Status: Completed!

Caught up Between Two Loves

Chapter Eight

The next day I woke up feeling bad that I lied to Nando. I knew it was wrong but I had to so that I could see my friend. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 7 in the morning. I saw that Fernando was still sleeping. I slowly got out of bed without making any sound and went into the bathroom. I took a quick shower then went back to my room wrapped in a towel.

While I was getting dressed Nando woke up. He seemed to be enjoying himself. I noticed it when I was done.

“Liked the show?” I asked smirking and walked over to him.

“Yes, very.” He kissed then got up and went into the shower.

“I’ll see you at the match Nando; I gotta go take care of some stuff at the arena.” I yelled so he could here me then when I heard him saying ‘ok’ I left.

I arrived at the arena and met up with Jen. She was answering some phone calls then when she noticed me, she smiled. I waited a while until she was done.

“Hey what are you doing here early?” Jennifer asked me while putting away some papers.

“Oh, um no reason. So, did Nando by any chance call you last night?”

“Hmm, no. Why? Is he cheating on you or something?”

“No he would never do that. Just wondering that’s all.” I said then thought that Nando really trusted me and believed me. Now I felt guiltier.

I left her to do her work and I went to take a walk around the field. They were cleaning it up, the match was around 3 and now it was only 10. A few hours later, I went to have lunch with Jen then when we came back the team was already there. The Man Utd team would be here soon I thought.

“Hey Rach, come in here.” I heard Fernando calling me.

I walked over to him and he dragged me to my office. “What…”

I was cut off by him kissing me. Eventually we ended up on my desk with him on top of me. When I realized where this was going, I pulled away.

“Nando, we can’t do this in here especially since you have a big match soon.” I said getting up and straightening my clothes.

“I know but it’s been a while since kissed and had a little fun.”

“We’ve been busy that’s all, I promise if you play your cards right and by that I mean this game and win it you’ll get a reward.” I whispered in his ear then left.

I was going to find Jen so we could head out since the match will start in 30 min. On my way, I saw Cristiano. He had his back turned to me and was talking to Wayne. Rooney noticed me and I told him not to say anything. I jumped on Cristiano’s back and laughed. He freaked out so I told him that it was only me and he calmed down.

“OMG, you scared the shit out of me.” He said and by then Wayne was cracking up and so was I.

“Sorry, but I couldn’t resist. You look cute when you’re freaked out.”

He blushed that was the first time I see him blush. I just pinched his cheek then turned to Wayne.

“So you guys ready for your match?”

“Yeah, we’re gonna kick some Liverpool ass, right twinkle toes?” Rooney said looking at Ronaldo.

“Twinkle toes?” I said giggling.

“Yeah and don’t you dare call me that.” He said sounding a bit annoyed and punched Wayne’s arm.

“So, I’ll leave you guys now to get ready. Good luck.” I said waving at them.

“Like I said yesterday I don’t need luck.” He said cockily again and I rolled my eyes. He was so over confident sometimes which annoyed me.

The match soon started and now was half-time and it was still 0-0. They still had the second half to score some goals I thought. I couldn’t believe when the match was over. Man Utd won, I tried not to look excited and hid it under my frown so that Jen won’t see it. The Liverpool team couldn’t be more humiliated; they lost in their field 1-0.

I walked over to Nando to comfort him but he pushed me away and headed to the locker rooms.

“Don’t worry he’ll be feeling better soon.” Xabi said smiling weakly.

“I hope so. I’m really sorry that you guys lost.” I said hugging him.

“It’s ok, it’s not your fault anyway.” He said then went to the locker rooms.

I saw Cristiano walked towards me jumping up and down with Rooney. I just had to let it out so I jumped with them and hugged them.

“I told you I didn’t need luck.” He said smirking at me.

I punched him playfully. “Yeah well you barely won and besides it was a penalty.” I said.

“Yeah yeah, we know that you’re happy that we won.” Wayne said smiling ear to ear.

“Well duh. But I feel bad about Nando. I just went to comfort him but he pushed me away.”

“Ugh, don’t mind him. So, are you gonna come with us to celebrate?”

“Sorry I can’t Fernando would get suspicious and mad that I won’t be there to make him feel better.” I said looking around me to see if he came out.

“Oh, man…Fine I guess we’ll meet up with you tomorrow?” Cristiano asked and I nodded. “By the way, Alex wants to ask you something tomorrow.” He said looking at
Rooney then at me.

“Why?” I asked curiously and tried to read their faces.

“You’ll see tomorrow. See ya then.” He hugging me and kissing me on the cheek then I went up to hug Wayne and he whispered in my ear. “I hope you’ll say yes tomorrow.” He smiled then walked away.

I looked confused and wanted to know what Ferguson wanted. I went and stood by the locker room and waited for Nando to come out. He came out a few minutes later all clean. I smiled weakly at him and hugged him. He didn’t push me away this time and hugged me back.

“It’s ok, you guys played better than last time anyway.” I said trying to make him feel better.

“I guess, let’s go home I’m tired.” I nodded and we went back home.