”

He kept pecking every few seconds which made me giggle. “Tease.” That made him lean a bit more and kiss me passionately.
♠ ♠ ♠
just a little filler! hopefully the next one will be longer and about the Finals :)
comment and subscribe please! <3