Status: Complete

You Are My Favorite Joke

Chapter 10

Ashley’s P.O.V

After eating Harley helped me dress some clothes because mine with bloody. She gave me a pair of dark blue shorts, a dark green top and a pair of black short boots.

“Can you walk, cutie pie?” Harley asked me grabbing my hand and helping me up.

“I guess, but my legs hurt a lot.” I said while going with her.

“Come on girlies! We have a mission!!” The Joker yelled from the doorway.

“Fantastic.” I mumbled under my breath, looking down. When I looked at the doorway The Joker wasn’t there anymore but he was picking me up.

“Angel don’t get me wrong but your weak now, so let your favorite clown help.” The Joker said grinning at me while carrying me, bridal style.

I rested my head in his chest and Harley was walking on our side. She seemed so sad but she still smiled at me, how could someone love him and not understand that he doesn’t like her the same way? I thought observing her.

I saw Sca, Kiz and Red with their masks though I only knew who Red was because of the hair. Red’s mask had orange lips, red circles around the eyes and of course white face. Red went to the middle seats with Harley on his side, Sca and Kiz where in the front seats, one of them driving and The Joker took me again to the back. This was intimidating.

“Where are we going?” I asked after about an hour on the van.

“Getting curious already? You’ll see.” The Joker said grinning and looking into my eyes again.

His dark eyes could show so much and yet so less. There was a man that I couldn’t understand but I knew that he understood me. Half an hour later the van parked in the back of an old building and The Joker took me by the wrist at his side. His makeup was at it’s best as so has Harley’s.

“You know what to do.” The Joker said and took a gun from his coat, my eyes widened.

“Don’t worry, it’s not for you… yet.” The Joker said caressing my cheek laughing.

He looked at Harley and her breathing almost stopped. She grabbed me gently by the arm and started guiding me. The 4 men were in front of us walking until we reached ‘National Gotham Bank’ andI raised an eyebrow. The Joker never talked about money and now we’re about to enter a bank.

BANG

“Good afternoon ladies and gents!” The Joker said smiling at everyone, while all the people panicked inside the bank. Red, Sca and Kiz were pointing their guns at everyone.

"Sca take care of the money.” The Joker said pointing his gun at the security guard who looked directly at me.

“Kiz! The alarm!” The Joker yelled at Kiz and he ran outside the building to cut the wires.

“Let’s get the show started!!” The Joker yelled happily and he started shooting at everyone killing every single person.

Harley was cheering for him and this was my chance. Red was on the main door so that exit was out of the picture. I looked at the security and he looked up. The Joker was still entertained, I looked at Red and he was watching every person so in a second I started running to the stair case.

“WHAT? HARLEY STAY HERE!” I heard the Joker yell from downstairs.

I tried to run faster but my legs couldn’t. I heard sirens getting closer but when they arrived I could be dead so I had to find a way out. I found the plant of the building and the emergency exit was on the other hallway. I started running but then I looked at myself and my legs were bleeding, I turned the corner and The Joker was staring at me covering the emergency exit, I cursed under my breath while he started walking towards me.

“Nice move angel, but not smart enough.” The Joker said laughing and pointing the gun to my head. I was desperately looking at every place to find something to throw at him when I saw a giant window.

An idea came to my mind: jump of the window. I was in the second store but I had to try since I only had two choices jump or get killed. I looked at the window for the second time and The Joker started running towards me. I panicked.

I put on some balance and I jumped through the window, breaking the glass and making some small glasses get into my skin. I was prepared to fall but when I looked I was suspended in the air. I looked up and The Joker was holding my hand stopping me from falling.

“Not so fast angel.” The Joker said grinning and starting to pull me up.

“Joker let her go!” I heard Jim’s voice on the megaphone yell. I started crying. Freedom was one step ahead but this dumbass wouldn’t let me go.

“No! You’re not bringing me back let me go!” I cried out.

“Bad choice of words.” The Joker said letting my hand go.

“ASH!” I heard Jim yell, someone picked me up and I looked at his face, it was Jim.

“Jim!” I cried out holding to his neck tightly.

“Come on.” he said picking me up bridal style and running with me in his arms away from the Joker.

I was sitting inside a police car, I looked at the window and The Joker was there waving. Minutes later the building exploded and The Joker was gone.

~~Hours later~~

I woke up in a hospital bed. I had fainted because of the blood loss, I looked at my arm and I was receiving blood, my legs were bandaged as so has my left hand. I was breathing lightly, freedom. Well the hospital wasn’t freedom but not seeing the Joker was weird. WHAT? What’s happening to me? Why is my first thought on him? Suddenly a nurse came in the room greeting me excitedly.

“Hello Ashley. Don’t worry you’re safe now. Your father if waiting outside but you can go home now. We successfully took all the glasses from your skin but I’m afraid that this scar will stay forever.” she said pointing at the ‘J’ scar on my right wrist, I nodded with my head and I did my best to smile at her. She helped me up and then I dressed some clothes my father had brought.

“Alright Ashley ready?” the nurse asked putting her hand around the door knob.

“Ready.” I said, she opened the door and my father immediately entered the room hugging me tightly.

“Dad…” I said tears rolling down my cheeks. I had wanted this more than anything. I was resting my head in his shoulder and I could hear him cry, after all I was his only daughter.

“There’s someone else to see you.” my father said smiling at me. Moments later Bruce entered the room, my eyes sparkled at his sight.

“Ley!” Bruce said hugging me carefully, I hugged him back kissing his both cheeks and smiling.

Alfred came in with a giant tulip bouquet to give me I hugged him too and then Rachel.

“Dad.” I said on my way home inside my dad’s car.

“Yes Ashley?” my father said smiling widely.

“How’s Lenny?” I asked.

“Desperate to see you.” my father said.

I picked up the news paper my father ahd on the back seat. I had been a week on that freaking place! First page:

‘Gotham City’s DA Harvey Dent gladly confirmed the rescuing of the hostage from The Joker’s hands. The National Gotham Bank rubbery was lead by The Joker and by the witnesses the girl jumped of the window to reach the police. After been rescued by the police, the building exploded and The Joker disappeared with his henchmen.’ I was already on the news not good.

‘Harvey Dent has also talked about the operation that is being held and that made the police catch all the mob leaders and charge them. Now another priority is the Joker.’ I read the end of the article.

Moments later I entered my house and an overwhelming feeling came over me.

“Ash?” Lenny said appearing from the living room. I smiled widely.

Lenny had medium blond hair, dark brown eyes, he was lightly tanned and taller than me. I walked over to him and he hugged me tightly raising my feet from the ground. I was truly happy to see him, he was my best friend since I could remember.

We all had dinner, including Bruce, Alfred, Rachel and Harvey. I was happy but still something felt wrong. While everyone was chatting about the news I went to the balcony to watch the stars, something I didn’t do for a long time.

“Mind if I join?” I heard Bruce’s voice ask, I nodded and I felt his hot breath on my neck.

“Listen Ley, there’s something important I should have told you.” Bruce said spinning me gently making me look at him. I looked into his eyes and my heart started to race, we were so close.

“I love you.” Bruce said smiling nervously. He was very reserved and quiet so listening to him saying what he felt was amazing to me.

I smiled. It was the only thing I wanted to hear and the only thing that could make me a little happy.

“Oh god. I... I love you too!” I said shyly making Bruce chuckle and lean towards me.

Our lips collided and we stayed there. It was surprising how much I had desired this. I deepened the kiss, I needed this though the sensation of The Joker’s lips on my cheeks came to my mind. We broke apart smiling at each other.

Everyone started to leave and my father convinced me to stay in his mansion, sleeping on my former bedroom. I climbed the stairs and I entered my room. My window was open so I walked to it and I closed it but I left the curtain open.

The Joker’s P.O.V

“Bad choice of words.” I said releasing Ashley and watching her fall to the ground. Her face was in the middle of fear and happiness. She hugged Gordon tightly and looked at me, I waved at her.

Now we’re talking. I thought grinning to myself while pushing the button and putting the bank in a bunch of flames.

She entered Gotham’s General Hospital. She looked peaceful. I was alone in an alleyway watching her come hours later hanging out to her father, Lucius Fox and right behind her that Wayne guy. I hated him. She would be mine even if that meant killing her loved ones.

I kept observing everything she did. Dinner with Harvey Dent… Interesting. My Ashley was way more interesting than I thought she would be. What is this? What is that son of a bitch doing in the balcony with her? I had to control myself she couldn’t know I was watching her. They are KISSING? Oh when I get my hands on her little body I thought looking at her.

Minutes later everyone left and she went to her former bedroom. I was in a corner of her balcony. The curtain was open and if I was lucky enough I would see her change.Her skin was bruised but still looked beautiful. She moved her clothes carefully, she’s so delicate. She examined her bandages and then she dressed a pair of black pajama pants and a white top. She hasn’t notice my gift on her bed, yet. I thought grinning

Ashley’s P.O.V

After dressing some random clothes to sleep on I noticed something on my bed. I looked better at it and it was a clown doll with some lipstick on the lips making the smile bigger just like The Joker’s smile. I started shaking and I shook my head when I saw a piece of paper next to the doll.

‘This is not our end Angel.’ I ripped the paper to pieces with tears in my eyes.

What have I done to have this man behind me?

The Joker’s P.O.V

I was doing my best to not burst out laughing. I took my lipstick from my coat and I wrote on the window ‘Why so Serious?’. I knocked on the glass making Ashley look at the window.

Ashley’s P.O.V

I glanced at the window and I saw what I thought to be impossible, The Joker. He laughed and disappeared like the wind. I shook my head but the sentence was still there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment :D

I'm really interested in knowing everyone's thoughts about this story