Everything's Overrated

Everything Has A Beginning

Prologue:

A lot has happened since we were eleven. The seven years we spent at Hogwarts changed our lives in ways we would have never imagined. We were the best of friends, born within a day of each other and we thought we’d always be together. But we never knew just how wrong we were…

This is our story.

YEAR 1

“No more cake…” Priscilla groaned, clutching her stomach.

“EAT IT!” bellowed Lydia, shoving another piece towards the asian across from her.

Vicky sat still and tried to discretely look at what was inside Priscilla’s presents.

“Let’s go to bed, I hope we get our letters soon!” Lydia exclaimed, grabbing her toothbrush.

Lydia, Vicky, and Priscilla were best friends and born within a day of each other in August. Today was Priscilla’s brithday, therefore the Hogwarts acceptance letters would be arriving soon.

“What if we don’t get in?” Vicky asked uncertainly, biting her lip.

“Shut up! Don’t say that!” Lydia scoffed.

“You don’t have to worry!” Vicky insisted, “You’ve already been accepted into Beauxbatons!”

“Yes, and you’re dad could pull some strings and get you into Durmstrang!” Lydia countered.

“It’s an all boys school,” Vicky replied haughtily.

“You’d fit in just fine then,” Lydia snapped.

“WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE COLOUR? AU-BURN!” Priscilla yelled out, bursting into laughter.

"What’s that noise?" Vicky asked, looking around.

"OH LORDY!! MONSTERS!!" Priscilla shrieked as she hid under the blanket.

"Oh please. You guys are so stupid. What noise?" Lydia asked.

"Obviously you wouldn’t know. You're so deaf."

"Oh shut up. I can hear it now…" she trailed off.

She walked over to the window and threw it open. She waited a few seconds. "There’s nothing there. See?"

Three large owls swooped in all of sudden, causing Priscilla to shriek as loud as she possibly could, and run out of the room.

Vicky and Lydia jumped slightly and looked at each other, "Awww! Aren’t they the cutest things you’ve ever seen?!" Lydia exclaimed.

Vicky stared at her incredulously. "You’re joking, right?"

Lydia didn’t hear her as she was cooing to the owls. "Aren’t you such a sweetie? Yes you are!"

Priscilla poked her head into the room. "Is the coast clear?"

“No,” Lydia replied, still stroking the owls.

"What?! Why are there owls in my room?"

"I don’t know. They’re cute though." Lydia said happily. It was unbelievable how bipolar she was.

"Well, while you two were being losers, I actually decided to read the letters that came with the owls." Vicky rolled her eyes as she held out a yellowish parchment.

"OO! PARCHMENTS!" Priscilla yelped as she jumped on her bed to where Vicky was.

"Whatever." Lydia said stroking the owl.

"READ IT!" said Priscilla, bouncing slightly.

Vicky gave Priscilla ‘the look’ and cleared her throat:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,

Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Ms Braxton,

We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find Enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Yours Sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

"I got one too!" Priscilla exclaimed happily. Lydia was reading over hers and soon the girls went to sleep, talking about visiting Diagon Alley the next day.

--

The next few days went by fast and soon it was the day before the girls would be leaving for Hogwarts.

"Are you guys ready yet?" Lydia called from downstairs.

"No," Vicky said, appearing at the top of the stairs. "Priscilla’s still primping herself."

Lydia rolled her eyes and laughed slightly before shrieking, "PRISCILLA GET YOUR ARSE DOWNSTAIRS!”

Priscilla walked down the stairs looking incredibly irritated, "Well, I’m sorry but I had a lot of choices!"

"Mhmm, I'll bet." Vicky said sarcastically.

"Shut it!" Lydia commanded.

"Are we there yet?" Priscilla asked, standing in front of the fireplace.

"You idiot. We have to go through the fire." Said Lydia, giving Priscilla the most disbelieving look she could muster.

"WHAT? A FIRE? WHERE?!"

"In-front-of-you," Lydia said dangerously, slapping Priscilla upside the head.

Vicky laughed and stepped into the fire ahead of her friends, "HEY WAIT! WHERE ARE YOU GOING!?" was the last thing she heard before being swept away and appearing in the fire of The Leaky Cauldron. A few seconds later, Priscilla and Lydia appeared.

"I'm going to get money..." Vicky said, tapping the right brick on the wall, revealing Diagon Alley.

"Um...alright. Okay I'll be in the Quidditch store," Lydia nodded, looking around.

"Aces, I'll meet you there when I come back from Gringotts."

"Terrific.”

Vicky and Lydia walked off, leaving Priscilla staring after them.

"They're the best, aren't they?! Fine. I can totally do everything on my own," she mumbled, walking off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 2 Preview:

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" she screamed at her masked attacker.

He pulled off his mask. "I'm Draco Malfoy."