Everything's Overrated

Revelations With Petrifications

Vicky marched angrily up towards the school while mumbling things like, “I hope warts grow all over his face,” and, “Spying on me spying on her! Who does he think he is!”

She was almost in the main entrance hall when she heard angry voices, “HARRY! ENOUGH ALREADY! SHE’S NOT A BAD PERSON! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO MEAN TO HER!” Hermione shouted.

“FINE! Why don’t you try to be friends with her then!” Harry countered irately.

Vicky entered the hall and saw the golden trio standing together. She gave Harry the most scathing look she could muster as she passed by. She could feel their eyes boring in to the back of her head as she dove into the Great Hall and sat down at the Gryffindor table.

Vicky looked around and noticed that Ginny Weasley was sitting by herself as well. Deciding to introduce herself, Vicky shifted down a few spaces and said, “Hi!”

Ginny turned to her and smiled slightly, “Hi, I’m Ginny Weasley. You must be Vicky!”

Vicky stared at her incredulously, “How did you know that?”

Ginny looked slightly uncomfortable, “Sorry, I heard Harry, Ron and Hermione talking about you before,” Ginny smiled faintly at Vicky, “Don’t worry, Hermione had only nice things to say about you.”

“WHAT DID HARRY SAY!?” Vicky screamed as she jumped up in her seat. A few people turned to look at her but she ignored them as she slowly sat down again.

Ginny looked shocked, “Um, Um.. I cannot rat on the one that I love,” she said finally.

If Vicky was shocked before, it was nothing compared to the shock she felt now, “Are you serious?” She asked Ginny.Vicky got up slowly from the table, not breaking the intense stare she was giving the youngest Weasley, “Be right back!” Vicky said quickly and dashed of the Great Hall.

She hurried along until she found a girls washroom. Once inside, she splashed cold water on her face. Vicky glared at her reflection in the mirror. Why should she care so much that once again, another person loved Harry Potter? And then, it hit her.

“No, No, NO, NOO, NOOO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” she shouted loudly as she backed away from her reflection. Did Vicky like Harry Potter?

“Impossible!” Then all of a sudden, she calmed down, and began analyzing her behaviour around The Chosen One, “I do like him...” Vicky gasped, and then she realized she needed to get in the way of the potential romance between Harry and Ginny.

“I will befriend this Ginevra Weasely. And I will sabotage any possible relationship she has with her brother’s best friend,” Vicky grinned widely at her reflection in the mirror.

“Hahaha!” She started off slowly.

“Hahahahaha!” She continued.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

--

Priscilla walked down the hallway searching for Vicky when she heard maniacal laughter coming from the girl’s washroom. Curious, she went in and saw Vicky laughing loudly at her reflection.

“Uhhh?” Priscilla started off.

Vicky turned around, “Oh Hi Priscilla! Hey, listen...” Vicky said as she began to fill Priscilla in on the Ginny / Harry situation.

“OOH!” Priscilla said, wiggling her eyebrows, “What an awesome plan!”

“I know, isn’t it fantastical?” Vicky said smugly.

“Yes, yes, fantastical it is,” Priscilla agreed, “Now go begin putting it into action,” she said as she ushered Vicky out of the washroom.

And that was the last time Priscilla saw Vicky in motion that year.

--

Priscilla washed her hands in the sink after finishing her business, and walked outside of the washroom to find Vicky frozen on the floor, her super secret spy binoculars glued to her hand.

“ARGHHH!” Priscilla cried.

The hideous noise attracted people and soon a small crowd was forming around Vicky. Soon Harry, Ron, and Hermione appeared.

Priscilla looked at Harry, “YOU DID THIS!” She screamed.

“What? No I didn’t,” Harry protested.

Ignoring him, Priscilla continued, “Harry Portia! Why would you do such a thing?”

Harry looked horrified as he stared at Vicky’s immobile body.

“You my best friend!” Priscilla cried at Vicky, in a strange and funny accent.

Dumbledore appeared and levitated Vicky to the Hospital Wing. Priscilla watched as Vicky drifted away. She turned and looked at the crowd of students as they all mumbled and grumbled amongst themselves. Priscilla noticed Ginny standing close to Harry Portia. Her eyes narrowed as she said quietly to herself, “I will avenge you Vicky. I will put your plan into action. IF IT’S THE LAST THING I EVER DO... Well, at least until they fix you.” And with that, Priscilla turned on her heel and left to get prepared for operation Doom Harry and Ginny’s Possible Relationship.

--

“I can’t stand this any longer!” Lydia screamed.

Priscilla sulked.

“No Vicky for 3 months!? This is ridiculous!”

Priscilla didn’t answer.

“OH MERLIN’S SOCKS! What are we going to do?!” Lydia was pacing back and forth outside. It was snowing and only a week before Christmas holidays. A few more students had been petrified by the mystery being/thing, and it was officially declared that Hogwarts was not safe for its students.

“Doesn’t she need to eat? I don’t understand, why will she not wake up?!” Lydia ranted.

Priscilla picked up a handful of snow and began to pack it into a snowball. She was still huffing.

“I mean, who do they think they are? Petrifying Vicky!” Lydia was a bit too heated up.

“I-I-I think, I think you should be quiet Lydia,” Priscilla was really upset. She threw the snowball back on the ground and picked up more snow with her red hands.

“Bloody hell!” Lydia yelled and punched a tree. There was a crack and she fell to the ground, face first. She was still for a 30 seconds until Priscilla finally noticed and got up to help Lydia to the Hospital Wing. Lydia had broken her knuckles. While waiting for Madam Pomfrey to heal Lydia, Priscilla walked past 5 beds of petrified students to the final bed, where Vicky lay, still holding the same binoculars.

“Wake up you knucklehead!” Priscilla slapped Vicky across the face, “WAKE UP! WAKE UP!” Priscilla began shaking her fiercely until someone put a hand on her shoulders. Priscilla broke into loud sobbing which sounded like a horse giving birth. This was definitely the longest she’s ever gone without talking to or hearing Vicky’s voice.

“It would be wise, child, if you went back to your dormitory,” Madam Pomfrey said.

She gave Priscilla a lolly and told her that Lydia too, would have to stay overnight for the knuckles to fully mend. After hugging Lydia, Priscilla made her way downstairs and back outside on her bench. She scrunched up into a tight ball and cried into her lap. The tears immediately froze and her hands soon became icy.

She was best friendless.

It was dark when Priscilla finally stopped crying and she was just about to go up to the tower when an owl swooped around her landed on her lap.

She wiped her nose with her sleeve and opened the small piece of paper which looked like it was wripped off of a notepad. Scribbled messily was:

I’m still here for you.

“Okay..” Priscilla scoffed and threw the piece of paper on the ground. She couldn’t care less who was there for her. She wanted her best friends, and only her best friends... And some chocolate frogs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 11 Preview:

Once in the library, they spent about twenty minutes of Hermione pouring over books and Priscilla making random faces and noises to pass the time. Finally, "AHA! I found it! I was right!"

"AHA!" Priscilla imitated.