Status: Complete

You Are My Favorite Joke

Chapter 8

I was sitting on the couch when The Joker entered the living room looking pissed.

“Harley!! YOU’RE COMING WITH ME! SCA! KIZ! HURRY UP OR I’LL SHOOT A BULLET THROUGH YOUR BRAINS!” The Joker yelled making me push myself more against the couch.

I looked at him from the corner of my eye and he was staring at my little body in a corner of the black couch shivering. He smiled and threw Red to the living room.

“If my toy has any scratch when I come back you’re dead!” The Joker said pointing at me.

“Blue eyes…” he said while walking towards me.

“Do your favorite clown a favor and be a good girl for some hours. How about a goodbye kiss?” The Joker said cupping my face in his hand and making me look at him. His makeup had blood over it making him look even crazier.

I looked at him and I didn’t dare moving, he leaned in and he kissed my right cheek leaving a red lipstick mark.

“One day I’ll have one back.” he said leaving and closing the door behind him, leaving me and Red in the living room.

“Hm… thanks for what you did.” I said after minutes of silence. Red was standing with his back against the door and his arms crossed over his chest. He had a gun with him so my chances of running weren’t much. He smiled at me and sat next to me.

“You don’t need to thank me. I knew for the look on your eyes that you can’t kill. They were innocent for you and let me warn you, Boss has you figured out perfectly.” Red said touching his red hair.

“I’m Red by the way. It’s actually a nickname.” Red said looking at me.

“Are you here because The Joker thinks I might escape?” I asked him.

It was stupid because there weren’t exits out of that place and besides The Joker’s eyes were always on me or he would put someone looking after me. I had almost no chance on running out of there but I hadn’t given up yet.

“No. I’m here because in his eye I was a ‘chicken’ back there.” Red said, my eyes widened at his answer.

“You kill everyone he tells you to.” I said looking at the ground. I couldn’t respect someone with no feelings.

“Killing cops is more easy than you think but then again you’re a little angel.” Red said back.

“Admit it kid you don’t even kill insects. How much do you wish freedom? I’m alone with you, it is pretty easy to knock me out and leave. You’re a good person and that’s what he wants to change about you for what I can figure.” Red said.

“I can be stronger than you think. He can try but I’m not going to fall in his easy talks.” I said.

“You have guts I can give you that. But for The Joker you have to have way more than just guts. You have to think ‘outside the box’ with him. Admit it, he’s a genius not an average genius but a genius still.” Red said.

It was incredible how much he respected The Joker. I guess that he’s on his side for a long time but nothing compared to Harley. Harley’s in love with him, how stupid. She’s a kind person and he just abuses her in every way. Red was a henchmen, if The Joker got tired of him he would be dead in a second.

“I promise I’ll try to help you but I can’t just kill everyone he tells you to kill or he’ll suspect. Just close your eyes and pull the trigger.” Red said.

“Thank you but I think it’s not good for you to put yourself in this, or you’ll get killed.” I said thinking that this guy couldn’t be normal. Why did he want to help me? Did The Joker tell him to say this to me?

Wait a minute! Why am I thinking so much around The Joker? Oh no my mind can’t be messed up I know exactly what I want.

The door bursted open and The Joker was standing on the doorway with his arms open.

“Missed me blue eyes?” The Joker asked walking towards me in his creepy way. I stared at him watching him walking towards me. He definitely had something on him but why me?

There were so many things that I couldn’t understand about these people.

“Did Red touch you?” The Joker asked sitting on couch placing his arm around my shoulder.

“No, he barely talks.” I said. I decided to start answering him just to see if he would beat me anyway.

The Joker grabbed my right wrist which didn’t have any bandage but a scar in a ‘J’ shape was visible. He looked at it proudly and then pushed me so I was standing and following him towards his room again.

“Ladies first.” he said opening the door trying to give me a nice smile. I simply entered not even looking at him.

He mumbled something under his breath maybe he was going to kill me now. PANIC!! Wait a minute! If he wants to kill he could have done it a lot of time ago.

“Is this yours?” The Joker asked showing me my bat shaped pin.

What now? If I lied he would beat me if I told the truth he would be furious.I reached my hand forwards to take it from his hand.

“Ah ah. Not so fast.” The Joker said closing his hand placing the pin inside his coat. He took the coat and placed it in the hanger. He pulled the sleeves of his shirt up and kneeled in front of me.

“Why so interested in it angel?” The Joker asked obviously teasing me licking his lips.

“I just wanted to see it. It’s Batman’s right?” I asked trying to seem innocent.

“You don’t fool me that easily. Why did you have this on your jeans pocket when I brought you here? WHY BATMAN?” The Joker yelled at me and I started trembling.

“He saved me once that’s all.” I said.

“And he gave you a souvenir! HOW LUCKY MY ANGEL IS!!” The Joker said getting angrier by the minute.

He punched me across the face and then he picked me up and he threw me to the opposite wall making me groan in pain. He starting jumping with joy but then he started hurting me again. He slapped me 3 times and he kicked my chest several times.

“WHERE IS HE NOW? WHERE IS YOUR PRECIOUS BATMAN? Listen carefully blue eyes, you’re mine now and nobody will come for you.” The Joker said grabbing me by the neck and then taking his knife out and making a cut on my left leg.

He let go of me and I fell to the ground spiting blood from my mouth while Harley came has usual to help me but this time she was followed by Red.

“Oh Christ! Cutie pie…” Haley said helping me up, I screamed in pain.

The Joker’s P.O.V

I can’t believe! That fucking Batman is always in my way. Now I’m sure that the pin is hers, after all my blue eyes is going to be even more useful that I thought. I have to find out what is her story with Batman, something’s not normal here.

Red has some kind of weird compassion for her, he was never like that to Harley but again Harley isn’t taken seriously here. She was just someone who helped me come back but at least she takes care of my angel. I’ve been going out to find things about her and her father has been like crazy looking for her. She’s simple but thanks to her a lot of movement is being made. After all I don’t think I need a plan.

Bruce’s P.O.V

Ashley has been missing for almost 3 days. I’m going insane, I can’t find her. Helping Gordon with the mob is not going to take me anywhere and I have a light hope that they know what The Joker is going to do but they’re all too stupid to follow his hints and know what he’s planning.

Lucius only worries about keeping his mind busy, everything to find Ashley and keep his sanity. Gordon is worried about her but there’s no clue, we just have to wait for that crazy clown to show up.

“Master Wayne.” Alfred said entering my room interrupting my thoughts.

“Yes Alfred?” I asked him.

“Miss Rachel is here to speak with you.” Alfred said letting Rachel pass.

“Hi Bruce.” Rachel said entering my room hugging me.

“Hello Rachel.” I answered.

“Did you watch the news?” Rachel asked turning on my TV.

The news were on as always and a video was being showed. 3 men had their both hands and feet tied and they were in a circle next to each other. 2 men with clown masks covered each man in gasoline and another one of them set them on fire. In the back we could hear The Joker's laughter but no message to anyone. What was this? A warning?

“I called Jim and they detected in the tape an image of a girl next to the Joker, she seemed to be Ashley.” Rachel said with tears in her eyes.

This was tearing her apart, besides the fact that everyone wanted Harvey dead and out of Gotham. She was feeling despair. She loved him and he was in danger and her ‘little sister’ was in The Joker's hands experiencing the worst moments in her life.

“I’ll find her.” I said to Rachel, she looked at me and smiled weakly.

“You truly love her. I’m happy you found someone that might return that feeling.” Rachel said hugging me leaving afterwards.

Was she giving me a hint on Ashley’s feelings? No! I couldn’t focus on that, I had to find her before The Joker got tired of her or even worse.

Jim Gordon’s P.O.V

Why her? Why Ashley? She wasn’t anything that The Joker wants but nobody can figure him. I never wished more to put him in jail than I want now. I’ve been having reunions with people from the Asylum and The Joker never showed any type of affection to anything besides knifes, gasoline, dynamite and crime in general. These things were parts of him so they couldn’t count has a good thing he has.

I know that Ashley is strong but for how long. I’m afraid we take too long, nobody seems to want to help they fear The Joker's revenge more than they fear the police. That’s the worse thing.

The mob is not a help in finding her, they all saw her on the bar but nothing else.

Lucius’s Fox P.O.V

“Hello Lenny.” I said greeting Ashley’s best friend, Lenny.

He had been visiting me to go to her room and see her things, he misses her truly and he regrets he wasn’t there to protect her like he promised he would.

“Mr. Fox I’m not here to see Ash’s room. I thought very well and I think that I can infiltrate myself well enough in The Joker's world to make him like me enough to put me in his hideout has one of his henchmen and there I can save Ashley.” Lenny said very proud of his idea but very also confused.

He wanted to do whatever he could to help her but this idea was rubbish.

“Lenny. I appreciate the fact that you want to help me but putting your life in danger would leave Ashley sad and she would never forgive us for sacrificing someone for her. You know her.” I said trying to convince him.

He shook his head and went back home. I wasn’t the only one suffering, Ashley had there a loyal friend willing to sacrifice his life for her freedom.

Her brain must be going insane, if I know her well she must be thinking about something to run from The Joker but it was very hard. So stubborn yet so lovely. I thought smiling remembering my daughter’s face in the morning of her kidnapping. Tears rolled down my eyes, where could he have taken her? And for what?