Status: Complete

You Are My Favorite Joke

Chapter 39

I ran and ran the fastest I could towards Bruce’s mansion. This had to be over even if that meant putting my life to an end. Only that thought make me goose bumps but I had to do what needed to be done.

Only my children were in my mind, I had to do what was best for them, what was best best for us. A new life sounded perfect but knowing The Joker he would just burst out of nowhere to scatter everything into pieces.

“Ashley?” Alfred said his mouth half open.

“Alfred!” I yelled hugging him, while he closed the door carefully.

“Who is it?” Bruce asked while coming down the stairs with a little body in his arms.

I stared at him and he stared at me, I really should look awful.

“Ashley?” He asked his voice almost fading.

He placed the baby in Alfred’s arms.

“No.. Alice please…” I stretched my arms forward.

Bruce placed Alice in my arms while silent tears went down my cheeks and I kissed her forehead.

“It’s alright.” Bruce said embracing me.

“No… this will be over soon.” I said shaking and sniffing.

I caressed Alice’s sleeping face and I placed her in Alfred’s arm kissing her cheek carefully.

“What happened?” Bruce asked.

“Bruce I am sorry.” I started.

“I used you, I love you but I don’t know what happens to me. Wherever The Joker is around I am all different and I am sorry for that. I don’t regret anything we did together, I…” I said but Bruce’s lips cut me off while he kissed me passionately pulling me more towards him.

“You married me even if you only loved a part of Bruce but you accepted Bruce and Batman. I love you.” He said pulling me towards him again.

“I don’t have much time, promise me something.” I said looking into his eyes.

“I will protect you this time, even if I die he won’t take you.” He said groaning in anger.

“NO!” I said grabbing his face.

“I need you to take care of them.” I said silently.

“Them?” Bruce asked.

“Alice and Thomas.” I said.

“Who’s Thomas?” Bruce asked.

There I panicked.

“Thomas is my other son! Alice and Thomas are twins I was pregnant with two babies!” I yelled with my hands in the air.

Suddenly someone burst into the room, my father.

“ASHLEY!” He yelled coming towards me quickcly hugging me intensely.

“Dad…” I said hugging him back tightly crying.

“Thomas is so perfect.” He said.

“I need both of you to promise me something.” I said seriously.

“Father promise me you will take good care of Thomas. And you Bruce of Alice. Never let them suffer because their mother is gone. And give this to them when they are ready, it was written by me." I said giving the notebook to my father.

“Gone?” Bruce asked widening his eyes.

“I don’t know what will happen to me when I leave that door. It has to be over Bruce.” I said while my father nodded his head.

“I won’t let you walk towards death.” My father said.

“Dad I won’t stand living in danger and fear for much longer. He is coming I feel it in my skin.” I said.

“But…” He started.

“Just promise.” I said.

“Alright I promise.” My father answered looking down.

“Thank you. I love you dad.” I said hugging him holding my tears.

“Bruce…” I said while his hands went around my waist.

“I promise.” He said calmly.

“Thank you…I…I…” I started while a river of tears went down my cheeks.

Bruce’s lips connected with mine sweetly giving me a loving kiss.

“I love you.” I said wrapping my arms around his neck kissing him passionately.

“I love you too.” He said.

I smiled at him and then I hugged Alfred.

“Where are you going?” Bruce asked.

“Somewhere far.” I said.

How wrong I was…

Suddenly I heard gun shots, I shivered and I looked at Bruce. He understood and he ran of while I ran in the opposite direction. I ran through the back door when I was tackled down easily.

“Fuck! Let me go!” I squeaed moving my legs up and down.

“Good job.” I heard his voice.

This nightmare wasn’t even near over.

“Just let me fucking go!” I said while I was pulled my by hair to The Joker’s feet.

“This is a record, ran and caught in the same day.” He smiled pulling me up to my feet.

“Joker…” I said.

“This is getting boring.” He pouted.

“Let’s make it fun.” He laughed taking a knife out.

“Bring them.” He announced when Red and Blade appeared tied up.

“Now, let’s play a little game. Did they help you?” He asked smiling sadistically.

“No.” I answered.

“Oh I forgot to mention if you lie they suffer…” He said taking a gun out and shooting Red’s leg making him scream in pain.

“No!” I yelled wanting to run but The Joker’s arm kept me in place.

“Then answer ME!” He yelled.

“I’m not lying!” I said.

“You are I can see it in your eyes!” He said furiously while pushing me to the floor.

“Where were you going?” He asked.

I kept quiet trying to release one of my hands.

“LET ME GO!” I yelled punching The Joker but he kept on top of me laughing hysterically.

“I love when you get feisty!” He yelled pulling my face towards his kissing me.

“Get of her!” Batman’s deep voice yelled and The Joker’s head was kicked and I was able to get up.

“Run.” Batman said.

“But…” I said shaking.

“NOW!” He yelled.

I started running to nowhere when I felt a warm liquid going down my stomach, I stopped to see myself bleeding and then a sharp pain came making me tremble. I placed my hand in my stomach while I spit a thin amout of blood.

I was about to fall on my knees when Harley caught me.

“I’m sorry cutie pie.” She said tears in her eyes.

I noticed she had a gun in her hand and I had a bullet hole in my stomach.

“Harley!” The Joker yelled coming towards us.

He was smiling but then his expression turned to horror.

“What did you do?!” He asked grabbing her by the neck chocking her.

Meanwhile I was slowly lying down on the dusty floor, losing more and more blood. My vision was starting to get blurry and I felt my breathing getting deeper and my eyes were heavy wanting to close.

I was near freedom.

“Ashley, ASHLEY!” The Joker yelled pulling me to my feet shaking me.

“End this.” I said pulling my body towards his practically supporting to his shoulders.

“Please do it, let me go.” I begged resting my head in his shoulders feeling very tired.

“And them?” He asked kissing my neck.

“They are in good hands. Joker I won’t stand this.” I warned him.

“I can’t let you die on me.” He said.

“Please do it.” I begged and he took a knife out.

"Not like this." He groaned placing his arms around my waist while mumbling a song to himself.

His body supported mine while we danced slowly.

"Together?" I asked.

"Forever." He whispered.

I put my hand over his pulling the knife closer to my body.

“I…” He started. “Love you.” He whispered stabbing me in the chest.

“Thank you.” I said closing my eyes peacefully while The Joker caught me in his arms.

Third Person’s P.O.V

Everyone stared in shock, The Joker had just confessed his love for Ashley and at the same time he had killed her. Blade was holding Red’s hand while both cried.

“Harley…” The Joker said coldly bringing Ashley’s body in his arms.

“If I ever see you again you are dead.” He glared passing by her.

The Joker left Ashley’s body at Fox’s mansion and he waited for her father to come and find his dead daughter. As soon as The Joker turned his back Ashley was just a memory, the memory of the most amazing woman to ever play in The Joker’s playground.

2 days later Ashley’s body had been burned to aches and released into the wind.

But will The Joker leave their children alone? To grow up as normal kids and have their normal lives?
♠ ♠ ♠
Final chapter :') Thanks to everyone who supported me in this magnificent experience and I hope all of you stay by my side on the sequel!

I didn't said anything about the end because I wasn't sure but I really like the end and I hope all of you do too :D

Thank you for all the comments and to my 27 subscribers!!