Status: Complete

You Are My Favorite Joke

Chapter 5

Lucius's Fox P.O.V

I was waiting for my daughter to call me like she did every morning but the phone didn’t ring. I sat on my desk staring at Gotham City thinking Was my little girl alright?

“Morning Lucius.” I heard Bruce say. I turned to him, standing up to shake his hand.

“Good morning Mr. Wayne.” I replied sitting again going back to my thoughts on Ashley.

“What’s wrong? I haven't seen you staring like that to Gotham City since Ashley started working on that bar for the first time. You were so worried.” Bruce said looking outside himself.

“She hasn’t called me yet.” I said with worry all over my voice and eyes. This wasn’t good I could feel it.

Bruce looked outside and left, I knew what he was going to do, he was going to search for her. Some hours later I decided to go visit Miss Oliver and ask her. Surprisingly I found the bar closed so I knocked and she opened the door crying.

When she saw me her eyes widened and she just invited me inside.

“Mr. Fox I…I’m sorry. She just disappeared while I was upstairs.” She said wiping her tears away with a tissue and holding my hand tight she wasn’t over yet.

“I found this on the counter.” The old woman said showing me a Joker card. My eyes widened, it couldn’t be possible. I warned her so many times to be careful on this freaking place and now she was possibly kidnapped by the Joker. I stood up and thanked the old lady.

I entered my car and drove while calling Bruce.

“Mr. Wayne I found out that The Joker possibly took her.” I said trying to not yell and not panic.

I parked on my house and entered my ‘lab’, there I tried to trace her cellphone but nothing. It had been destroyed. The Batman appeared beside me examining what I was seeing.

“Any news?” The Batman asked me, I shook my head.

“I think we should let the police know about this.” I said because Jim Gordon had known Ashley since her birth, she was like his older daughter and they spent a lot of time together when her mother decided to leave us.

“Only Gordon and maybe Harvey Dent.” The Batman said leaving. I signed and went towards my car to head for the police station.

Bruce Wayne's P.O.V

Hate was growing of inside me, I lost Rachel to Harvey and I couldn’t let Ashley down not her I liked her too much now to just let her go out of my life. She kept me more balanced even though she had no idea I loved her.

I met her when she was a fresh Architect and Lucius introduced us. I had heard a lot about her but she was more than Lucius said. Full of life, always smiling but behind that a smart girl with goals. When she started working on that bar she earned my respect and my love.

Rachel and Ashley were friends for a long time. Rachel was older than her so that made them a kind of sisters. When Rachel started having a relationship with Harvey, Ashley was immediately introduced and another high supporter of him. She even gave him some ideas for his campaign. She supported the idea of Harvey being the DA and Gotham City’s White Knight but knowing I felt that she was slipping through my fingers and I couldn’t let her down even if she didn’t know that I was the Batman.

All of these thoughts were in my head. The rage took over me and my fist came in contact with the wall several times.

“Master Wayne! Stop it!” Alfred said pulling me away from the wall.

I had never felt so miserable, I couldn’t do anything besides wait for him to send us what he wanted for Ashley.

“What can I do Alfred?” I said sitting on a chair with my head between my hands.

“You have to wait and while you wait maybe collaborate with the police about the mob.” Alfred said.

Gordon’s POV

I was watching a disturbing tape on my office. How could I tell Lucius about this? He was a clever man so he sure knows already. Someone knocked on my door and Lucius appeared looking sad and worried.

“I’m sorry to disturb you Jim but this is serious.” Lucius said shaking my hand.

I had to tell him.

“Lucius we received this.” I said pressing the play button.

A room with light red walls appeared. The person with the camera was walking towards the bed where a girl was lying asleep. The person turned her face and we could see clearly that she was Ashley, a purple gloved hand touched her cheek making visible the cuts she had on both cheeks and the bruises. Then The Joker's face appeared.

‘Well Commissioner Gordon. This is my newest toy. I’m sure you all miss her like the other one! But this time nobody is taking her from me! I found this on her pocket it’s quite interesting don’t you think? Maybe I’ll use it later with your bat friend. AH AH AH” The Joker said viciously licking his lips, showing a Bat shaped pin and then laughing loudly and shutting the camera off.

I waited for Lucius reaction and he seemed deep in thought.

“I’m sorry.” I said

“He doesn’t seem to know who Ashley is and that’s a good thing. But he has her. He called her a toy. WHAT A MANIAC!” Lucius yelled and just kicking the chair he had been sitting on.

“Lucius I promise you that I will find her. You know that a lot of people care for her. She’s smart and she will make it.” I said trying to give him strength.

His daughter was practically his life. He lived to see her happy. Now something happened and he didn’t understand why which made him confused. He liked to understand what was going on around him but he couldn’t understand this.