Sequel: Exposed In Lights

Secrets Are Hard To Keep

Not one single camera

I spent some time with my family, I was flying through the night so I said my goodbyes and went to bed. When I walked into my room I noticed a grey hoodie with a watch placed on top of it on my bed. I noticed them immediately, they were Nick’s. I smiled and picked up the jumper and took a whiff of it and placed it on my pile of clothes for tomorrow. There was also a small letter, I opened it and read it out loud to myself.

“Dear Peach, I’ll miss you. Nick. P.S I stole one of your hair bands.” I laughed out loud and placed the letter in my drawer.

I changed into some sweats and a vest top and crawled into my bed. I was awoken the next morning to my blaring alarm clock, it read 4:30 so I jumped out of bed and showered, I dried it and tied it back. With a bit on foundation and some eye liner I was ready to get dressed.

Wearing a pair of blue denim skinnies, a black t-shirt and Nick’s grey hoodie I carried Ernie’s cage downstairs and came back up. I clipped his watch on and then dragged my case downstairs behind me. I walked down the drive way in the pitch black night, the cold air was pricking at my face so I sped up trying not to shake Ernie’s cage around too much.

The camera crew was there outside the black tinted out escalade the cameras in my direction. “Morning.” I smiled and handed my case to the driver and I climbed into the car putting Ernie next to me on the seat.

“What the hell is that?” A camera man asked.

“My pet rat.” He gave me an odd look and I laughed. Once everyone was in the car I started to get briefed about what we were doing, I’d go here for Friday then fly back for the Saturday, on Saturday I was picking up the two other winners from the airport and we’d chill for the rest of the day, then Sunday we shop and then Monday a pamper day ready for the premiere. It was basically going to be non stop.

I stared out the window for the car ride there as the camera crews and producer, Jenny, talked amongst each other. When we arrived at the airport there were no paparazzi what so ever, I couldn’t help but smile when I stepped outside the car. I grabbed Ernie’s cage from Jenny and my bag from Phil.

“Look at this.” I said excitedly pointing around me. They stared at me, “Not one single camera.” They just smiled at me and pushed me forward through LAX.

“The camera’s are live in 3, 2, 1.” Two cameras were walking in front of me as I strode through the empty airport which was lit by florescent lights, the kind some people get headaches from luckily I wasn’t one of them.

All I could think of on the way to Canada was if Nick would be watching me live right now, if he would be happy I was wearing his gestures of love. What he was planning on doing today, if he was thinking of me as much as my obsessed brain was thinking of him. It just proved to me I spent too much time with him, I tried to recall the last time I hung out with anyone for one day without seeing him. I couldn’t.

I was now in a car on the way to Bailey’s house to surprise her. As I was talking to the camera my Blackberry beeped in my bag, I pulled it out and opened my new email.

‘Julia.’ My new agent and publicist Alex wrote, ‘Your record deal with Hollywood records has been finalised and to launch you off they would like you to perform ‘On the Line’ live at the AMA’s with the Jonas Brothers. Your song ‘Fences’ has been approved for recording so on Saturday you have a session set up with producer John Fields, I understand you have your Twilight thing so you can take them with you. Get back to me, Alex’

I hit reply; ‘Awesome, I’d love to perform with them. I’m sure the girls would love to visit a recording studio, not like they have a choice anyways. Thanks a lot Alex.’

I sent that then turned to Jenny, “Why have we stopped?” I asked her as she begun tampering with my hair.

“We’re here.” My heart accelerated and I checked my make up in the mirror. I stripped off Nick’s hoodie and rummaged through my bag for my waist coat. I pulled it out and buttoned it up and added a silver necklace with a silver leave hanging from it.

“Magic.” I said and pulled out the premiere pass. “This is Bailey’s pass.” I held it infront of the camera. “I’m going to go and surprise her now, she has no idea because her husband got rid of the internet for us and kept her away from MTV.” I snickered and opened the car door. The cameras followed me up to her door where I could hear shouting and a toddler laughing.

I knocked on the door and tapped my foot, a new seconds later it opened and Bailey was stood with her son on her hip, a bewildered look on her face. I grinned at her.

“You’re Julia Beckham, hi.” She said star struck, she put her son on the floor who ran back into the house.

“Bailey, I’m here on behalf of MTV to give you this.” I pulled the pass from behind my back, “This is a ticket to come to the premiere.” She launched on me, nearly tackling me to the floor.

[Nick’s POV]

I had three full days to kill and it was easily done. We were shooting our new TV series so that kept me busy, but the waiting around on set left me to think for a while. I mostly just watched the live feed of Julia, you have no idea the thrill it gave me to see her wearing my watch. I hadn't stopped playing with her hair band.

Everyone chattered around me in our dressing room whilst I sat like a hermit staring at my laptop screen. She was in a car staring out a window, to others she may seem boring but just watching her little movements like the way her lips are set and how little she blinks was fascinating to me.

“Yo Nick, are you ever going to come off that laptop.” Joe interrupted me, “She’s been staring out a car window for an hour now.” I sighed and tore my eyes away from the screen. Joe and Kevin were playing video games, I hadn’t even noticed Taylor come into the dressing room. Wow, I must be out of it.

“Hey Taylor.” I smiled and she waved at me.

“Finally back on Earth lover boy?” She teased and jumped from the arm of the sofa to ruffle my hair. “How many viewers does she have?” Taylor asked plopping down swiftly onto the seat next to me.

“Two-hundred and thirty thousand, one hundred and fifteen.” I announced and Joe whistled.

“That’s a lot.” Joe commented, I rolled my eyes and tossed a pillow at the back of his head. “Ow! What was that for?”

“For being stupid,” of course it was a lot, “and because you’re loosing to Kevin.” I snickered.

Joe pouted and went back to concentrating on his game like he should. We were called to set and I muttered my lines to my self as I walked through the corridors. When we arrived I was shocked to see Miley stood there with her Dad. “Hey.” She smiled, I smiled back at her and she gave me a hug when I reached her. “How are you?”

“I’m good, I haven’t seen you in a while.”

“Not since the Disney concert.” She reminded me, that was the day Julia and I met, I smiled at the thought. “How’s the love life with a Beckham?” She seemed a bit hesitant to ask.

“Good.” I answered simply.

Joe barged past me, “Miley!” Joe hugged her and winked at me, I must remember to thank him for saving me later. I slipped off to the sides and grabbed a bottle of water as Miley converged with my brothers. I took a long lasting drink and then placed it back on the table.

“Positions guys!” The director called and I made my way over to start shooting.
♠ ♠ ♠
My laptop is broken, again. Sorry for the delay.