The Flock of Luka

The Flock of Luka (1/18)

Image

Darren cries a lot when he first finds out about his grandfather’s death. It’s only normal, but he cries far more than the rest of his family does together. Maybe he’s just the most emotional one of the Wilson family…?

His grandfather was a very special man. Unique, if you may. Many often labelled him as mental, crazy and loony. Darren has never thought of him like that, but if he thinks about it, maybe they were right; he was pretty out of it at times.

He used to tell Darren stories when he was a kid. Tales of dragons and brave soldiers, of vampires and werewolves and all sorts of things. Then there was his absolute favourite; The Flock of Luka. And it wasn’t unusual for a man to tell his grandchildren different stories, thing was that he really, truly believed in them, Not the vampires and werewolves, even though he never denied their existence. But the Flock of Luka, the tale of the three dogs with the capability of turning into humans. A kinder sort of werewolves, perhaps. The dog-people, living in peace in the wilderness.

Darren used to believe it, too. When he was a little kid. But then he grew up and learned not to believe everything he was told. But he believed it when he was small. But he’s not anymore, so he doesn’t.

The thing about Darren’s grandfather is that he’s the only one Darren has ever trusted completely. He’s been Darren’s best friend since he was born. His only friend since he was born.

It’s not that he’s antisocial, or even socially awkward, but he’s just never seemed to get along that well with people. He can hang out with his older brothers, yes, but they’re just not that close.

He still cries over his grandfather, three weeks after the funeral. But that’s only because he’s just realised that he’s gone and never coming back.

Darren’s grandfather had three dogs. Strange dogs, with strange names – same names as the flock of Luka. They’d been most of his company where he lived, in a little cottage in the outskirts of the forest nearby. Though he often got visits, both from Darren’s family and other people passing by. ‘Cause despite being marked as crazy, he was a loved man. Full with good intentions and very good-hearted.

But those dogs. Those strange, three dogs, has been left to Darren. Why they were given to Darren, and not his father, who were actually his son, is unclear to him. But his grandfather was a very determined man, what he says goes.

And his will clearly said ‘, My dogs shall be given to my youngest grandson, Darren Wilson’.

Besides, taking care of three dogs, how difficult can it be?
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter :]
Kind of short; following chapters will be longer.
Hope you enjoyed it :]

xo, Peace