Everything's Overrated

Pranks and Shrines

The next few days, Vicky and Priscilla were forced to sleep in their common rooms. They were too worried that they would frighten their silent malevolent captors. They discussed the issue with Lydia over owls and Lydia, knowing the two girls might make a mess of themselves without her there to save them, made them promise to let it go. The girls agreed, to their distaste.

It was four nights before the end of the Christmas holidays. The Gryffindor common room was silent as Vicky put her book away, and got ready to sleep. She reached below her and grabbed her nightly bundle consisting of a blanket, a pillow, and her toothbrush. Priscilla and Vicky had prepared their bundles right after their unfair chat with Dumbledore.

Vicky yawned and threw the blanket over herself. She was just getting comfortable when she heard a few creaks coming from the stairs. She silently watched as the creaks came lower and lower until something hit the floor with a light ‘thud’. Vicky couldn’t believe her eyes. What she saw was a pair of socked feet shuffling themselves across the common room.

“HALT RIGHT THERE!” She yelled jolting into an upright position.

The feet stopped at her command and turned so they pointed towards her direction.

Vicky couldn’t believe there were little feet running around her own common room! Hogwarts really was full of strange things.

“Ahem,” She couldn’t think of what to say next, so she got up and bent down right in front of the two feet.

"Harry?" Vicky said slowly, recognizing his socks.

"How'd you know it was me?" Harry's muffled voice was heard.

"Never mind," Vicky blushed. She had anonymously given him the socks for Christmas.

Harry took off the invisible maker. It turned out to be a cloak. "This was my father's invisibility cloak," he said proudly.

“Wow,” Vicky admired the cloak and reached out to feel it. Harry snapped it away from her and embraced it in a tight hug.

“Okay...” Vicky rolled her eyes, “Where are you going anyways?”

“No place you should know about,” he said as he continued walking towards the door.

“Wait! I want to come!” Vicky followed Harry out the door.

“No! Go back inside!” Harry looked angry but that didn’t bother Vicky at all.

“No. I’m going with you,” Vicky stated.

“URGH!” He exclaimed as he threw the invisibility cloak on himself once more.

Vicky couldn’t see Harry any longer but she could hear him, so she followed with her ears. She tried grabbing at Harry’s cloak a few times and she got him once or twice, but not

without Harry mumbling curses under his breath. Vicky began to regret following Priscilla’s advice on giving him socks for Christmas.

“Filch!” Harry hissed, “Get under here, NOW!”

Vicky’s heart skipped a beat as she saw Mrs. Norris’ little feet appearing at the corner of the hall. She rushed under the cloak as commanded and Harry pulled Vicky to the side, their backs against the cold stone wall. Sweat droplets were forming on Vicky’s forehead as they stood statue still. Mrs. Norris and Filch made their way down the hall, Filch humming a song and Mrs. Norris giving suspicious eyes towards everything she saw. Vicky’s breathing became irregular when she tried to breathe quietly as possible; she could hear Harry doing the same only millimetres away from her. She felt very uncomfortable- but she was sure it was because of the lack of air under the cloak- she was most certain it was, right?

--

Meanwhile, Priscilla was not in her Ravenclaw common room as supposed to be. She decided she was hungry and went to find herself a midnight snack, again.

“Yes, yes, I know, I know. I should have learnt my lesson,” Priscilla whispered to an imaginary lecturer, “But what am I supposed to do if I’m dying of hunger and my stash of chocolate frogs were all eaten by a group of little boys!?”

She crept down to the kitchens and tickled the pear which giggled and turned into a doorknob. Priscilla opened the door slowly and walked into the kitchen, "I'M HUNGRY!" she announced. Four house elves appeared in front of her and shook as they held up food to her, "That's better," Priscilla mumbled, stuffing food into her mouth.

"Please don't eat everything this time..." A house elf whimpered.

"Okay," Priscilla agreed, "As long as you give me some food to take up to my dorm."

"But, that is not permitted!" The elf protested.

Priscilla's eyes narrowed, "I said give me some food to take up to my dorm!" The house elf nodded obligingly and scurried away.

As soon as the house elf brought her the food, Priscilla snatched it and ran out, cackling. As she hurried down the halls, Priscilla grew tired and weary, getting some cramps in her stomach, "My tummy!" she whined.

"Who's there?" A loud male voice was heard.

"Filch!" Priscilla gasped, hiding in a small corner. "OW!" A girl squealed quietly.

Priscilla gasped and turned around, only to come face to face with Bradley and a fourth year girl.

"Priscilla?!" Bradley asked, shocked.

"Ew," Priscilla said, turning on her heel, but not before muttering, "MOLEH MOLEH."

Bradley shook his head and turned to the shocked looking Jasmine Aloy, "Who was THAT?" She asked, "Nobody," he answered.

Priscilla was disgusted. What was wrong with people at Hogwarts? She carried her strawberry vanilla cake proudly as she skipped down the hall, singing 'Oops I did it again'.

--

Vicky and Harry still stood pressed against the stone wall, even though Filch had passed a while ago. They were too scared to move in the chance that he would come back and catch them. Just as Vicky was turning to Harry to tell him she thought the coast was clear, he whipped out an arm and slammed her against the wall again. "SHHHH," he hissed.

Vicky heard a distant sound. It sounded like someone singing the muggle song, Oops I Did It Again, by that famous muggle singer, "What is that?" Vicky whispered.

"SHHHH," Harry said again, more urgently.

Priscilla came skipping down the hall, holding her cake and singing gleefully, grinning as widely as possible.

"Oh my goodness, I can't believe this," Vicky looked down and hid her eyes, embarrassed. Harry quietly laughed and said, "Alright, let's go."

Vicky followed Harry once again, only this time, Harry was a bit nicer and shared his invisibility cloak with Vicky. They finally arrived at a dark empty room.

"Look," Harry lead Vicky to a tall mirror, framed with Gold intricate designs.

Vicky looked into the mirror and screamed. She and Harry were reflected back, except they were older. Much, much, older.

"SHH!" Harry snapped, "What do you see?"

Vicky rubbed her eyes and looked again. This time, she noticed she was wearing a big poofy white dress with her hair in an up-do. Beside her, Harry was dressed in a tuxedo, his hair gelled. Vicky heaved a disappointed sigh, "I didn't want that dress!" She had in fact, chosen out a wedding dress a year back with Priscilla and Lydia.

"What?" Harry asked again.

"No- Nothing," She sighed, "What is this thing!?"

"It's the mirror of Erised. It tells you your deepest desire. It looks deep into your heart and shows you what you really want."

Vicky glanced at Harry and gave him a suspicious look. She was wondering if he saw the same thing she did. "Aherm," She cleared her throat, "So what do you see?" She was still looking at him in the same suspicious way.

"I see my family," He smiled and touched the mirror. Vicky turned around, disgusted at the mirror, and muttered strange curses at it, for being stupid and wrong.

--

The Christmas Break had come and gone faster than anyone could believe. It was now spring and everyone in Gryffindor and Hufflepuff were tense over the upcoming Quidditch match.

Vicky and Priscilla had served one month in detention with Quirrell, and tonight was the last night.

"Hehehe," Vicky cackled.

"Hohoho," Priscilla added.

They were making their way down to the defence against the dark arts room and discussing a final prank to pull on Quirrell.

They walked into the room and found Quirrell trying to moonwalk. The girls stifled their giggles and cleared their throats.

"Oh-oh! S-s-orry G-girls! Uhh, I have w-work for y-y-y-y-y—”

"Us," Vicky completed his sentence. Priscilla just shook her head at the stuttering professor who couldn’t teach.

The girls were ecstatic that it was their last day with turban man.

"Pssst," Priscilla whispered to Vicky as they were both washing the floor, "Do you ever pretend you're like Cinderella or something?"

"Um, no," Vicky continued washing, "Do you ever wonder what is under his turban?"

"Um, yes," Priscilla answered.

"Okay! I have plan!" Vicky said in an accent.

"Okay! I excite!" Priscilla answered excitedly.

The girls devised a plan and in the end, it failed. It resulted in Quirrell slapping both girls across the heads and them bawling their eyes out. They ran to Dumbledore who agreed to take measures and made the girls promise again to never bother Salma Thong and Norma Jean John.

"You know, I haven't spoken to Salma in ages," Priscilla shared with Vicky.

"Yeah. And I've been sleeping on the common room couch for ages," Vicky said annoyed.

"Why? Still?"

"Oh my gosh. You've been accepted back into your ROOM?"

"Yes. But I think it's time to take some action," Priscilla said.

"Yes. It is time."

This planning took very long, in fact, it took until the last week of school.

It involved intense brainstorming and assessment sessions and the girls nearly spent an hour each day formulating the plan. Harry once walked by at a wrong moment and called Vicky an 'evil brute'. Priscilla even asked Draco, the master of all evil plans, what they should do. The answer she received was two words, "My Dad."

"Are you ready for this?" Vicky said.

"YES!" Priscilla panted.

"Okay, LET’S GO PUT FROGS IN THEIR BEDS!" Vicky exclaimed.

"OKAY!"

They entered the Ravenclaw common room first, to prank Salma Thong. Vicky thought it would be funny to steal a fifth year's lacy lingerie and put it between Salma's Potions text book, so they did. "Ew. Ew. Ew." Vicky repeated as she held up the pair of panties. Priscilla opened the text and Vicky threw them in, "Gross."

Then they lifted up Salma's bed covers and threw in 10 frogs, which were gladly caught by the Weasley twins.

"Let's throw some in her trunk so she can bring some home," Vicky's eyes widened at the thought.

"YEAH!" Priscilla said excitedly, grabbing some frogs and getting ready to throw them in.

Vicky whipped open the trunk and gasped.

"WHAT! WHAT! LET ME SEE!" Priscilla said, jumping up and down. Vicky was in front of her.

Vicky was speechless as she moved away, still staring in shock at what appeared to be in fact a shrine dedicated to Draco Malfoy. A large photograph of Draco Malfoy smirking and checking himself out in the mirror was staring the two girls in the face. Everything was silver and green, and above the picture in large loopy handwriting it said, 'SILVER BOY'.

"Oh my...” Priscilla said, as she examined the trunk, "WHAT ON EARTH! BACK OFF, HE'S MINE!"

Vicky couldn't decide what she was more shocked of. The shrine, or what Priscilla had just said, "He's yours?" Vicky asked, her eyebrows raised.

"Shut it Vicky. No one is allowed to like him! I'm so angry! This must be stopped. And once we eliminate Salma Thong, Draco will have no more distractions."

Vicky stared, shocked beyond belief. "Erm... What about Pansy Pugface..."

"I WILL ELIMINATE HER AS WELL!" Priscilla shrieked.

"Wow," Vicky burst out laughing, and so did Priscilla. As they left the Ravenclaw tower, Vicky felt it was safe to start making fun of her, and didn't stop until they were in Vicky's Gryffindor dormitory.

"Okay, same process, frogs in the bed, spit it her book instead of lingerie?"

"Yeah, yeah," Priscilla agreed, "Let's open her trunk. I bet you anything she has a shrine too!" she added, jokingly.

Priscilla whipped open the trunk, "Um... Vicky..."

"Hmm?"

"You know what I said about betting she has a shrine?"

"Yes?" Vicky was putting frogs in Norma Jean John's pillowcase.

"You owe me money, I was right."

"WHAT! For who?"

"Uh, well apparently she calls him 'Golden Boy'...It's Harry Portia!"

"NO!"

"YES!"

"NO!"

"YES!"

"NO!"

"Oh my goodness, COME SEE!" Priscilla shouted, exasperated.

Vicky leaped across the bed, almost landing in the trunk herself. The trunk was decorated in the exact same manner as Draco's shrine, and the same 'Ultimate Goal' was written in glittery paint, 'NJJ & ST SOLEMNLY SWEAR THAT WE WILL DATE GOLDEN BOY AND SILVER BOY AND THEY WILL BECOME FRIENDS AND WE WILL DOUBLE DATE'.

"WHAT!" Vicky shouted, "Is this real?"

"Well, they have Dumble-man on their side, we just may lose this battle, Vicky, and there is nothing we can do about it..." Priscilla said morosely.

"Why do we care anyways?" Vicky slammed the trunk shut.

Priscilla stared at what Vicky had just done.

"What?" Vicky asked, confused.

"You just closed the trunk..." Priscilla said slowly.

"Yeah, so?" Vicky asked, looking at Priscilla weirdly.

"Did we close Thong's trunk?" Priscilla asked nervously.

Vicky's eyes widened, "I do not think we did!"

"Bloody hell!"

They ran down the stairs and sat on the sofas. Priscilla was jittery and Vicky was still in shock.

"Okay, well forget it. It's too far," Vicky said.

"But!"

"No. We need to study for our exams. They are in two days Priscilla! Two Days!"

Priscilla sighed and reluctantly studied with Vicky, telling her almost all of the answers.

--

The year ended with many twists and turns. There was some ruckus involving Quirrell, Dumbledore, and The Trio, but the girls weren’t ‘permitted to know’. Vicky and Harry left on a very sour note, Lydia and Oliver also, and Priscilla and Draco fought on the train on the way home. The girls were thrilled when summer came but it left so soon, according to them. All three girls were together everyday and celebrated their twelfth birthdays. The summer was just like any other, all together, and nothing could separate them— well, nothing, other than their upcoming second year at Hogwarts.
♠ ♠ ♠
YEAR 2 SNEAK PREVIEW:

Harry got up and rubbed his nose. He pointed a finger at Vicky, “You- You- You- Nosy little violent girl!”

“Excuse me?!” Vicky scoffed.

“You heard me! NOSY! VIOLENT!”

AND

“I can’t stand this any longer!” Lydia screamed.

Priscilla sulked.

“No Vicky for 3 months!? This is ridiculous!”

AND

"Listen, I know you may think your best friend hates me, but I have reason to believe that she thinks I am sexy and secretly wants to love me and be with me for all eternity."

Year 2, Coming up!