Sequel: Exposed In Lights

Secrets Are Hard To Keep

He's just Daddy

“Julia over here!” Annoying reporters shouted as I walked through the airport with a full security guard around me, dad wouldn’t let me travel alone anymore. To everyone he is the biggest footballing star in the world, to me he’s just Daddy.

I’m Daddy’s little Princess and mommy’s favourite girl. Everyone loves ‘baby Beckham.’ I cringed at the nickname given to me by the press. But it was something I had grew up with, I was used to having cameras in my face because they’d been there since the day I was born. From baby photo shoots to being followed and monitored with my every step.

I’d never been at one with the press, they take nothing and explode it but they had the most fun with me when I became anorexic. I’d get swarmed everywhere I went and of course Dad had to come with me everywhere, his over protective side coming out.

Right now I had just landed in L.A from retrieving some of my stuff from out house in Madrid, we had to move over here because my Dad moved football teams to L.A galaxy. My mom had already bought a house in Beverly Hills, it was big but not huge.

“GIVE HER SOME ROOM.” One of the security guys shouted as the paparazzi desperately tried to avoid a beating and moved back. I was rushed into a black tinted out van and the door was closed for me.

I sighed as paparazzi ran in front of the car and took pictures of me as I dialled my Mom’s number in.

“Victoria.” She stated.

“Hey Mom.” I sighed and smiled at the sound of her voice.

“Hey sweetie, how was your flight?”

“Fine I’m on my way now.” I told her.

“Are you okay to go on the Ellen Degeneres show? Some idiot cancelled on them and they need someone to fill in so you could just go in earlier instead of next week.”

I sighed, “Sure. Can we go shopping tomorrow?”

“Of course. I’ll see you when you get home. I love you.”

“Love you too.”


I ended the call and gazed out the window watching the world whiz by in a blur of lights. We pulled up outside the house and the steel gates opened to let us in after the driver told one of our 24-7 security who it was.

My Dad was waiting for me on the porch as I arrived, I smiled wider as he stepped into view. I hadn’t seen him for a good few weeks so as soon as the car stopped I jumped out and ran into his arms. He spun me around and kissed my forehead before placing me back down.

“Welcome home.” He slung his arm around my shoulder as, “The boys are all in bed and your mother fell asleep after she got off the phone with you.” He told me as we walked into the house, he pulled my case behind me and I followed him upstairs as he carried it for me.

I smiled as I stepped into my large room. The carpet was black and a large king size bed was opposite where I stood in the door way. The side walls were painted red and the others were white. A desk was in the far right corner of my room and it had my laptop and other devices on, on the wall above it there were numerous pictures of my encounters with famous people and my many concert tickets. On the right wall was the door which led to my bathroom and on the left wall was the door which led to my closet and vanity room.

Dad put my case into my closet and I notice there was a shirt and pyjama pants waiting on my bed for me to change into. “Get changed and I’ll make you some hot chocolate.”

“Thanks Becks.” I smirked using his friends nickname for him, he smiled back and left the room.

I changed into the over sized black shirt with hung off my shoulder and grey sweatpants and tied my hair back. I sat on my bed and switched on the plasma screen TV which was mounted onto the wall to the left of my bed. I turned on MTV to watch an episode of My Super Sweet 16.

“Are you thinking about your birthday?” Dad asked me walking back into my room and handing me a cup of hot chocolate as he nodded towards the TV.

“Dad, I don’t want a massive party. I just want to go out for a meal with you, Mom and the boys then chill out here “ He frowned at me then sat down beside me.

He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into his chest lovingly. “You never seize to amaze me.” He told me and completely confused me, he sensed this. “Look at the girl, completely spoiled.” He chose his words carefully as he stared at the MTV programme. “We probably have more money than her and you don’t even want a get together.”

“What are you getting at?” I giggled.

“You can have anything you want, anything in the world for your birthday but you don’t want anything.” He stated.

“So? I’m still just a 15 year old kid Dad.” I told him, he let out a little laugh. “I like things normal girls do. Clothes, shopping, internet, music, boys--”

“No boys.” He interjected. I punched his abs and he smirked. “You should get to sleep.” He let go of me and did a James Bond roll off of my bed. Then walked out the room. “I love you.”

“Love you too.” I smiled and crawled under the covers as he switched off my light.

I slept peacefully that night, dreaming of being actually in the crowd at a concert instead of watching from the side lines all the time. I groaned as I was shaken awake by thin hands. “Mom.” I groaned.

“Morning love.” She said walking away from my bed as I turned onto my back and rubbed my eyes.

“What are you doing?” I croaked as I saw my Mom emerge from my closet with numerous items of clothing in her hands. She tossed the on my bed with a pair of Giuseppe Zanotti crisscross booties.

“We’re going out for brunch and then to shop.” She exclaimed, “Get dressed and washed love.” She made her way out the room before turning back. “Maria-Louise and Ben are in the salon. Oh and I almost forgot, welcome to America.” I grinned at her, she winked and walked fashionably out of my room.

I dragged my self out of bed and showered quickly leaving my hair wet for Ben to sort out. I put on some underwear then some the purple tights. I pulled on a grey spaghetti strap jersey tank with a purple ribbon hem and then a purple ruffle skirt. I slipped my shoes swiftly into the pair of high heels she had left me then went to choose a bag.

I finally decided on a berry coloured over the shoulder Prada bag. I tossed all my essentials inside then made my way down the hall to the salon. Ben and Maria-Louise worked their magic and made me look pretty but not too old. I liked looking my age.

“Honey you only have two booklets of your school work left.” Mom shouted from the kitchen as she heard my steps coming down from the stairs.

“I worked so hard over the years, so I guess it would be normal to finish a year early.” I grinned and she appeared into the hall. “You look good.” I smiled, she smiled back. She was dressed in a simple black dress with a neck scarf and her signature large sun glasses.

“You do too.” She smiled, she loved to dress me up because she’d done it since I was a baby.

We walked out into the car together catching up, I told her everything. “I heard you were ‘dating’ Alex Pettyfer.” She smirked as we slowed down in front of the restaurant where paparazzi hounded the outside.

“He’s fit.” I smirked, “I wish.” I added as she stepped out the car and I followed. I liked going out in the day as the flashes didn’t need to be used so I could actually see.

“VICTORIA. JULIA.” They shouted as security held them all back and got us safely into the restaurant.

After brunch/lunch we started to shop, more people gathered and soon we got so hounded we just escaped into the nearest shop which was Tiffany and Co.

I browsed around the opposite side of the store to my Mom as gazed in awe at some of the rings here. “Jools.” Mom motioned me over to her, I walked over and she pointed held a ring out in front of me. “Do you like this?” She was in no way subtle, she was thinking about birthday presents.

“That’s beautiful.” I told her as I gawked at the oval shaped diamond mounted on a platinum ring. I decided to make her life a lot easier. “I’d buy it.” I shrugged and walked away smirking to myself. I pretended to be looking at something as she tried to buy it without me seeing, I saw her put the bag inside her own bag out of the corner of my eye.

I smiled as she linked her arm with mine as we walked back outside and down the road, security kept them back as I dragged my Mom in H&M. She liked all the designer stores which wasn’t H&M but I came out the store with 3 bags of clothes.

“We’re going home now.” She told me as we stepped out of the store.

“Julia, Victoria! Over here.” They shouted, “WELCOME TO AMERICA.”

“Thank you!” I shouted back at no one in particular then climbed into the car. As soon as the door closed the car shot off sending me jolting into the back of the chair. Mom laughed at me and shook her head at me.

“Are you coming to that party thing tonight?” She asked me as she looked intently at the screen of her Blackberry. “Paris will be there.”

Paris was like an older sister to me, she isn’t at all what people think she is. She’s really amazing and is always there for me. “I really cannot be bothered Mom. I have Ellen tomorrow and need some sleep.”

She sighed but nodded, “Claire is coming to baby sit. Help her out?”

“Of course.” I smiled and put in my ear phones as my Mom stared on her phone calls and emails.