Everything's Overrated

Diagon Alley Adventures

Harry walked into Diagon Alley, completely in awe

Harry walked into Diagon Alley, completely in awe. He walked down the street staring into the shops, trying to decide where to go first. That's when he saw her. She was walking towards Gringotts, the wizarding bank. Harry started to walk towards her, but Hagrid interrupted, "Come on 'arry. You need to get robes, books, an' a wand."

Harry gave the girl one final glance and nodded, following Hagrid. Maybe he'd see her at Hogwarts.

Oliver Wood stood talking to Roger Davies animatedly about Quidditch, and the

upcoming school year.

"Alright mate, I'll see you at school." Oliver said, waving to Roger as he walked into the Quidditch shop.

He examined the keeper equipment and found a book he had been looking for, for the past 3 months. 'Keepers Through The Ages’

Oliver was so immersed that he didn't notice the blonde girl trying to go past him.

"EXCUSE ME!" she yelled in his ear. He jumped up and blushed slightly.

"Sorry! I was caught up."

"That book isn't that good you know. You should try 'Quidditch: From a Keeper's Point of View" She said, looking at the book he was holding.

"Really? What's your name? So you're a keeper then? I haven't seen you at Hogwarts." Oliver blabbered, interested in the pretty blonde standing in front of him.

"Yes really, my name is Lydia. No I'm not a keeper, I play chaser. And you haven't seen me at Hogwarts because this is the first time I'm going."

"Ah, first year I see. I'm Oliver." he said, his ego inflating slightly.

"Yes, and you don't look much different. Second year, I presume?"

"Wha- erm, sure. Yeah. Anyways, what house do you think you'll be sorted in?"

"What house are you in?"

"Gryffindor."

"I definitely won't be sorted in there," Lydia said, smirking slightly.

"Well I'm keeper on the Gryffindor quidditch team. Maybe if you get to be a chaser on your house team, we'll play."

"You mean when I become a chaser on my house team. And yes... I'll enjoy scoring on you," Lydia said with a smile.

"Right. I'll see you at school then?" Oliver asked with a smile.

Lydia nodded and gave a slight wave, keeping her cool. As soon as he was out of the shop though, she gave a squeal, causing the witch behind the counter to give her an odd look, "What?" Lydia snapped.

"What're you so happy about?" Vicky asked from behind her.

"Vicky! I just met the cutest boy in the world.”

"Where am I?" Priscilla asked herself, peering into shop windows. She had wandered down a dingy street corner to find herself in another part of Diagon Alley. At least she thought it was Diagon Alley.

"Excuse me? Where am I?" she asked an old lady passing by. The old lady gave her a dirty look and mumbled something under her breath that sounded a lot like "Mudblood."

"I am NOT a mudblood, thank you very much! And that's a vile word!" Priscilla exclaimed.

The old lady paid her no attention, so Priscilla walked into the nearest store. Inside, it was cluttered with old furniture and sinister looking objects.

"Hello?" Priscilla asked quietly, making her way around a small coffee table with deep scratches in it.

Draco walked down Knockturn Alley. He had just bought his wand and robes and was about to go find his mate, Blaise Zabini, when he noticed a girl walking cautiously into a shop. He watched her through the window as she made her way around a coffee table.

‘This is going to be fun,’ Draco thought to himself, smirking as he slipped quietly into the shop.

"Hello...?" Priscilla called out.

"Hi there." A voice said from behind her. Priscilla squeaked and turned around, punching her stalker in the gut.

"OW!"

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" she screamed at her masked attacker.

He pulled off his mask. "I'm Draco Malfoy."

"I didn't ask what you're name was, I asked what you're doing!"

He rolled his eyes and shoved the mask in a drawer, "I was trying to scare you, obviously... you throw a mean punch."

"Thanks," Priscilla said sarcastically.

"Right. So what are you doing in Knockturn Alley?"

"What?"

"What...are...you...doing...in...Knocktu-"

"I'm not mentally ill, I heard you the first time. This is Knockturn Alley?"

"Obviously... thus me asking you what you're doing here."

"So I have to report to you now?"

"What?! No."

"Whatever." Priscilla said walking out of the shop, head held high.

"You weren't so high and mighty a few minutes ago when I scared you."

"You mean when I punched you?"

Draco's pale cheeks turned a light pink. "It didn't even hurt." He said, running to catch up to Priscilla.

"I distinctly recall you saying that I 'throw a mean punch'." She said, using air quotes.

They had walked back in to Diagon Alley by then and walked straight in to Vicky and Lydia.

"There you are!" Lydia exclaimed, “We were wasting our time looking for you.”

"I turned into some Noburn Alley or something," Priscilla explained.

"Knockturn Alley," Draco said, giving her a disbelieving look.

Vicky and Lydia noticed him for the first time, "Who is this?" Lydia asked, giving Draco a slight glare, which he returned with a sneer.

"I'm Draco."

"Hello!” Vicky said, sticking out her hand, smiling brightly. He looked a there hand for a few seconds before asking her, "Mudblood?"

"What?”

Draco gave her a weird look and ignored her outstretched hand.

"Lydia?" Priscilla asked. Lydia stuck out her hand reluctantly, "... Pleasure." She said stiffly.

Draco looked at her expectantly.

"And NO. I'm not a mudblood," She added with disdain. He just nodded and Lydia rolled her eyes. He turned to Priscilla.

"And who are you?" He asked.

"Um... Priscilla. Priscilla Nathalie Beauvais." She said confidently.

"Mm... I see. French? Beauvais? Are our fathers colleagues by any chance?"

"I don't know! Are they?" Priscilla asked, as she and Draco began walking away. "I'll see you guys later!" Priscilla called over her shoulder to Vicky and Lydia.

"Hmm." Lydia said thoughtfully. "So where do you-"

"Lydia!" she was cut off by a panting Oliver, "Can you help me find that book again?"

She nodded and followed him. "Later Vicky."

Vicky gave a small wave and sighed, walking to an ice-cream shop near by. Inside she saw a gigantic, hairy man, and a skinny boy with scruffy black hair.

--

Harry watched as the girl from earlier enter the ice cream shop. She ordered chocolate ice cream and sat down at a table, all by herself, leafing through one of the school textbooks.

"So 'arry. Are ye excited 'bout Hogwarts?" Hagrid asked.

Harry nodded absent mindedly, watching the girl. Hagrid followed his gaze.

"Hi there!" he called waving his enormous hand at her.

She looked up startled, but smiled, "Hi."

"Want t'er join us?" Hagrid asked.

"Sure. I'm Vicky," She said smiling and sitting down.

"Nice t'er meet ye Vicky. I'm Hagrid, the Hogwarts Game Keeper, and this is-"

"VICKY!" someone called from the door to the shop.

Harry turned to look at the perky Asian girl, waving frantically at Vicky.

Vicky offered Harry a smile and said "I'll see you at Hogwarts?" and with that, she was gone.

--

"Priscilla, seriously, what is so important that you had to drag me away from what I was doing?" Vicky asked, rolling her eyes.

"Nothing really. And you weren't doing anything interesting anyways, just talking to a giant and a cute boy. Wait a second. Cute boy?" Priscilla asked, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

"Oh please. Not even. I don't even know his name!"

"Aw, why not?"

"Because someone interrupted us."

"Really? Who?" Priscilla asked, oblivious to Vicky's sarcasm.

"Ugh! You suck at life!"

"Thank'ya. Where's Lydia?"

"None of your business!" Lydia exclaimed from behind them.

"Oh god. Another quaffle?" Vicky said, staring at the red ball Lydia had clutched under her arm.

"Yeah. Oliver said it was better quality than the one I have."

"Right," Vicky said grinning, "So, who’s this Oliver?"

"Olivanders!" Priscilla exclaimed.

“No, Oliver!” Vicky corrected.

Priscilla pointed to a store, “No. Olivanders! The shop!”

The three girls slipped into the shop quietly. Almost instantly a skinny, stooping old man appeared in front of them. "Hello my pretties. I've been expecting you. This way..."

"Do you think he's a pedophile?" Lydia murmured under her breath to Vicky.

"Lydia! That's not nice," Vicky said, shoving her slightly.

"Oh, but I completely agree," Priscilla said nodding fervently, and linking her arm with Lydia's.

Before anyone could say anything else, Mr. Olivander pushed a massive pile of thin boxes at the girls.

"Uh..?" Lydia started.

"They're wands. Give them a flick!"

So the girls began. Nearly an hour later, they were happily shooting sparks at each other.

"You have found your wands. That'll be 9 galleons each."

They paid and left the shop quickly, off to buy robes.

"Hello dearies! I am Madam Malkin! Please, stand on these stools!" a chubby witch chirped gleefully.

Another girl was already standing on a stool and was bickering with her mother.

"Mummy, I refuse to be seen in these cheap robes!"

"But sweetheart, Custom made ones will take over a month! And school starts tomorrow!"

"I hope your happy then, making your daughter wear filth," The girl sniffed.

Her mother patted her on the head and left the shop.

"I'm Pansy," The girl said, her head held high.

"You look like a dog," Priscilla said, leaning forward to address Pansy who was standing beside Lydia.

"More precisely a pug," Vicky added, also leaning forward past Lydia who was desperately trying to stifle her giggles.

Pansy gave the two girls death glares and turned to Lydia, "And who are you?"

"I'm Lydia."

"Ah, pleasure."

"I'm sure."

Pansy looked slightly taken aback but got off her stool, "You look like a Slytherin,"

she said, nodding approvingly at Lydia.

"And you look like a mutt. Bye bye," Vicky continued, grinning happily.

"Watch it Braxton." Pansy glared, making her pudgy face resemble a dog's even more.

"How do you know my name?" Vicky raised an eyebrow.

"I know everyone including you two, Beauvais and Belmont,” Pansy grinned smugly.

"Oh no! I'm scared!" Priscilla exclaimed dramatically.

Pansy huffed and left the shop as the three girls giggled.

"Why didn't you bite her head off?" Vicky asked, tapping Lydia on the shoulder.

"I have a feeling I'll be in Slytherin, and I shouldn't be making enemies just yet."

"But we'll all be in the same house!" Priscilla exclaimed.

"Hopefully." Vicky nodded.

Lydia shrugged and three witches began fitting their robes
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 3 Preview:

"Well, clearly, you seem to love me."

"Not at all!”