Status: Complete

You Are My Favorite Joke

Chapter 15

Ashley’s P.O.V

After Dr. Rain took me to my car I speed off home. After the message I was dead scared of just looking out of the window. I sat on my bed rocking myself back and forth, this was getting extreme. I wasn’t scared like that sense my early life when I was 5 years old.

Well when I was around 5 years old, I absolutely loved clowns I still do now at least until The Joker came along but that’s for later. One day I asked my dad to take me to a circus, a typical circus nothing fancy. I remember those times, my dad was the closest person to me and he still is. In that time he was much younger and he worked for Bruce’s father but he didn't have an important job, he was the ‘rookie’ of the Wayne Enterprises though my father and Thomas Wayne became close friends quickly which made me and Bruce friends too though I’m younger.

About the circus: when we went, the clowns were the ‘main event’ so they were the last. They asked the children to put their hands in the air so they would choose 2 of them to join them in a trick, I was picked. A clown with white face, red lips and green circles around his eyes took me by my little hand and I got the chance to ride a giant bike. This number was different because suddenly tigers went to the arena with nobody to handle them. By that time the clowns were making tricks with various objects and splashing each other but before anyone could laugh screams were heard and when I turned a giant tiger jumped on me ready to attack, I was paralyzed and tears were doing my face but before he could bite me a man dressed like a magician appeared.

He threw knifes at the tiger just to scare him, it actually worked and soon enough the circus crew took both tigers inside. And as far as I can remember the magician’s reaction to my face was quiet laughter, laughter that made me shiver just like The Joker’s.

I shook my head at his memory. Why do I keep bringing memories of him back? I was 5 back then and more than 10 years have past, I might be messing everything. In search for a way out of this tension built around me. I fought in my head but I finally fell asleep.

~~The next morning~~

I woke up and I looked around myself, I sleept another night safely on my room. I stood up from my 4 posted bed and I went towards the bathroom. Jim would be here around 12am so I had 1 hour.

“Miss, you really should eat more.” Amelia said while putting the laundry on the washing machine.

“Amie, I’m fine.” I said smiling at her.

“You’re beginning to get too skinny.” Amelia said looking at me with worry all over her face.

“Don’t worry. I promise I’ll eat something when I’m with Jim okay?” I said hugging her while going to my room.

I put on a grey long sleeved shirt, a black and grey stripped hoodie, a pair of dark blue jeans and a pair of black Vans. I grabbed my mobile phone and I shoved it inside my jeans pocket.

About one hour later Jim and I were already in the street where the speeches were going to be made, policemen were lining themselves perfectly with guns in their hands while a large number of other officers searched the buildings for a matter of security.

A band behind the tiny stage started to play announcing that The Mayor was going to speak, everyone’s head’s turned to him while he talked about Batman, Gotham City and other issues. After 30 minutes of speech he finally gave away and Harvey Dent climbed to the stage to speak. In that precise moment Lenny appeared on my side.

“Sorry for being late.” Lenny said kissing my cheek hesitantly, I kissed his cheek and smiled warmly while Jeremy also appeared on my side, he had come with Lenny for sure. Maybe because Rose went to a interview for a job.

“Don’t worry you didn’t miss anything.” I said caressing Jeremy’s cheek smiling at him.

After Harvey finished he and The Mayor shook hands and the man in line prepared to fire their guns to the air in the end of the National anthem. Lenny grabbed my hand quickly.

BANG.

My eyes widened and everyone started to run in every direction, I looked towards Lenny and he was gone. I looked at the stage and a look of horror spread across my face, The Mayor had been pushed to the ground and Jim was lying on the floor with a gun shot mark on his chest, I took Jeremy’s hand in mine and I tried to find a safe place for him.

I saw Harvey and Rachel being dragged by police officers so I called Harvey and he spotted me, I pointed at him and I took Jeremy to him.

“What are you doing?” Harvey asked holding Jeremy next to him.

“Please give him to his mother Rose Harden.” I said running to the stage looking for Jim.

Gun shots were still heard and people screams but for me the most horrifying was Jim Gordon’s lifeless face resting in my hands.

“JIM!” I yelled slapping him lightly.

“Ashley RUN!” I heard Harvey scream but I didn’t do anything, I was staying at Jim’s side. He had protected The Mayor like he always said he would.

I started crying and then I felt a huge force pull me up by my arms and an arm go around my shoulder pulling me.

“NO! JIM!” I said fighting to get back, but the man apparently a policeman didn’t let me go

“Let me go, I have to help him.” I snapped looking at the man’s face.

My jaw dropped, scars on the sides of his face making his smile bigger, his eyes able to cut my skin and a smirk. The Joker. He pulled me over his shoulder and then ran to a dark alleyway.

“I guess I’m a man of my word. Hello angel.” The Joker said throwing me to the ground making my head collapse with the hard street floor.

“Did you really think that you could escape? FROM ME?” The Joker yelled kicking my stomach making me scream in pain.

“I sure missed your screams angel.” The Joker said kneeling down and punching my jaw hard. I bit my lip in an attempt to keep my pain inside but this was too much.

“Why? Just leave me alone.” I said trying to stand up.

“I can’t leave you alone. I like making you suffer and now you made the clown mad and you see THIS CLOWN DOESN’T LIKE BEING MAD BECAUSE OF HIS TOY!” The Joker said pulling me by the shirt and then slamming me against the hard wall.

My head hit the wall violently and the last thing I saw were The Joker’s angry eyes.

Bruce’s P.O.V

I was helping people run away when I realized that the most important person wasn’t here, Ashley. I searched for Jim Gordon and I saw him getting transported into an ambulance, this meant trouble.

I tried to find the cause of the shooting and I found a gun on a rooftop just shooting not aimed. I disarmed it and the sound stopped, everyone stopped on their feet. Police officers started organizing people and sending them home while I tried to find Ashley.

Lucius Fox P.O.V

I was staring at the TV watching closely. The speech Harvey was supposed to make turned into a shooting party. I watched hoping to see Ashley running away but none of that.

‘Now for the latest news. Police officers admit that Ashley Fox might have been kidnapped today. Evidences around the mechanism that was shooting prove that The Joker was on the scene and the young architecture might have been kidnapped once again. Nobody remembers seeing her but a witness confirms that a man dressed like a police man took her away from Commissioner Jim Gordon’s body.’ The reporter announced.

I stood from my chair and went to my lab, I had installed a chip on Ashley’s mobile phone that would allow me to see where she was.

'Searching…’ Appeared on the screen, I just hoped this worked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment, I would be really happy if you did