Status: Complete

You Are My Favorite Joke

Chapter 2

The next morning I woke up earlier than usual. That image kept on my mind with the clown that seemed so familiar. I dressed a pair of dark jeans and a black t-shirt, I was going to Gotham City to take breakfast with my father and talk to him. He was going to insist on the ‘fantastic chance’ like he called it Bruce was giving me. My father was always talking about Bruce like if he wanted to tell me something over and over again but I couldn’t understand what he meant.

I drove my car to the company’s building. The securities saw my identification has Lucius Fox daughter and they let me park my car inside. When I got out of the car my father was in the entrance waiting.

“Here’s my favorite rebel.” My father said opening his arms and hugging me tightly.

“Hi dad!” I said excitedly hugging him back.

We smiled at each other and he guided me to the company’s buffet. We sat on one of the tables and we were served.

“How’s Miss Oliver doing?” My father asked.

“Good actually but becoming older. Her son hasn't show up for 5 months and I don’t know what she will do with the business.” I said zipping a bit of my coffee. My father shook his head and I looked with confusion at him.

“You worry too much.” My father said making me smile.

“It’s my nature I just can’t pretend.” I said sighing deeply.

My dark blue eyes started to look for Bruce but no sign of him, my dad giggled cleaning his mouth.

“He’s joining us in about 30 seconds.” My dad said looking at his watch. He always impressed me with his calculations, he was very intelligent and he knew me too well.

In 30 seconds exactly Bruce appeared, with a white shirt under his expensive black suit. He was handsome and when he saw me he smiled brightly coming towards our table. I blushed cleaning my mouth and standing but before I did a hand landed on my shoulder.

“Ley, don’t stand I’m the one to bow.” Bruce said bowing and kissing my hand, I smiled at him and I stood up. I gave him two kisses one on each cheek my father just looked at us quite amused at the sight he was having.

Although he never told me directly I knew he would love to have his little daughter marry Bruce Wayne but Bruce’s type of woman was a top model and I was very far from it. I had my goods but nothing compared with the friends he took to parties.

“Lucius.” Bruce said shaking my fathers' hand and then sitting with us. They were talking about work but something that involved my department.

I had studied Architecture and they were talking about helping another company come back. They had debts to pay so their doors where closed but Bruce wanted to rise them up.

“Ley if I ask you just to do some scratches could you? Nothing with contract just a friend’s favor.” Bruce asked, I looked at my father and nodded with my head.

“Well gentlemen this was a fabulous breakfast but I’m afraid I have to go to work.” I said, Bruce stood up immediately and my father followed me to the company’s door.

“I’ll come here next Monday with some ideas.” I said kissing Bruce’s two cheeks again while he wrapped his arms around my waist hugging me.

“Thank you.” He whispered in my ear, I blushed and smiled at him. He went to his office with a huge smile on his beautiful face while my father accompanied me to my car with a grin in his face.

“Dad please...” I said shaking my head making my father laugh.

“Dear you can’t fool me. Fool yourself has long as you want but you know that what I’m thinking is true.” My dad said touching my nose with his index finger.

I smiled and I hugged him before I got inside the car and I went to the dark streets of Gotham City.

The Joker's P.O.V

I was observing every step of her morning. How could I never have noticed her before? She seemed very close with the rich boy, just perfect, but there's more she was very beautiful and she seemed intelligent.

Last night I noticed her cleaning glasses behind a counter. I didn’t dare entering the bar I was just observing my new ‘object’. Long chocolate brown hair, dark blue eyes, tanned and slim she seemed just too perfect. When she was finsihed I just approached her on the street but she didn’t seem to recognize me, in fact she was focused on my tricks and she seemed to like them. She was different.

What was a girl that worked in a bar doing on such a big company? I questioned her reasons while observing her talking with a man.

“Boss… what’s the plan now?” Red asked.

“To the van without causing too much of a SHOW!” I said laughing hysterically while going down the elevator. Harley and the other two henchmen men were waiting for me and Red.

“Come on! We have something to do!” I announced sitting on the driver’s seat with an evil grin on my face.