Love Is Like a Trap

xXChapter OneXx

"Cinder," I growled at the blond vampire behind me giggling aloud. "Would you please, shut.Your.FACE!" I almost screamed, spinning on my heels and backhanding the younger vampire in the face, hard. Cinder grunted at the contact and Rage gasped. "Fayth!," she yelled running to cunder and rubbing his cheek. "Don't hit him!" she yelled, sighing as she peered at the newist of cinders bruses before her gaze, once again, was back to me. "Your just jelous that your mate is anti social." she teased still rubbibg the boys face. At the mention of my betrothed mate, wither, I peered ahead to see him standing a few yard ahead, still walking ahead as if we had not stopped. "How annoying they are somtimes." I thought. But they were my only family now, and as I saw it, the only company i'd have for a wile.
None of my comrades were blood related, therefore not family. We actually all came from a different clan. Wither, a long haired blond who was fifteen going on sixteen years old, was the oldest male and mostly kept to himself. He was my mate and came from the water vampire clan. Cinder was a short haired blond vampire who was the second male and the most hyper, happy thing I'd ever seen. He was fifteen and came from the fire vampires. Then there's Rage. She, a vampire with long, blood red hair, was only a few months younger than I, so she was sixteen. She was Cinder's mate and came from the earth vampires. Then that leaves me, Fayth. I was sixteen going on seventeen and came from the Air vampires, Wither's mate and stuck with a group that was bound to kill each other.

Just to think, we were the only bloodlines, allowed by the council, to intermingle. This was only allowed because of one vampire in the counsol, Helena the oldest and the wisest, wanted to test a thery. She believed that if the four elements mated together and mirged all four blood lines that the vampire may imerge normal.

As a result, we were chosen, sent out and forbidden to return home untill the mated pairs had children, one boy and one girl, Had those children mate and bring home the grandchield who possesed all four bloodlines. I thought all of this over once again in my head but was snaped back to reality when a raven started crying out its sketchy song.

All of a sudden, wither stopped walking and peered around. We all ran to him and looked for the thret of danger he had senced. Wither never wated for us so on a trip, so if he stopped, danger was near. "What is it wither?" I wispered. As soon as i spoke he lifted his hadnd as a que to silence me. Everyone kept looking around the forest floor and branches surounding us but nothing was in sight. Wither suddenly started walking again, as if nothing happened., slowly making his way forword in silence. "Wither!," I yelled to his back, fallowing closly behind. "What was that about!" I continued, refering to, one, why he had stoped and signaled danger when there was none ,and two, why he thought he could and had silenced me in the way he had.

Wither spun on his heels, as I had earlyer to cinder, but did not strike me. only glared into my eyes. I growled in return. "Stop growling," he comanded. "You sound like a mutt.". I Glared back into his eyes. "Bastard." I wispered. His eyes burned with anger and he raised his had to strike my face, but before he got the chance somthing flew at him from behind a tree and tackled him to the ground. I took a step back, watching, to see what was attacking him.

It was a werewolf. He looked about our age,maybe a little older. long black hair covering one eye, the one not being shielded was like a glowing emerald. bringing color and life to his pale face.

Wither reached up and gripped the wolfboys throat before looking at me. "Get him!" he yelled with a grimis as the boy began scratching at withers hands, arms, face and throat with his long claw-like nails, leaving bloody gashes anywere they touched. Though the werewolves were our enimys I couldn't get myself to hurt this one. And even though he was truly hurting one of my companions and I stil could not bring myself to move. I was frozen, unable to move my own body even if I had wanted to.

Rage immediatly took action, swiftly and strongly kicking the boy in the ribs. He rolled off wither with a yelp, grabing his side and jumping to his feet. As wither made it to his, the wolf-boy turned to run. Wither got into position to fallow but I grabbed his elbow and tripped him backwords. "Leave him be." I comanded glaring down at him before rising my gaze to the black wolf that had metirialized there. For an instant it turned and our eyes met, his emerald eyes shining into my sapphire ones. "Why?" wither roared as cinder helped him to his feet once again. "Beacause!" I screamed "Your a jackass who has to kill everything that breathes or looks in your general direction!" Another glare came from his eyes but we all became silent and, after a short pause, began walking once again. Soon the sun would be going down and we'd need to put up our camp. But for now we just had to try to not kill eachother, as we had done so may other nights.