Status: Back on haitus. Yeah, I know, guys; sorry. I'm focusing more on The First Cut Is The Deepest right now. So when I get the urge to start writing on this again, I will. =) Don't unsubscribe! =]

Forced by Love

Chapter 4

My ex-boyfriend, David. I waved to him and he waved back. I walked over to him and left the guys standing there.

Here's the thing. Me and David were close friends and he had a little thing for me, as I did for him. Last year, he asked me out and I said yes. We went out for about 2 and a half months. Then he broke it off saying he needed space and that our relationship was too complicated. But our relationship was the total opposite from complicated. It was simple. And for the space thing, I gave him his space. But anyways, after we broke up, a week later he got with the school's slut, Amy. I wasn't angry or sad that we broke up. I really didn't care. It wasn't that serious, anyways. But I was angry when he lied to me about space and it being complicated. And that he got with Amy over me. But me being the better person, I let it go, and we became friends again. Just not as close as before.

David is a sophomore with regular sophomore classes, by the way.

"Hey Lace!" David said.

"Hey Dave!" I replied.

He looked past me and looked over my shoulder. He saw the guys and he cocked an eyebrow at me.

"New transfer students. They're all juniors." I explained.

"Oh... And you have to show them around?" He asked.

"Yup... And it's a total bummer!" I complained.

He just laughed at me. I sent him a death glare and he tried to cover up his laughter with a cough. But failed miserably.

I glanced back behind me and saw Riley was making his way over to us.

"Oh no..." I muttered. David gave me a questioning look.

Riley finally came up to us and he, once again, wrapped his arm over my shoulder. And with his other hand, he entwined his fingers with mine. Forcefully, I might add. He held a firm grip on shoulder.

"Let. Me. Go." I said through gritted teeth. I said it just low enough for him to hear.

"Hi, I'm David. Lacey's friend." David said.

Riley eyed him up and down. "Hey. I'm Riley. Lacey's boyfriend." Riley said.

No...

I just stood there. I couldn't do anything. I couldn't speak or move. But I did do one thing. I dug my nails into his hand. I was so angry, that's all I could do. I dug deep. I felt his skin tear. And I felt him tense up from the pain.

"Oh really?" David asked.

"Yes." Riley replied.

"How long?"

"Just yesterday."

"Just yesterday? You've only known her for a day?"

"Yes, but we really hit it off." Riley said. I dug deeper.

"Oh cool." David said.

I kept going deeper. So deep, I felt blood trickle down. I looked down and saw as the red blood came out.

"Oh well, I got to go. I just came out to use the bathroom. They may think I ditched class. Bye!" Then he was gone.

I pushed Riley off of me and let go of his hand. I heard Riley scream in pain. I watched as the blood dripped all over his hand and some drops of blood fell to the floor.

"Ah... Fuck, this hurts!" He held his hand and put pressure on it.

The guys finally came over and saw Riley's hand.

"Where's the nurse's office?" Asked one of the guys.

I just turned around and headed towards the nurse's office. They got the point and followed me. When I got there, I knocked on the door.

"Hello? Miss Peterson?" I called.

"Yes?" She said as she came into view.

"I have a new transfer student and he's injured. Could you please bandage him up?" I said in my polite, good girl voice.

"Why, of course! Where are they?" She asked.

"Right here." As I said that, they all walked in.

Riley sat down on the bed, as Miss Peterson got her bandages and stuff ready. Riley still clutched his right hand in pain. I didn't keep eye contact with him, because I knew it would lead to something bad. I found out the hard way. Instead, I looked at my nails. My blood-stained nails. As Miss Peterson was cleaning Riley's wounds, she asked a question that was bound to be asked.

"How did you get these wounds? They look like fingernail marks. Like they were dug into your skin." She asked Riley.

"Um..." Riley began, but I cut him off.

"I did it." I said, raising up my left hand; showing the blood now drying onto my fingernails.

"Oh..." She said, not pushing the subject any further. Thank God for that.

She was putting on his bandages, when Riley asked her a question.

"How old are you?"

She blushed. "23." She said shyly.

"Really?! So young..." Riley trailed off. She blushed again.

"I'm Riley, by the way." He said.

"Hi, Riley. I'm Miss Peterson." She said.

"What's your first name?" He asked her.

"Um... JoAnn." She said blushing once more.

"Wow... That's a nice name." He said to her.

"Thanks..." She muttered.

"Your welcome." He said as he flashed her a smile. And once again, she blushed.

What's with all the blushing?!

Then he started to have a little conversation with her. He would talk and she would giggle. Conversation my ass! He was totally flirting with her. And she was flirting back!

Eww... gross. Totally reasonable if he flirts with her. He's such a player.

She giggled again. And I rolled my eyes.

Oh my gosh! If they got together, that would be so illegal and... wrong!

But then I remembered something about Miss Peterson that they didn't know yet. Why she hasn't gotten a boyfriend yet.

I'll tell them later. First, I wanna see what he does.

I smirked to myself.

Before we left the nurse's office, Riley said his goodbye to Miss Peterson.

"I'll see you soon." He said, holding her hand in his.

She giggled. I, on the other hand, started to laugh to myself. Riley bent down a bit and kissed her hand. I was trying to keep my laugh under control as long as I could.

Then we left. As soon as we entered the hallway, I started laughing like crazy. As I laughed, I pointed at Riley, and tried to speak. But I just couldn't.

"What are you laughing at?" Riley asked.

"Y-you!" I said, gasping for air.

"What about me?"

I couldn't respond, but just kept laughing. Riley looked at me as if I was crazy. Then he finally spoke up.

"I like your name. It's very beautiful. Lacey..." He trailed off, smiling to himself.

"Are you trying to sweet talk me into telling you more about our school nurse?" I asked as I finally stopped laughing.

"No... I just... really like your name." He said.

"Yeah, whatever..." I said walking away.

On the outside I stopped laughing, but in the inside, I was still laughing like crazy. Then the bell rang. I saw all the students file out of the building and go to the tables, the other building, and to the field.

Oh... It's lunch time already?

I joined the crowd and walked over to the other building. I entered the building and got my lunch. When I got my lunch, I headed for the field. When I got there, I started to walk next to the field where there were trees. And behind all those trees, was the school fence. But the fence was covered with trees. I saw my friends under the biggest tree there, sitting in the shade. I walked over there and sat down.

"Hey, guys!" I said to Ivy, Eve, David, and three other friends of mine. Katie, Sean, and Justin.

I know it's confusing about the grades, so I'll clear this up for you.

Me; sophomore, but takes junior classes.
Riley and his friends; juniors.
David; sophomore.
Ivy and Eve; juniors.
Katie; freshman.
Sean; senior. He's dating Ivy.
Justin; junior. He's dating Eve. Justin and Sean are not related.

I hope I kinda cleared that up for you.

"Hey!" They all replied.

"Hey, guys. Did you hear? Lacey has a boyfriend!" David said.

"What?!" They all said.

"I do NOT!!!" I screamed at the tops of my lungs.

"Yeah, you do."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!
Readers at the moment: 10
Comments at the moment: 3
Subscribers at the moment: 3