Everything's Overrated

I Spy

The sorting hat was at it again, except this time, it was sorting a fresh new set of first years. The girls were looking forward to being known as something other than ‘first years’ this time around; finally, they were able to look down on people.

“Jablowme, Haywood,” McGonagall called out.

“HAHAHA!” From each table, one person erupted into laughter. On the very far right, Vicky from Gryffindor, followed by Priscilla in Ravenclaw, then Lydia from Slytherin. A good looking boy named Cedric from Hufflepuff laughed the longest and Cho nudged Priscilla who was sitting beside her.

“He’s really cute,” Cho said.

Priscilla looked at the boy who was stifling his laughter. Yes, he was a cute boy, but Priscilla thought she was still too young to even think about boys.

“Okay,” She answered as she looked back to the front to the arrogant looking Haywood Jablowme.

“Sltytherin!” cried the sorting hat. “Oh boy,” Lydia muttered to herself and shrugged at Priscilla who was sticking her tongue out.

Several minutes in, the ceremony was rudely interrupted by Harry and Ronald who made a big commontion coming in late into the Great Hall. They were taken care of by Snape and McGonagall, a fact Vicky enjoyed very much.

Dinner was spectacular, and it was a great time to catch up with people. To her luck, Vicky didn’t receive any rude remarks from the dishevelled Harry, and she believed she made friends with the Weasely twins. She was also introduced to an addition to the Weasely’s Gryffindor streak, a little girl named Ginny Weasely, whom she found too quiet for her liking. Priscilla and Cho hit it off this year and they both linked arms while walking to their tower. Lydia and a 3rd year girl, Kelly Lloyd, poked fun at Pansy Parkinson who was making puddles drooling over Malfoy, who didn’t look any better by the way.

This year, the dorm selections were nearly the same, minus the two shrine fanatics Priscilla and Vicky met last year.

The first week of classes went by wonderfully. All three girls were quite satisfied with their lessons and professors, but Priscilla seemed to have forgotten a certain boy in Ravenclaw.

--

It was break time on a Wednesday three weeks into the second year. Priscilla was sitting alone on a bench outside, memorizing the several ways to create a healing potion.

“Long time no see,” someone sat beside her.

“Yes.. Harbicus mixed with Royal Carnel Jelly..” she mumbled scribbling on her parchment.

“So how have you been?”

Priscilla had a miniature exam coming up in Potions next class, and she couldn’t afford to mess up any more. Last week, Snape caught her passing notes with Cho and deducted 10

points from her house. Only a few days ago, Priscilla received back a paper she had written about The Gonzaga Elixer, and spent a day crying because she received less than 50 on it.

“I’ve.. been… rats tongue… uhmm.. great..” she answered, not once did she look up to see who it was.

“I’ve been good as well. Do you need any help with that? I’ve done it last year,”

At this, Priscilla glanced up to be met by Chambers’ lopsided grin. He hadn’t changed much; he had the same blue eyes and the same short light hair.

“Well, if you’ve done it, then I guess you should help me. I need a good grade on this next assessment, you see.”

“Not a problem,” Chambers scooted closer to take a closer look at Priscilla’s parchment.

“Aherm,” Priscilla cleared her throat.

Chambers looked up with curious eyes.

“You’re a bit too close for comfort,” She stated plainly.

Chambers just smiled and moved away an inch and began to help Priscilla memorize.

--

From behind an oak tree, Vicky was carefully scrutinizing Priscilla. She was just about to skip up and sit with her, when a boy she never saw before took her place.

“What is she doing now?” Vicky whispered to herself.

“She’s ignoring him, clearly furious at something he did. No, nevermind, she’s not furious, just a little angsty. My proof? She’s answering with no eye contact,” Vicky used a spy voice, talking to her invisible partner. She squinted to get a better view.

“Okay, now she’s pointing to her paper.. Yes, she must be telling him off! Go PRIS!” Vicky threw a little air punch and whispered a “YESSSSS.”

Vicky’s eyes widened as the boy shuffled closer to Priscilla.

“No. Oh, no, no! What should I do?” Vicky was just about to yell ‘DUMBLEDORE!’ when someone tapped her on her shoulder. She whipped her head around and bonked the tapper hard on the nose.

“OW!”

“Oh cripes! I’m so sorr-” Vicky stopped in mid sentence. “Nevermind. I changed my mind. I’m not that sorry at all, Potter.”

Harry got up and rubbed his nose. He pointed a finger at Vicky, “You- You- You- Nosy little violent girl!”

“Excuse me?!” Vicky scoffed.

“You heard me! NOSY! VIOLENT!”

“EXPLAIN YOURSELF!” Vicky exclaimed, now pointing a finger at Harry.

“Nosy because you’re spying on your innocent friend. Violent because you just broke my nose!” Harry was now pointing at his nose which was turning a purplish grey tint.

“It’s not broken, and I wasn’t spying,” Vicky stuck her nose in the air and crossed her arms.

“ARGH!” Harry yelled and kicked a rock which hit Vicky in the shin.

“OWW!” At this, Priscilla and Chambers both came running to her.

“What is going on?” Chambers demanded. “Yes, What is going on?” Priscilla tried to imitate Chambers’ ‘in-charge’ voice but it ended up sounding a bit manly.

“HE HIT ME!”

“SHE HIT ME FIRST!”

Chambers shook his head. “Second years...”

“Vicky! Why’d you hit Harry Portia!?” Priscilla exclaimed.

“WHO’S SIDE ARE YOU ON!?” Vicky shouted at Priscilla who jerked back, tripping.

“See! Look what you’ve done! You’ve tripped your own friend now!” Harry pointed towards Priscilla who was brushing off fresh grass stains from her robes.

“ARGH! I HATE YOU HARRY POTTER!”

Silence was everywhere. Everyone just stared, even people who were twenty feet away.

“Harry,” a little red-head girl who popped out of now where; was now tugging on Harry’s sleeve. It was Ginny Weasely, the Weasely family’s youngest member, “Let’s go.”

Vicky glared at both Harry and Ginny until they were out of sight. Then she turned towards Priscilla who was biting her bottom lip, wide eyed, muttering “Vicky’s wrath, Vicky’s wrath,” over and over again. Chambers tried to reach for Vicky, wanting to calm her down before she did anything rash.

All Vicky did was give Priscilla one last glare, turn on her heel, and storm away.

“I’m SORRY!” Priscilla desperately yelled.

“I’M NOT TALKING TO YOU FOR THIRTY FIVE MINUTES!!” was Vicky’s harsh response.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 10 Preview:

Priscilla looked at Harry. “YOU DID THIS!” She screamed.

“What? No I didn’t,” Harry protested.

Ignoring him, Priscilla continued, “Harry Portia! Why would you do such a thing!?”