Status: Complete

You Are My Favorite Joke

Chapter 16

Batman’s P.O.V

I was on a rooftop observing every street searching for Ashley but nothing, I felt so frustrated and most of all an idiot. I protected everyone else besides the woman I love but Alfred warned me: ‘Batman has no loved ones. He saves everyone equally’. It wasn’t that easy. Bruce had feelings that for Batman were an obstacle to his job. Protecting Gotham, protect a city of people that doubt on the Batman.

I sighed. Every person had vanished from this part of the city. My Bat shaped mobile vibrated, only Lucius Fox and Jim Gordon could contact me through this, it had an address.

‘FIND ASHLEY’ it said bellow the address. I immediately started flying to the suburb. The address took me to a warehouse.

Ashley’s P.O.V

“WAKE UP!” a voice yelled in my ears slapping my left cheek.

My eyes snapped open and a huge pain took over my head. I blinked while adjusting to the amount of lights in front of me. I tried to move but I found myself with my hands and feet both tied to a chair. I thought I was dreaming, it couldn’t be but my head hurt so much though I didn’t see anyone in front of me.

“Finally awaken…” The Joker’s high pitched voice announced while a purple hand made its way behind my neck. He appeared from behind me and I was unable to move. I screamed ‘NO’ in my head, fear growing inside me. This couldn’t be happening.

“Angel! I have a surprise for you!” The Joker said grabbing the chair where I was sitting and taking it to the front of a TV screen. I tried to scan the room but the lights didn’t let me see anything besides myself, the TV and The Joker’s body.

“Your dear Batman…” The Joker said turning the TV and an empty warehouse appeared on the screen.

The Batman entered the warehouse and he was examining it. He had something so familiar in him even the way he walked, it may sound strange but I felt like if I knew him. Jesus! The Joker was making me imagine things, me knowing the Batman? Only if I was lucky enough.

Suddenly a little red light, in a shape of a dot started to ‘bip’ and in a matter of seconds the warehouse imploded in flames. Tears fell down my face, was my hope gone? Then all came to my head. Jim! Was he dead? And Jeremy was he okay? And Lenny my best friend who vanished and I had no idea to where. I was worried with everyone else besides me, I had always been like that, always.

“It’s so wonderful to see all your hopes go away with every tear you drop.” The Joker said smiling victoriously, grabbing my chin forcing me to look at him.

“You’re still so beautiful but more scared now. I like that!” The Joker said punching my face making the chair fall to the ground bringing my body along. I cried silently.

“Cutie pie…” Harley’s sweet concerned voice said and her figure appeared.

She untied me and helped me. I noticed that blood drops were falling from my face, my lip was open. I was back at the hideout, Harley took me to the Joker’s room, the place that brought so much bad memories back.

She sat me on the sofa and went to the bathroom. I looked at myself and I was still with the same clothes but my wrists had marks around them, the ropes had caused them. They had dark purple marks around them I guess the ropes were too tight, he didn’t want me to run away again.

Batman’s P.O.V{/b]

I had escaped the explosion for a thin matter of seconds. I realized I was being watched when everything was too silent. He had left the mobile there on purpose and he had put a bomb on it so it exploded. Damn it! What am I supposed to say to Lucius? He trusts me to save Ashley and I have no clue where she is.

Rose Harden’s P.O.V

I was walking on the street when I saw the news on a TV in a shop. Ashley was there with Jeremy! Oh My God! I started running to the police station.

“Please is my son… Jeremy Harden here?” I yelled at the woman in the reception.

“Yes follow me.” she said politely and taking me to a room where Jeremy was sitting.

“Jeremy.” I said kneeling down and hugging my son tightly. I looked around but Ashley wasn’t there.

“He took Ashley mom, I saw him.” Jeremy said, I looked at him and then at the investigator who had been with Jeremy on the room.

“Your son told us that he saw The Joker take Ashley Fox. We have enough evidence to say that he was the one who shot at the civilians. His purpose was only to take her and create fear in Gotham.” a woman with her hair in a bun, glasses and a card with her name ‘Dr. Rain’ on her chest said.

“Is there anything I can do to help?” I asked.

“We appreciate your offer but we can’t involve people important to Ashley, it’s too dangerous. We don’t know what the Joker might do” Dr. Rain said.

With that said I grabbed Jeremy’s hand and we went to our new apartment near Mr. Fox’s mansion.

Ashley’s P.O.V

Harley had bandaged my wrists which had been painful and she left me on The Joker’s room all by myself.

“Kid your back.” I heard Red’s voice say.

I looked at the door and he was standing there.

“Not that I wanted.” I said trying to move a little.

“When he wants something he gets it, you should know that.” Red said smirking.

“RED!” The Joker’s voice yelled on the hallway, I shivered in my spot he was very near.

“Get your ass away from her!” The Joker said punching Red right in the jaw and then closing the door behind him.

I was staring at him not daring to move.

“Angel we have so much to talk about.” The Joker said smiling.

“Like for example the fact that you kissed the billionaire.” The Joker said pouting his lips and looking at me.

I froze, how did he know? I was screwed.

“Who do YOU BELONG TO?” The Joker asked grabbing me by the collar of my shirt and pinning me to the wall.

I didn’t answer. Suddenly a knife appeared in his right hand.

“Answer me.” The Joker said pinning my right arm to the wall and pulling the sleeve of my jacket off exposing the ‘J’ scar. He smiled at it and then pointed the knife making another scar with an ‘O’ shape below the ‘J’ scar.

I screamed in pain and tears went down my face, I tried to kick him but I panicked at the amount of blood I was loosing. The Joker finished my newest scar and then he threw me to the other wall making me collapse and cry even more.

Nell’s P.O.V

“Man you have to calm down.” Red said.

I was about to burst into The Joker’s room and make up some excuse so he stops beating her. I can hear her screams from here.

“He’s beating her because she ran away but if she didn’t he would have killed her!” I said punching the wall with my fist.

“She ran away and he wants to make her suffer for not obeying him.” Red said.

She would never obey, she was too proud of herself. The Joker was just pleasing himself because Harley ‘wasn’t good enough’.

The Joker’s P.O.V

I watched intently Ashley’s every move, she was bleeding from her right wrist and from her nose. She was dizzy and probably almost blacking out. She tried to stand up but she failed and passed out. I felt like a new man, this angel made wonders.

When Ashley first ran away, I beat the hell out of Harley but she still smiled and tried to kiss me later but then I simply told her that she was like a boxing bag and that she wasn’t good enough. I was so angry that even if I had beaten her up every day I wouldn’t be satisfied, I wanted new screams, new tears and new blood: Ashley’s.

She was so perfect, so new, so refreshing. Harley was becoming a kind of stalker, she wanted attention but I did everything to get ride of her but she came back every time, she was annoying. While Ashley wanted desperately to run away and not face her feelings. She hides herself behind the ‘good girl’ mask but deeply inside she can do great things and one of them will be joining me, though she’s full of sick morals.

I picked Ashley up and I placed her in my bed, hurting her now will do me no good. I’ll have to wait for the angel to wake up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment :)