Everything's Overrated

Wintery Christmas Eve

Snow was slowly falling outside the Ravenclaw Tower and Priscilla was fascinated. "CHECK IT OUT," She squealed.

Cho opened her eyes, "It's five in the morning, you twat."

"AS FUTURE HEAD GIRL I DEMAND THAT YOU GO TO SLEEP AT ONCE!" Chrysanthemum ordered.

"Oh, bite me," Priscilla said, and continued to gaze out the window. When she turned around, everyone had buried themselves back under the covers except Salma Thong. Throughout the entire term, Priscilla had never spoken to her. The sudden thrilling prospect of having a conversation with the quiet Norma Jean John gave her the shivers.

"Hello Norma Jean John." Priscilla said slowly, seductively, inching towards her.

"Wh-what?"

"Sorry, I always wanted to try that."

"Oh. That's alright."

"What are you doing?" Priscilla queried, looking at the book and quill Norma Jean John was holding.

"It's my diary," She explained.

Priscilla's eyes went wide as she got even more excited at the thought of secrets.

"Is there anything you would like to... share...?" Priscilla asked, trying to be discreet so that the other dorm members would not hear.

"NO!" Norma Jean John shouted.

"Holy Bloodyness!" Priscilla exclaimed, toppling over onto her bed. For the next hour Norma Jean John wrote in her diary as Priscilla tried to sneak peaks along with tossing her evil looks.

As she got ready for her first lesson that day, Potions, Priscilla noticed a folded note in her Potions book. 'My dad rocks.' It said.

"You evil little fathead!" Priscilla seethed. Norma began to cry.

Priscilla was about to deny that she wasn't talking about her, but she decided against it, "Yeah. You heard me. I'll take it back if you show me your diary!" Priscilla batted her eyelashes.

"Not on your life!" Norma stopped crying abruptly. Priscilla grunted as she slammed the door behind her.

--

"Ms. Braxton, What is the effect of a tirantula's leg in Bagwaddet juice?" Snape questioned.

Vicky turned around to look at Priscilla who was licking her quill and smiling widely to herself, "Vicky! It tastes like sugar!" Priscilla loudly whispered.

Vicky gave Priscilla a disgusted look and turned to face Snape's unwelcome face, "I don't know sir."

"10 points from Gryffindor," Snape said, while the Gryffindors all groaned in unison.

"The correct answer is, 'it tastes like sugar'," Snape explained, half heartedly.

Vicky hit her head against the wooden desk as Harry turned around and glared at her.

"I told you," came a pleased voice from behind her.

--

Lydia drooled slightly in her sleep. She came to when the loud creak of the door opening was heard.

Oliver stood at the door holding a note out for Professor Binns.

"This is a note for regarding your second period Year Four students," Oliver said, not realizing Lydia was in the room.

"Ah yes, and I suppose you've finished your five thousand word essay on the life of Grimwich Hobblebot: The Invincable Troll?"

Oliver's eyes fell on Lydia at that moment. "Erm, no, sir, I don't know what you are talking about," Oliver tried to cover quickly.

"Well, all fourth years must have this done by today, so you best get a move on young man," Professor Binns chided as he turned to face the class once more, "Continuing on.."

Lydia stared shocked at Oliver and mouthed "Fourth Year?" as she wiped drool off her chin.

Oliver turned away and walked out of the room.

--

The next morning, Vicky and Priscilla were sitting together at the Gryffindor table, eating porridge. "Where has Lydia been?" Priscilla asked between mouthfuls. It was almost a week until Christmas Break, and in the last two months they'd only spoken to Lydia five times. As if on cue, the mail came in and two barn owls swooped towards Priscilla and Vicky. "WE HAVE MAIL!" Priscilla shouted excitedly.

They quickly ripped open the notes and found them to be identical ones from Lydia: Oh Merlin, he's old.

"I told you so!" Vicky turned to Priscilla.

"Okay, so?" Priscilla huffed, and got up from the Gryffindor table, "I feel like a traitor. Ciao.”

Vicky watched as Priscilla sat down at the Ravenclaw Table. Vicky continued eating her porridge when she felt someone leaning in towards her. She turned her head and came face to face with Harry. "Does she finally see you for what you really are?" he growled.

Vicky rolled her eyes. "Go shove a sock in it, Potter."

--

Priscilla sat down at her table and looked around if she could see anyone to talk to. Whispers of "Traitor" went around the table and Priscilla wiggled in her seat uncomfortably.

"Hi," a boy said. Priscilla looked up and noticed it was her hero from a while back.

"Oh hi!" She smiled, sliding over on the bench to make room for him, not realizing she was on the end. "OW!" She yelped when she hit the ground.

"Here," the boy said, extending an arm to her and helping her sit down again. He sat down beside her and grinned. "I'm Chambers."

"My name is Priscilla!" Priscilla responded happily.

"Chambers, mate, we have to go fit in some extra practice—"

Priscilla turned around to the boy talking to Chambers and noticed it was the rude boy from her first night at Hogwarts when she had accidentally walked into his dorm.

"Hey! Aren't you that girl who barged in our dorm on the first day?" He exclaimed.

"Bradley, this is Priscilla," Chambers introduced them. Bradley nodded a hi and Priscilla noticed he had a mole on the left side of his mouth. “Moley, Moley,” Priscilla coughed into her sleeve.

“What?” Bradley raised his eyebrows at her, as if daring her to say it again.

“Nothing, just coughing. Hi,” Priscilla smiled. Even though Bradley had a mole, it didn’t affect his personality, right? And anyways, maybe she could make new friends today.

“Okay, whatever,” Bradley said as he turned around dragging Chambers with him. “Nevermind, not being his friend,” Priscilla looked down and whispered.

Chambers gave a crooked smile and mouthed an apology to Priscilla as he was being dragged away. Priscilla smiled to herself and glanced around the hall, accidently making eye contact with the one and only Draco Malfoy. He was glaring at her and shook his white blonde head.

Priscilla furrowed her brow, "What?" she mouthed.

Draco shot Priscilla one last glare and turned to chat with one of Lydia’s dorm mates, Bridget Salmon.

--

“WHY DOES HE HATE ME SO MUCH?!” Vicky yelled into her pillow. Priscilla just made herself comfortable on a random four poster bed in Vicky’s dorm.

“I CANNOT GO A DAY WITHOUT HIM PRYING OVER EVERYTHING I DO AND CHIDING ME!” Vicky slammed her two fists down and managed to hit the hard wooden bed edge. “ARGH!” She screamed in pain.

Priscilla found a hand-made doll plopped beside her and began to fidget with it.

“Is that the REAL you?! Did she finally see you for who you really are?! You’re lying! You’re evil! You LIE!!” Vicky was yelling nonsense into her pillow.

“Well maybe he likes you,” Priscilla said not thinking, still playing with the doll.

“ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! HE HATES ME! DO YOU REALIZE THE INTENSITY OF HIS FEROCIOUSNESS!? YOU’RE DESPICABLE! YOU’RE MALICIOUS! YOU’RE A FAKE VICKY! BLAH BLAH! THIS IS WHAT HE SAYS TO ME DAY BY DAY!” Vicky was yelling at Priscilla now.

Priscilla jumped slightly at Vicky’s sudden outburst and threw the doll at Vicky’s face.

“What was that for?” Vicky picked up the doll, ready to throw it back to Priscilla when her eyes lingered on it.

“Oh. My. Bloody. Socks,” Vicky held the doll up into the light. “Bloody hell,” Vicky continued staring at the doll without blinking.

Priscilla shrugged, “I’m not even going to ask. You’re a bit on the weird side today,” Priscilla just linked her two hands behind her head and fell back to relax.

In a matter of seconds, Vicky began to whimper.

“Okay. Fine. I’ll ask just because you’re acting like a dog. What is it?” Priscilla closed her eyes.

“.. He-he-he’s everywhere!”

Priscilla’s eyes snapped open. “What? He’s in here?!” She began to look around the room frantically but finding no one, she became very annoyed.

“Look,” Priscila faced Vicky who was still holding up the doll, “You need to take a freeze pill. Seriously. He doesn’t despise you.”

At that moment, Vicky dropped the doll to the ground and tilted her chin back down to make eye contact with Priscilla. All this she did rather dramatically.

Then, she lifted her right hand and pointed to the ground. Priscilla’s eyes followed and she gave an exasperated sigh when she realized Vicky was pointing to the doll, again.

“Vicky! Tell me. What is so darn special about that doll? Why are you such a drama queen?”

“Look carefully,” Vicky commanded, still pointing.

Priscilla looked carefully, but nothing out of the ordinary popped out to her. It was a regular 5 inch doll with a head, a body, and limbs. It was dressed in a black robe and it had short black hair. No big deal.

Vicky gave an annoyed grumble when Priscilla looked up with a questioning look.

“IT’S HARRY POTTER!”

Priscilla looked at the doll once more. It definitely did not look like Harry Potter, but she could see why Vicky would assume it is. Someone clearly did a bad job of sewing, if it really were supposed to be Harry Potter.

“Vicky…” Priscilla began.

Vicky sensed Priscilla’s ‘it’s-okay-if-you’re-going-crazy’ tone and gave up. She ran out of the room and slammed the door.

--

“We wish you a merry Christmas, We wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry …”

The choir was singing Christmas carols all week, during every meal, between, and after classes.

Lydia, Vicky, and Priscilla sat in the rather empty Great Hall and played Clue, a muggle apparatus Vicky was sent by her mother.

“Oh! It’s Mrs. White! In the Study!” Vicky exclaimed.

“WITH A CANDLESTICK!” Both Lydia and Priscilla yelled.

A few people turned to look at the girls. They were really getting into the game.

“I WON!” Vicky did her new ‘happy dance’ that she invented in the past 3 hours. Vicky seemed to have a talent in muggle games.

“Bloody hell,” Lydia groaned, “I didn’t win once!”

“It’s okay Lydia,” Priscilla patted her back, “I CHALLENGE YOU TO ONE MORE GAME!” Priscilla yelled across the table to Vicky.

“Bring it on!” Vicky slammed her hands on the table as they once again, began another intense game of Clue.

“Erm, Lydia?” Oliver tapped Lydia on the back.

“What?” Lydia snapped, not realizing it was Oliver.

“Oh, if you’re busy...” Oliver took a step back.

“No. What is it?” Lydia asked, her tone softening, as she put her cards down.

“Can I- erm- talk to you alone?” Oliver looked at the still engaged Priscilla and Vicky, who were discussing the possible weapons that were used.

Lydia and Oliver walked to the corner of the Great Hall.

“I guess, its time to tell you up front- I’m not in 2nd year,” Oliver shuffled his feet and looked down.

“Yes, I know. You’re in fourth,” Lydia said plainly.

“Yeah, I am,”

“Okay,” Lydia walked back to the table ready to beat Vicky this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 7 Preview:

"Pardon me?" Dumbledore asked, his brow furrowing.

"Vicky and I were kidnapped," Priscilla said dramatically.

"Ah, yes," Dumbledore agreed, faking concern, "And that is why you are here right now. Because you have been kidnapped. Lovely, but I must address—"