Status: Complete

You Are My Favorite Joke

Chapter 20

Jim Gordon’s P.O.V

We had found Ashley on an alleyway near the police station. She had been shot on the back and she was lucky that the bullet didn’t damage her lungs. Batman had rescued Harvey but his face was 50% burned and Rachel died.

The news were on and a young man from Wayne Enterprises was claiming that he knew who the Batman was and that he was to tell all of Gotham but before he could, someone called interfering the interview and by the looks of things it was The Joker saying that he must die or a hospital would blow up. I immediately started giving orders and sending my officers to check every hospital and evacuate them. While I protected the guys of the news and went to Gotham General.

Ashley’s P.O.V

I woke up, in a plain white room. I was lying in a white bed with bandages all over me and I was receiving blood. I tried to move my legs but just breathing hurt me, I looked at my left side and someone was holding my hand and looking at me excitedly.

“Ashley can you hear me?” Harvey’s voice called, he seemed to be so distant.

“Harvey?” I said but I was too weak. I blinked and my vision became better and I regained some senses. I heard people screaming and running across the hall.

I was in a hospital bed and I had Harvey Dent looking at me, but he was also wearing hospital clothes. He turned all of his face to me and his left side was completely burned.

“Finally.” he said in a pissed tone, this wasn’t Harvey.

“Harvey what happened?” I asked trying to remember.

“You got shot and I got fucked.” he said smiling evilly, like if he was enjoying my suffering.

“Now I need you that’s why I’m not going to kill you. You have to tell me where The Joker is.” Harvey said.

“I don’t know. I ran away from him and then I woke up here.” I said.

“DON’T LIE TO ME ASHLEY!” Harvey hissed getting closer to me.

Suddenly a very weird nurse came into the room, she was dressed in a normal nurse outfit but her body didn’t fit well.

“Looking for me?” the nurse said taking her mask off to reveal to be The Joker.

I looked blankly at him trying to not laugh at his nurse outfit. He closed the room’s door and Harvey stood up ready to fight with him.

“Hey, White Knight sit down!” The Joker said pointing a gun at Harvey.

“You look handsome!” I said laughing at The Joker. Harvey had just threatened my life and I was laughing!

“I’m always handsome.” The Joker said smirking at me and beginning to take all the things attached to the machines so I could move.

“Madam we need to a leave” a police officer said opening the door but The Joker turned to him and he shot him right in the head.

“Stop it!” Harvey yelled grabbing The Joker by the collar making The Joker laugh.

“Look when you and..” The Joker started.

“RACHEL” Harvey yelled breathing furiously.

“Rachel were kidnapped I was in Gordon’s cage.” The Joker finished.

“Your man your plan. ” Harvey hissed eyeing the Joker with hate and revenge in his voice.

“Do I really look like a guy with a plan?” The Joker said messing his hair.

“You know what I am? I’m a dog chasing cars, I wouldn’t know what to do if I caught one!” The Joker said looking at me every once and then, I kept quiet observing what was happening.

Harvey’s eyes didn’t lie, he wanted revenge and The Joker was getting a way to run with his ass between his legs, he doesn’t want to kill Harvey it’s too easy.

“I just do things… The mob has plans, cops have plans, and Gordon has got plans why? They want to control their little worlds, I’m not like them in fact I want to show them how pathetic their attempts to control really are.” The Joker said.

He had a gift, the more he talked the more Harvey seemed to get calmer.

“So when I say that it wasn’t personal, I mean it.” The Joker said looking deep into Harvey’s eyes, the tension was killing me but I didn’t dare moving. Suddenly Harvey jumped into The Joker but The Joker grabbed him and tackled him to the floor grabbing Harvey’s hands.

“I just took your plan and I turned it on itself, including an extra gift. Just introduce a little anarchy” The Joker said giving his gun to Harvey and pointing it to his own forehead.

I gasped in surprise.

“Upset the established order and everything becomes… chaos! I’m an agent of chaos. Oh and thing about chaos it’s fear.” The Joker looking at me again, at this point I was trying to sit though my legs were killing me and his eyes could pierce my skin.

“You live… you die…” Harvey said showing his lucky coin.

“Now we’re talking.” The Joker said smiling wickedly. I was observing all of that, and they were just so alike now that it made me goose bumps. Harvey threw the coin in the air and my eyes widened, The Joker’s life was at risk because of a coin? Was he insane? To be honest he’s already insane.

“You’re lucky but maybe she isn’t.” Harvey said turning his attention to me and throwing the coin in the air, fear ran all over me.

“Your lucky will end.” Harvey said standing up and handing me the coin.

“And in that day I will get this back.” he said pushing me and leaving the room. The Joker stood there smiling happily at my sight.

“Do you mind?” I yelled when he picked me up in his arms and gave me some kind of remote control.

The Joker laughed and he continued to carry me.

“Push the button blue eyes.” The Joker said and I did has told and the hospital started to blow up.

I got scared so I rested my head deeper in his chest feeling The Joker tight his grip on me.

“Red hold her for a minute.” The Joker and I looked around me to find myself outside.

The Gotham General was burning and the building fell in 5 minutes to ruins.

“Miss Fox!” a police officer yelled while Red was pushing me slowly to the van’s seat.

“Don’t you see she needs rest?!” The Joker yelled shooting him between the eyes, a low scream came from my mouth while I covered my eyes, The Joker laughed.

“Come here.” The Joker pulling me towards him so he was holding like a baby though my legs were on the seat beside us.

He started stroking my hair too gently for his natural behavior but I fell asleep without a second thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment :D