Everything's Overrated

Potions and Halloween

Priscilla wandered up to a wall that seemed to be shaped like the base of a round tower.

“Hello? How on earth do I get in here?” On closer inspection, Priscilla noticed a door without a handle. Instead it had an eagle shaped golden knocker.

“Hello?” she said to the door.f

“I will ask a riddle to thee, See if you can answer me, To gain entry,” The door spoke.

“Um, Mr. Door, what’s a riddle?” Priscilla inquired.

“It’s a question,” said the door, annoyed.

“Why couldn’t you just tell me you were asking a question? Why do you have to make it so complicated?” Priscilla put one hand on her hip.

The door just sighed and began its riddle, “If you have me, you want to share me. If you share me, you haven't got me. What am I?”

“A secret,” Priscilla answered immediately and the door was silent, apparently in shock.

“Well, there you go. I didn’t expect that,” The door mumbled the last part, unlocking itself and swinging open.

Priscilla walked into the Ravenclaw common room and looked around, “What time is it?” she asked to no one in particular.

“It’s precisely 11:13 pm,” a girl’s voice answered her, Priscilla whipped around to see a girl sitting in one of the royal blue plush arm chairs.

“Oh hi!” Priscilla smiled widely.

“Hello, my name is Chrysanthemum.”

“What?”

“Hello, my name is-”

“No. I’m not dumb. What kind of a name is that!?”

“It is a flower,” she said matter-of-factly.

“Yeah, I know it’s a flower. My mom plants them in her garden. It doesn’t mean she names her children after them,” Priscilla said, raising her eyebrows, “Are you a first year?”

“Yes. Are you?” The girl replied.

“Yes. So why are you up so late?” Priscilla questioned, taking a seat in front of her.

The girls eye suddenly narrowed, “I should ask you the same question.”

“Excuse me?” Priscilla asked, a little bit offended.

“Why were you out at this hour?” She demanded as she leaned forward.

“I was lost. So why don’t you just calm down, girlie. It’s not your business anyway.”

“You’re right. It isn’t any of my business, but I plan on being head girl one day, so I decided to practice my power today and everyday from this moment on,” she crossed her arms.

“Hm, this is only our first day,” Priscilla rolled her eyes at Chrysanthemum as she got up. She walked up the first set of spiral staircase, which she hoped led to the girls dorms.

Without thinking, Priscilla opened the first door to her left, “Hey. Do you guys know where my dorm is?”

The two boys that were still awake stared at her with their mouths open.

One of them finally managed to say, “Erm, you do realize this is the boys dorms?”

“Yeah. So that’s why I’m asking if you know where my dorm is?” Priscilla took a step in the room.

“Erm, you should leave, now,” the other boy said.

“ERM, you should quit being so rude, now,” Priscilla retorted. Then she slammed the door and ran down the stairs to try the other set of staircases. As she was walking down the hall, she realized there were 5 names on the each door. Finally she found the door with her name on it.

Priscilla glanced over the other names to see if she knew anyone, just for the fun of it, “Cho Chang, Norma Jean John, Padma Patil, Priscilla Beauvais, Chrysanthemum Burns.. Oh great,” Priscilla sighed unhappily. She stepped into her dorm quickly and went over to the bed with her trunk against it. Just as Priscilla was about to get into bed, the door opened and Chrysanthemum walked in.

Priscilla watched as Chrysanthemum walked past her bed very slowly. As she was about to climb into her bed, Chrysanthemum slowly turned and faced Priscilla, “I’m watching you.”

Priscilla just turned her body away, “No you are not. You’re going to sleep.”

Chrysanthemum lifted up her right hand, pointed two fingers towards her eyes and then to Priscilla, “Watch it.”

“Watch what?” Priscilla said oblivious to Chrysanthemum’s rather unusual behaviour.

“Go to sleep. And that is an order,” Chrysanthemum demanded.

“I’m not going to vote for you, you know, for head girl?” Priscilla mumbled sleepily.

“You don’t vote,” Chrysanthemum replied coldy.

“Exactly,” Priscilla drifted off, “Exactly what I just said.”

“Exactly what?” The weird flower girl queried.

“Shh.. Priscilla is sleeping,” Priscilla half whispered as she drifted off to dreamworld.

--

The next morning, Vicky awoke to a very loud noise. She brushed it off and closed her eyes even tighter, trying to shut out any disturbances.

“WHO FARTED?” a voice yelled, followed by a lot of giggling by two girls who appeared to be best friends. Everyone was looking straight at Vicky.

“It wasn’t me,” Vicky squinted to keep out the sun.

“Then who was it?” The bushy haired Hermione asked.

All four girls turned towards the still sleeping Salma Thong who’s arse was hanging off the bed.

“Ew,” Lavender and Parvati squealed in unison.

Vicky just shut her eyes again while Hermione loomed over her, “You must get up Vicky. It’s time to get ready for our first lesson.”

Vicky opened her eyes to see Hermione one inch away from her nose, “Personal Space, girl,” Vicky pushed Hermione away and stuffed her face in her pillow.

Hermione continued, “We either have double transfiguration or double potions this morning, and I wouldn’t like to mess with either professors.”

“Well you wouldn’t, would you,” Vicky muttered into her pillow. She suddenly jumped up at the thought of getting her time table and raced around the room to get ready.

--

Lydia woke up to the sight of Milicent sitting on the edge of her bed putting on her socks while drooling slightly. There was a weird stench coming from under Milicent’s bed which immediately got Lydia’s attention. She then glared at the dog faced Pansy who was marching around the room, looking for something.

“Have you seen my perfume?” Pansy snapped at Lydia who was rubbing her eyes and stretching out her legs.

“Are you talking about that disgusting stench coming from under Milicent’s bed?”

Pansy bent down and whined a little bit. “Oh, it spilt a little.” She suddenly realized what Lydia meant, “DISGUSTING?! This is french!”

“French my arse,” Lydia rolled her eyes as she got her toothbrush out of her trunk.

“Excuse me, but you need to really have it on you to experience the capacity of the French Scent,” Pansy tried to explain, clearly trying act smarter than she really was.

Lydia narrowed her eyes at Pansy, “Don’t you dare bring that disgusting thing near me. Now go lick yourself between the legs or something.”

“That is repulsive—”

“Just like you,” Lydia interrupted.

--

Priscilla was skipping her way down the common room spiral staircases when a figure appeared in front of her, making her stop abruptly.

“Oh my gosh!” Priscilla squealed as she jumped a step back. The back of her foot caught onto the edge of the stair and she toppled down the stairs, face first.

“Ow…” Priscilla could barely manage to speak. Her breath was knocked out as she hit the common room floor.

She lay on the floor, arms spread out, for nearly 5 minutes until someone finally attempted to help her.

“Are you alright?”

Priscilla couldn’t say anything. Her limbs hung loose under the person’s grip as they dragged her over to a plush chair. She was plopped into a seat after much effort and she moaned as pain rushed through her body.

“Are you alright?” the person repeated. Priscilla stared into a set of dark blue eyes-- she recognized her rescuer as one of the boys who yelled at her last night for being in their dorm.

She attempted to glare. “N-n-o-o,” She said between heavy breaths.

“Alright, wait here. I’ll get you water,” The boy said and he walked out of Priscilla’s sight. Priscilla sat still in the same position for 20 minutes, trying to concentrate on her breathing.

“You’re lucky you didn’t crash and burn,” said a flat voice from the other side of the circular room.

Priscilla whipped her head around, nearly cracking her neck. She scowled at Chrysanthemum’s smirking face. That was all she could manage at the moment.

Chrysanthemum lifted her hand and pointed two fingers towards her eyes and then to Priscilla’s, again. Then she walked right out the door and down the tower stairs.

“Mmmggh,” Priscilla grunted in pain as she snapped her head back in place.

--

“So, have you done much reading for your lessons?” Hermione sped up to catch up to the exasperated Vicky, who was speed walking as fast as she could.

“No. No. And No,” Vicky articulated.

“Well, I haven’t done much either, just a few chapters here and there. I’m rather worried- I mean, what if a professor asks me what the secret ingredient to a hepler’s venomous tri potion is?” Hermione went on, still speeding up to catch up to Vicky’s quick feet.

“Well, the answer is Toadington’s Jelly, but I mean, what if I didn’t know?” Hermione answered herself.

Vicky nearly ran into the great hall, desperate to get away from Hermione’s constant yapping about school work.

Vicky plopped herself down beside Lavender at the Gryffindor Table.

"Isn't he so cute?

"Who?" Vicky asked, confused.

"Harry Potter! My golly, I could just kiss him all day long."

"Uh..." Vicky couldn't believe her ears. Why was Lavender so advanced for her age?

"Look at his dreamy green eyes. And his luscious lips. And that scar! It makes him look so manly."

"Oh, my..." Vicky looked frantically around for Hermione. Lesbian or not, she preferred her company to this overzealous girl.

"Hey Hermione!"

"SHH! I'm looking at my time table, We have Potions and Flying first!"

"Really! With who?"

"Ravenclaw, and Slytherin."

Just then, Vicky felt her goblet of pumpkin juice and slipping out of her hand. She reluctantly looked down to see who the unlucky recipient of juice-in-lap would be.

"No bloody way," Harry Potter hissed, looking at his lap and then at Vicky.

"I didn't – I'm sorry- I," Vicky stuttered.

"To hell with you!" Harry shouted, and threw a bunch of napkins over his lap, but not before Draco Malfoy saw.

"Aw Potty, did you have a wee little accident?"

"Shut it, Malfoy."

Lydia saw Vicky's little 'mishap' and came to her rescue in a matter of seconds.

"Excuse me, Harry Potty, no, Potter is it? My best friend here, Victoria Braxton, does not need you berating her about her clumsiness. Good day," Lydia huffed as she pulled Vicky away.

"Okay, here's my time table..." Vicky said, peering over Lydia's shoulder to compare the two.

--

Priscilla sat with Vicky at the Gryffindor table that morning, and as the owls flooded into the Great Hall as usual, something special caught everyone's attention. Six large screech owls were carrying a long thin package. Priscilla and Vicky stared in awe, as they both waited expectanly for the package to be dropped in front of them. Instead, the owls continued to swoop towards the end of the table. Harry Potter looked surprised as the owls dropped the package in front of him.

"I thought it was for me!" Vicky whined. Priscilla patted her consolingly on the shoulder as the both stood up to get a better view of Harry's package.

Harry ripped open a letter attached to it. He read it and gave it to Ron who was nearly dying of excitement.

"A NIMBUS TWO THOUSAND!!" Ron exclaimed, "I've never even touched one!"

While Ron was excitedly examining the Harry's package, Harry glanced at McGonagall with a big grin pasted on his face. Noticing this, Priscilla turned her head to find McGonagall winking at Harry.

"GASP!" Priscilla said outloud.

"Oh my goodness. Did you see that?" Vicky asked turning towards Priscilla.

"Yes. Thus the GASP!" The two girls sat down and animatedly imagined what could possibly be going on.

Hermione walked past, giving Harry a disapproving look, "So I suppose this is a reward for breaking the rules?" She stuck her nose up in the air.

"Get lost," Ron said pushing her away. "Don't be jealous because your friend doesn't have a Nymbus Two Thousand like me. Oh wait, you've got no friends," Ron spat viciously.

Hermione grabbed her bag and ran out of the Great Hall.

"Ooh," Vicky breathed at the most drama she had ever seen.

--

That night, the hall was packed for the Halloween feast.

"It's not Wingardium levi OSA, its levio SA," Ron was mocking Hermione with a bunch of first year boys.

Hermione, who was conversing with Lavender Brown, heard this and ran out of the hall crying.

"How dare you?!" Vicky snapped at Ron.

"Don't act like you care," Harry seethed, giving Vicky an 'I-know-what-you're-really-like' look.

Vicky ran out to follow Hermione out of the hall and passed Professor Quirrell who was sprinting his way in to the Hall. Vicky walked into the nearest girl's washroom and found Hermione slumped against a stall, crying and mumbling to herself.

"Hermione?" Vicky asked tentatively.

"What? Oh, it's you," Hermione said wiping the tears off of her red face.

"It's okay, those guys are being so rude. Don't worry—” Just then, a loud boom was heard as the large oak bathroom door was thrown open.

Hermione didn't seem to notice the large grunting monster that seemed to be stepping closer and closer into the washroom. Vicky panicked. She couldn’t speak and as a reflex, she ran out of the bathroom full speed.

As she was running, she collided into Ron and Harry who seemed to be dashing towards the girls washroom. "T-t-troll!" Vicky stammered as she once again scurried away.

Vicky arrived at the Gryffindor common room, drenched in sweat.

"What's the matter chum? Seen a troll?" A tall guy with bright red hair grinned at the sight of the muddled Vicky.

Then, another tall bright red head (who looked exactly like the one in front of her) appeared and danced. "OOGA WOOGA! TROLL! TROLL!" He exclaimed, and Vicky couldn't believe her eyes. Either she was going mental, or Hogwarts was full of strange things and people.

Realizing that Vicky was near fainting, the two identical boys came and each put an arm around her, "It's alright, mate. We've all heard about the troll. You're not going mental."

Vicky was forced into a bright red sofa, squeezed in between the two boys.

"My name's Fred," said one, "And I'm George," said the other.

"And we're the Weasely Twins," They said together. Vicky couldn't get back to her normal state, and she rubbed her temples with her two hands.

"Now, tell me little one, have you seen our little brother? He looks like us, red hair, freckles, yeah? We have much reason to believe he's after the troll. And if he is..."

"WE'RE TELLING MOM!" They yelled again in unison.

"Ugh," Vicky couldn't stand all the yelling. "I'm sorry, but I'm really, really, exhausted. I'm so confused! Harry hates me, Ron is so mean to Hermione, Hermione is in the girl’s bathroom with the troll," Vicky blundered on and on for about 10 minutes.

The boys had lost interest a while ago and were playing exploding snap on the circular carpet by the fire. Vicky shook her head and laid down on the sofa. "This is all a bad, bad, bad dream," and she drifted off.

As Vicky opened her eyes, she saw the portrait in front of the door hole open, and Harry, Hermione, and Ron entering hand in hand.

"Hermione?" Vicky mumbled sleepily. She quickly woke up when Harry began angrily shaking her.

"YOU LEFT HERMIONE ALONE WITH THE TROLL?!"

"I- what- huh- what?"

"Despicable," Harry grumbled.

"I'm sorry! I was panicking!" Vicky tried to defend herself.

"Harry, leave her alone! I'm fine, thanks to you and Ron," Hermione said, putting her hand on his shoulder.

"What?" Vicky turned from Harry to look at Hermione. "You're friends now?"

The Golden Trio shrugged nonchalantly.

Vicky scoffed and turned on her heel to go to her dormitory.

"Oi! Do you want some food?" Fred yelled, noticing Vicky hurrying off.

"NO!" She shouted back, as she realized she had no friends.

She needed Priscilla, this instant.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 6 Preview:

"This is a note for regarding your second period Year Four students," Oliver said, not realizing Lydia was in the room.

"Ah yes, and I suppose you've finished your five thousand word essay on the life of Grimwich Hobblebot: The Invincable Troll?"