Status: Complete

You Are My Favorite Joke

Chapter 18

Ashley’s P.O.V

I eventually fell asleep but I woke up by the sound of gun shots filling the air and hysterical laugh. I blinked my eyes a few times before the door was unlocked and opened.

“Blue eyes I’m back!” The Joker said excitedly throwing a black bag to the floor and walking towards me.

“You’ve been a good girl?” The Joker asked pulling me up by the handcuffs.

“Of course I was! How am I supposed to run with these on?” I said waving the handcuffs in the air.

“You’re not supposed to, that’s the point.” The Joker said laughing, taking his coat off and pulling his sleeves up, his make up was missing in some parts of his forehead showing his tanned skin.

“Now let’s have some fun.” The Joker said grinning evilly, I started to shake while he took of his knife again.

He took my wrist in his hand and it was healed, he smiled to himself and when he was about to do something to my right wrist Sca burst into the room.

“Boss… There’s something that interests you on TV.” he said.

The Joker groaned in frustration and started to walk, taking me along.

Harvey Dent’s P.O.V

I have to do this, Jim’s dead, Ashley was taken again all because of The Joker’s demands. I have to do something. I called a press conference to discuss the security of Gotham after another bank rubbery, this time performed successfully by the Joker.

“Good afternoon. I know that all of the news talk about The Joker’s rubbery but the truth is that, that wasn’t the start. It all started when he demanded Batman to show himself, which will happen because Batman is in this same room. I am the Batman.” I said looking firmly at every reporter in front of me.

Nobody moved, they were all just staring. Finally a police man handcuffed me and took me out.

“What are you doing?” Rachel asked me.

“The right thing.” I said kissing her deeply and giving her my ’lucky’ coin.

Ashley’s P.O.V

Right after the words ‘I’m the Batman’ I was dragged to The Joker’s van. He was laughing like crazy and he was also happy finally he had found out who Batman was.

We were in this oversized van with a lot of guns of different types on it and I was still handcuffed, this was a very good thing indeed. When I realized where I was, I panicked. We were chasing the van that was taking Harvey to jail and The Joker, Sca, Kizz, Red and the new guy were just shooting at it with every gun they could. My biggest problem was that I couldn’t hang on to anything because I was handcuffed so there was a possible chance to fall from the van because of the high speed that Harley was driving.

This was the biggest mess ever, but it got worse when Harley made a crazy maneuver and the van almost crashed into 3 cars, I screamed while almost falling from the van but an arm was quickly placed around my waist pushing me up.

“Can’t you just be quiet for a minute?” The Joker said harshly, but smirking. He had saved my life, great.

“If I wasn’t handcuffed maybe I wouldn’t bother anyone!” I said in frustration.

The Joker laughed and threw me a key, but unfortunately Harley made another sudden move and the key fell out of my hands and out of the van. I was about to stretch my hands to try to catch it but The Joker stopped me, smiling.

“This is going to be interesting.” The Joker said pointing his gun between my hands and breaking the chain uniting the handcuffs. My hands moved freely, but I still had a handcuff around each wrist. I looked at him with a surprised look.

“Now come here.” he said pushing me to his side and kneeling me down, he towered over me. He had a bazooka in his hands, my eyes widened and then I saw it all in a very fast P.O.V. The Joker fired the bazooka but he missed because the police’s van was already on the street and in our opposite side.

“Harley TURN!” The Joker yelled, and the van made another tight move sending me flying but before I could The Joker grabbed me again, like a feather.

Suddenly Batman appeared in a motorcycle and he passed right throw us, but before I saw anything else, I saw the van turn upside down. I closed my eyes and I felt being embraced. I opened my eyes minutes later, to find myself being lifted by The Joker, I had hit with my head and I was dizzy. He threw me to the floor and I saw him standing, holding a gun observing the Batman from far.

“Come on. Hit me!” The Joker yelled pointing the gun and shooting at the ground. Batman was riding his motorcycle towards him at full speed.

I was kneeling down and I hugged my head in a protective move when I heard a loud ‘crash’. I opened my eyes and I saw the Batman on the floor. He had missed the Joker for inches. The Joker smiling evilly and he started to walk towards Batman.

“You missed!” The Joker mocked but before he could move, a crew of policemen and Jim Gordon jumped on him the van where Harvey was supposed to be pulling The Joker to the ground. The Batman stood up and walked towards me.

The Joker didn’t laugh, this wasn’t funny for him at all. His eyes stared at me while my eyes widened at the sight of Jim Gordon.

“Jim?” I said with tears already filling my eyes.

“Don’t worry.” Batman’s deep voice said while he lifted me up in his arms.

“He is… He’s alive.” I said crying but smiling at the same time.

The Joker wasn’t smiling his eyes never left me, he was giving me such a furious stare that I was shaking just to feel him look at me. He could be so scary when he wanted. He didn’t seem surprised at Jim’s ‘comeback’ maybe he already knew and he made all of that just to see if I would kill him or not.

I was taken to the police station because Jim insisted that it was safer for now because The Joker’s henchmen had successfully ran away.

“We’ll be going home soon angel.” The Joker said when he passed throw me to his cell. I looked at the ground hiding my face from him while Jim put his arm around my shoulder protectively.

I was sent home, but with a patrol surrounding my father’s house this time. I hadn’t realized this but I was kidnapped for almost 2 days. Is The Joker loosing it? He could have killed me so many times, but he always chose to mark me because that hurt me, if he killed me he would never get satisfied.

When I got home, everyone went crazy.

“Ashley!” my father yelled hugging me tightly.

After a warm reception, I went upstairs. My clothes were horrible and I examined my body, bruised, a part of my right leg had dry blood on it probably from all the ‘flying’ on the van and of course my new scar. I smirked at it. The Joker was arrested, I thought I would be relieved but I felt more unsafe than ever